VN Others Abandoned The Void Club [Ch. 31] [The Void]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Why leaving Ren'py for the less powerful and not updated since more than two years, Tyrano Builder ?

Reactions: Aazkaal and DeCal

The void club

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Why leaving Ren'py for the less powerful and not updated since more than two years, Tyrano Builder ?
Ren'py doesn't offer an option to make a browser version of the game, which is kind of a key aspect if we want to reach a bigger audience

And it's also way easier to use as a non programmer ;)

Maybe in the future, if we have a proper programmer, we can change to a more powerful engine that still allow the publication on browser, but for that we need more funds

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Ren'py doesn't offer an option to make a browser version of the game, which is kind of a key aspect if we want to reach a bigger audience
While Ren'py itself don't offer it, it doesn't mean that it's not possible to .
As for the audience, well I don't feel like any effectively good (not saying that yours isn't) game made with Ren'py, or not having a browser playable version, fail to reach a big one. , or , to name only three, haven't bribed their patrons, they earned them because they heard of the game in a way or another. And what about Asian's games ? Almost none have a browser version, still they are the ones with the biggest audience in the scene.
Anyway, nowadays what's needed to increase the audience is not a game playable in a browser, but a game playable on a mobile device. And Ren'py can do this natively, while Tyrano Builder will need a browser.

Not saying this to force you, just to correct you. It's your game, you obviously make it with the engine you want.

The void club

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Well, the reach of audience is mainly to get feedback from the players, to know what is good and what is bad from what we are doing. I know there's a lot of game that doesn't even have browser version, but we can see an important difference since we switched to browser (250 downloads vs. more than 50 000 time played on different adult game website (newground, gamcore, etc.))

As the developer i can tell you it's more fun when you know that people play the game and enjoy it than if you work on something and it's almost invisible.

We'll see in the future how we will turn it, we are aiming to make it in 2 parts, chapter and management/dating game and we know if the second part is too big it wont be on browser (and it might be the same for the chapters a some point) but to be able to have the right people to help us on those big project we need the visibility and the funds (its the sad truth about it). We do it for fun as a hobby because we like it and we have a good idea of what we want to make, but when we lack the proper skills to reach our main goal, we have to learn or ask for help and make with what we have :)

On the other side, i have nothing against ren'py i used it a lot before, I'm not a good programmer, and i prefer the fact that it is easy to improve while tyrano is kind of closed to game play improvement (at least in a easy way, while ren'py have a lot of documentation that can help)

Anyway, we always like comments or critics about our game, be sure we are taking everything in consideration, now that i know that some people work on a way to make it possible to have a browser option on ren'py we might think about it for the future

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
OP Updated

Note that Chapter 1 is on Ren'py and Chapters 2 & 3 are on TyranoBuilder

Reactions: DrackDrap

The void club

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Chapter 3 have been released on browser version, for those interested:

The void club

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
Here we are, with chapter 4!
We had little problem with the sound in the browser version of the game, so we had to remove it, we'll try to fix that for the next chapters.

The music is included in the downloadable version (we put all the chapters in one file on mediafire, if you want to download it)

We are also working hard on the management game, we are still in pre-production (making the basic programming, trying the game play) But we will try to get it out in a couple of months. The game will be in links with the chapters, so you'll have to play them to unlock the girls in the game and interact with them.

Chapter 4:

download chapters:

enjoy!

main menu copy.jpg

The void club

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2018
the chapter 6 is now online on newgrounds!

Also some good news about the management/dating game, the main part is done, so we think we will be able to release the beta version on Patreon (and then on newgrounds).

We will be glad to hear your review to improve it and adjust some details in it!

gym.jpg

Reactions: DrackDrap

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Can somebody say me how I get these cgs from Ch. 6? 7 and the 2small

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
@The void club Will you be stringing the chapters together at some point instead of having them separated out like they are now? Or do our choices have no real impact on future chapters?

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes