• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
No he is not comparing his game to Skyrim but he is saying his game will be open world like Skyrim is.
You will not have to fallow the story and can just go out and meet NPC's develop relationship and just have fun and you can come back and do some of the story and then go out again and have fun.
I know he didn't. that's why I wrote "He didn't mean it that way".
The problem I have with with is the following: In Skyrim you can indeed just do what you want to do, because the game has a huge world and hundreds of hours of potential playtime. So if you don't want to follow the story, you can just explore the world, craft things, join a society, fight dragons, i could go on for hours. In "The Tyrant" you can do what exactly, have the same conversation with your Mom over and over?
The average monthly patreon update only adds like 15 minutes to a game, so I highly doubt the "only play want you want to" approach works with the patreon model of monthly releases.
However, it could also be that he just has a very fancy way of describing things and the game will just be like BB or Moth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I'm sorry but the dev's comment made me even more pessimistic about the future...Especially his last statement about NTR (As I said before, not seeing it doesn't mean it's not there, I'd rather see a fucked up scene than be on the dark about it happening). But maybe that's just me, I'll treat this like Dual Family and let it grow for a few months then I'll make a real judgement on whether it's worth playing or not. Until then thanks for sharing and have a good one!

Zero919

May 2, 2017
*You set in the game after 1 year away, many things are fucked up, some characters are acting weird and you have no idea what to do.*
Turns out this *gang* spent a year torturing a family ((sweet mother)has been raped or forced to have sex) and we only now can begin to get rid of them judging by the plot I understood correctly? if so then this is not for me... poor mom((

Reactions: Drafox

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I love his ambitions. I'm not sure if he'll be able to achieve such a thing but he's already one of the few devs who actually completed something so my hopes are bigger. As it was mentioned before Skyrim is a bit of exaggeration. He's clearly trying to create something like more open version BB before it was change into VN. I really admire that. i would prefer much slower story in that case but it might be actually better like that. I can't wait for new versions

Reactions: Kaparzo and Drafox

Zero919

May 2, 2017
I'm sorry but the dev's comment made me even more pessimistic about the future...Especially his last statement about NTR (As I said before, not seeing it doesn't mean it's not there, I'd rather see a fucked up scene than be on the dark about it happening). But maybe that's just me, I'll treat this like Dual Family and let it grow for a few months then I'll make a real judgement on whether it's worth playing or not. Until then thanks for sharing and have a good one!
that is, it will happen but we just would not see it? as in My Girlfriend's Amnesia

Reactions: Rituf and Drafox

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'm sure that's not the case. It was said before that mechanic for other males won't work if NTR is off. They won't be able to do anything. As for mom, knowing how complex My Legacy was when it comes to branches I bet basement doesn't mean she's fucking with anyone in NTR-free mode.

Reactions: ponyguy

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
just had a play through interesting concept and nice art will watch this one and look back in after a few more updates

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I'm sure that's not the case. It was said before that mechanic for other males won't work if NTR is off. They won't be able to do anything. As for mom, knowing how complex My Legacy was when it comes to branches I bet basement doesn't mean she's fucking with anyone in NTR-free mode.
Yeah I'm sure she's constantly meeting those machos down there at night to do Sunday prayers...The extra cleavage serves as a reminder that God is generous and graciously forgives sinners when they stare at it heck even when they fuck the shit out of it in front of the priest of a husband who can't stop himself from smiling everytime his wife gets blessed by the sinner's holy water. Ok I'm out for real this time enjoy the trip I'll be back sometime in the future but not anytime soon.

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Yeah I'm sure she's constantly meeting those machos down there at night to do Sunday prayers...The extra cleavage serves as a reminder that God is generous and graciously forgives sinners when they stare at it heck even when they fuck the shit out of it in front of the priest of a husband who can't stop himself from smiling everytime his wife gets blessed by the sinner's holy water. Ok I'm out for real this time enjoy the trip I'll be back sometime in the future but not anytime soon.
You're underestimating dev's imagination but I understand your point. Still I really doubt that's the case when NTR is off. At some point we'll be able to enter basement and it can't be anything NTR according to dev when it's off. I have no reason to doubt in him. But waiting for a couple of updates might be good ofc. 1 update had only 2 rooms, 2 update added whole house. In that regard technical growth of the game is pretty solid and in 2-3 updates it might be different.

Reactions: Drafox and ponyguy

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i give it another try...
can say definitly not my kind of game.

not that hard NTR is a problem (i dont have problem with NTR, even strong)... but that fact the dev should have turn the story differently and make the game a bit more smooth on the duration. its pretty fast'n'furious for now. i mean, beginning and BAM ! you already know that this happen to the family without any explications or else. its way too rude as introduction. would be better if he put that in a better slowly way, like if we didnt know what happen between these guys and mom etc...
yeah, i know the game is created to be that rude, but still, that litteraly kill the story logic and blow my mind in the same way.

have fun with it guys, if you like it, njoy it. sadly not my kind of game (even from this start i can already know that its not for me)

Reactions: Rituf and Darkaura

qwerty1187

Jun 8, 2017
I do not understand why is there any problem with genres he put in the game. Even if I am not fan of one of them i will play, because it is story he made. It is same thing when new movie comes out, you do not know what will happen till the end but you wanted to watch it and (maybe) payed for ticket.

Alex040677

Jun 4, 2017
I do not have a voice in town ... but do you do it? Do you have a save?

and then how do I get into the basement?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I do not understand why is there any problem with genres he put in the game. Even if I am not fan of one of them i will play, because it is story he made. It is same thing when new movie comes out, you do not know what will happen till the end but you wanted to watch it and (maybe) payed for ticket.
except here you obviously know what happen at the very beginning... and if you put the "normal" setting (hard NTR on) its not things gonna change alots on the whole game imho

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
I do not have a voice in town ... but do you do it? Do you have a save?
Not much content at the moment as it still very early in development you can play through in 15 -20 min, So no real point in worrying about saves at this point

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
i give it another try...
can say definitly not my kind of game.

not that hard NTR is a problem (i dont have problem with NTR, even strong)... but that fact the dev should have turn the story differently and make the game a bit more smooth on the duration. its pretty fast'n'furious for now. i mean, beginning and BAM ! you already know that this happen to the family without any explications or else. its way too rude as introduction. would be better if he put that in a better slowly way, like if we didnt know what happen between these guys and mom etc...
yeah, i know the game is created to be that rude, but still, that litteraly kill the story logic and blow my mind in the same way.
I understand fully it does hit the blocks very quickly with no backstory.for me personally i play a few slow burners like Dating my Daughter Dreaming of Dana and Dreams of Desire. so something like this i can play as a as it is a deviation from those.Its quick straight to the point some thing you can pick up and run with.but also appreciate it may not be every ones cup of tea

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Maybe you should turn of incest then instead of NTR if you Think he is to horny, dont see how the NTR should making any defference to hornyness but if you turn of incest i would hope he doesnt lust after family members and then there is really only one other female person
Dev confirmed that there will be much more female and male characters. It's Skyrim! When you turn incest off text is different and MC acts as a normal person. Even if you hug your mom there is no sexual context

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Dev confirmed that there will be much more female and male characters. It's Skyrim! When you turn incest off text is different and MC acts as a normal person. Even if you hug your mom there is no sexual context
Yeah, i messed up and didnt read properly, sorry to the guy i quoted

helion02

Aug 9, 2017
Considering his previous game, I think he'll be able to pull it off to a certain extent. I don't think he'll be 100% deliver what he promised, but He'll likely be able to give some semblance of his vision.

As for the NTR, feel free to not play the game, but (and this isn't directed at you per say) the last thing anyone should do is pressure him into getting rid of it. It's his game, and he should be allowed to pursue his vision unhindered. The anti-NTR brigade have turned what would have been pretty decent games (big brother, Dreams of Desire...etc), into generic incest games that are boring af, and only have good CG images going for them.

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Considering his previous game, I think he'll be able to pull it off to a certain extent. I don't think he'll be 100% deliver what he promised, but He'll likely be able to give some semblance of his vision.

As for the NTR, feel free to not play the game, but (and this isn't directed at you per say) the last thing anyone should do is pressure him into getting rid of it. It's his game, and he should be allowed to pursue his vision unhindered. The anti-NTR brigade have turned what would have been pretty decent games (big brother, Dreams of Desire...etc), into generic incest games that are boring af, and only have good CG images going for them.
I hate ntr but if it can be avoided i dont mind it in the game , i see it like a game over , if you do things wrong you get ntr

Hopefully he will not abandon love route for corruption :)

Reactions: TurtleKing9000
3.50 star(s) 119 Votes