HTML - Abandoned - The Weekend [v2.0.1.9] [Tufty]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Barbiecued

Love the writing, illustrations and most of all, human characters. They're fleshed out, and has personality and bodies that's not pinup models, but relateable - which is very rare for MtF games. I played this a year or two ago and loved it but was also disappointed that it dropped or delayed. I haven't followed the development of the game since, but I had it in the back of my mind and very much hoped it would be picked up again and continued. I'd love for the author to continue this project because for once, it is an MtF that you aren't physically rolling your eyes at.
  2. F
    4.00 star(s)

Frank Diamond

Played until I got as far as it goes, but I want to replay it again with different choices. I did not think I would like a game where the MC becomes a girl so soon but what he has to learn and how his attitudes change made this very compelling. So glad I found this!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Dan_

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said? This game features MtF transformation and focuses mainly on Cassie's (the protagonist) experience with the sudden change.

SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD **BEWARE**

Story
    We follow Casey on his way to visit his sister (obviously there's more detail but if I added it here it would make this review way too long). He mysteriously turns into female and now has to deal with it until it can be resolved. This story focuses heavily on Casey's POV and you meet a variety of interesting characters. People you meet almost immediately are Ameila (sister), Francis (sister's boyfriend :sneaky:), Hayden (Casey's best friend :sneaky:), and many more people come into Caseys's life throughout the story. All these people feel... well... like people! They're interesting and their dialogue is no different. People like Amelia and
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    really keep the story moving and do so in an interesting and fun way. Overall, as of right now, the story is sweet and doesn't feature anything hardcore.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Game play
    Game play involves just making choices and following Casey's journey. You choose what she does and thinks and sometimes your actions have direct affect on the story. The game play, overall, is simple nothing complicated. This game (it's more like a VN the more I think about it) is more focused on story and honestly I don't mind.

Conclusion

The old version (in my opinion) was excellent but unfortunately, Tufty didn't think so. However, you can tell that this newer version she has created has lots of effort put into it. I can not wait to see how it goes!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kingscard

If you're a fan of this genre, Male to female transformation, this story will enlighten your day !
    You have plenty of choices of make but I don't know if the choices have any impact though.
    I wish the author will stay this inspired !
  5. 4.00 star(s)

ScarletCrow

This is good. I think I played this long ago before but kinda forgot about it. And I tried playing her previous work, "Thin Walls", and it was also good, albeit very short. I'm gonna go with 4 stars for now, though. Possibly will update it after a few updates to the game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Calle Dossi

I keep coming back to the thread, knowing I'm sure to be disappointed, that this game hasn't been updated for more than a year. I'm so afraid this game would be abandoned, because I'm dying to see how all the branching paths would come together. That's just what The Weekend does best, leading you down towards unexpected lanes, leaving you further and further away from the character you should have been. And it's one of the few dedicated works that actually cares about its characters. For a male-to-female transformation, it handles with a sensitive precision, offering a relatable experience. Now that doesn't mean this game shies away from sexualization. It just takes time (not long) to get there, has a giddy time along the way, and never goes astray from the adorable slice-of-life story it wants to tell. Tufty shows us what a proper adult transgender game should be like. Check out their other work Thin Walls too. Please don't stop writing Tufty.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Trectucal

What i've played through has been phenomenal and i wish for more.
    The feel of the characters is extremely enjoyable and the choices the character makes matches with their personality.
    Will definitely play the next update if i comes out.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 58900

It's always fun to see more transformation / corruption / sissification games, especially when they have potential. I feel like this project isn't quite living up to what it could be, though. I've only played through once, so I'd need to poke around more to get a really solid opinion, I think I saw enough for a fair judgement.

It really feels like it's written for trans women, by a trans woman. And hey fair enough, that's not my demographic. There are a few moments where I felt sexiness could have been an option, but it was omitted or only teased and then dropped for the sake of realism. Lots of missed opportunities for a lot of fluff, it seemed like.

Another problem is the lines and lines of text. This writer falls into the common mistake of narrating every action between every scene, even if it isn't interesting. Instead of a short sentence or paragraph describing the walk to the beach, or the shopping at the mall, or the insert activity here, we get a heck of a lot of description that I found myself trying to read, but giving up and skimming later on.

I do enjoy the sissification / mtf transforamtion genre in general, but mostly as a corruption fantasy. So I'ma say again, it really feels like it's meant for men that want to be women. It's interesting because I haven't seen that niche filled before, and some of the notes this game touches on are non-sexual desires for womanhood, it seems.

Long story short, not really my cup of tea, but the sexiness is fun, there are lots of options to explore for replayability, and it is an alpha after all. Best of luck to the dev and their game.