HTML Completed The Allure of Wanton Cove [v1.15] [GateKeeper]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
This is just a quick little fix for those who want it. Apparently when I rebuilt Lady Anne's intro content, I forgot to include the ability to continue! This fix should resolve that problem for all three of her intro scene variants.

Instead of adding a new post for both builds of the game, I instead uploaded the new .91b html files to the .91a posts. All you should need to do is download the new html and drop it into your existing game folder where your current html file is. Double click and play!

For ease of access:

Link to .91a Patreon Build (And .91b upgrade):

Link to the .91a Public Build (And .91b upgrade):

This should be the last bug fix before the next major build of the game. I hope to release the next major build of the game some time between the 14-21st.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
clicked the download link and got defender warning.....think I may just heed it....false positive or not
Would it help if I uploaded it somewhere like MEGA, or even zip it instead of rar? I've been releasing builds of this game for about three years now, and every once in a while I'll hear about someone having troubles like this. Usually a different file sharing host, or a different bundling format will prevent the error.

Aug 16, 2017
Would it help if I uploaded it somewhere like MEGA, or even zip it instead of rar? I've been releasing builds of this game for about three years now, and every once in a while I'll hear about someone having troubles like this. Usually a different file sharing host, or a different bundling format will prevent the error.

tbh I have downloaded a ton of html games and only pandora 2 and some pizza thing work on edge and the rest just error and don't work. as with a warning popping up...if I bypass I'm taking a gamble with my computer and its still new and took nearly a year to save for, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase :D

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
tbh I have downloaded a ton of html games and only pandora 2 and some pizza thing work on edge and the rest just error and don't work. as with a warning popping up...if I bypass I'm taking a gamble with my computer and its still new and took nearly a year to save for, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase :D
Fair enough. The offer stands, if you ever change your mind, feel free to send me a message (Either by posting here, or through PM, as you see fit.) and I'll see what can be done to get you a copy your computer isn't scared of.

Pizza game? You mean "Fannuci's Amazing Pizza!"? That's a fun little game, and the author is a really awesome person. They actually did some early fan art for my upcoming game "Inheritance" that turned into concept art for the artists working on the game. Everything daviezwei touches is solid gold. A quick link for anyone wanting to see their work (Because its rude to talk about an incredibly talented game maker then not tell you how to find their work.):

Until then, enjoy your new computer!

nicktrocado

Mar 8, 2017
Inheritance:
Inheritance is my current baby. I've released a concept build to the public, and a version that allows you some exploration to Patreons. (Not part of a regular release schedule yet. I have a talented coder helping get a couple of final mechanical things in place, but their time to work on it is fairly limited so progress has been slow on that front) The story follows a young man who inherits an estate from his estranged great uncle with no warning. Once he arrives at the estate, he discovers a sprawling mansion, and two young ladies. The young ladies are sisters and were your great uncle's property. Its up to you how you want to treat them. Turn them into sex slaves? Befriend them? Romance them? Treat them like employees? Pit them against one another? Its all possible. The way you treat the girls will affect how they feel about you, and how they behave, over time. They can fall in love with you, become jealous if you become more affectionate towards their sister, can use one to coax the other into things they may not otherwise do, etc. Or you ban flog, berate, and generally mistreat them like your uncle once did. Depending on how you decide to play the game, it will come off playing like either a slave trainer game, a brothel management game, a whirlwind romance, or a harem style game.
Holly shit this ticked a lot of boxes for me! How far along is the game ?
I think i'm gonna pledge so i can try it out and keep an eye on the game

Reactions: GateKeeper

Jayjayj

Aug 15, 2017
Seem to be stuck on Day 7. I go to my room and theres no option to sleep and I've talked to everyone and gone everywhere but story doesn't advance. End of this version? or am i missing something?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Holly shit this ticked a lot of boxes for me! How far along is the game ?
I think i'm gonna pledge so i can try it out and keep an eye on the game
How far along? Right now, there's about 40k words of content in the game (Half of that being the intro, the rest being a split between ambient content and location descriptions. Probably got about another 15-25k words of content written for the game that hasn't been actually added to the game yet. I've been writing for the game a little bit at a time since December now. I have a guy helping out with the code, he takes a while to get things done at times, but he's REALLY good at what he does. Right now, I'm waiting on him to finish up the NPC mechanics (Which I'm under the impression is part way done.) so the game can enter a regular release schedule (Alternating releases between that and Wanton Cove).

As of right now, if the NPC stuff doesn't get coded in the next couple of weeks, I intend to start writing some more ambient content to go into the game as a way of presenting a bit more content while greyelf (My coder) finishes up the stat related mechanics.

Once the NPCs are functional, nearly all of the currently written content can go into the game and further mechanical elements (Pregnancy, raising animals, clothing, girl customization, etc) can be added at our leisure without being too inconvenient on the writing end of things.

Also, I hired three artists (For a percentage of Patreon earnings) about two weeks ago to work on the project who have been working together to define an art style that is both suitable to the project and is something that all three can work with together. They have come up with a delightful art style, and are now putting together a new title screen for the game which will be followed by them illustrating the game's intro (About one image per page.)

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Seem to be stuck on Day 7. I go to my room and theres no option to sleep and I've talked to everyone and gone everywhere but story doesn't advance. End of this version? or am i missing something?
Yes, Day 7 is the current end of the game. Hope that you have enjoyed what is there so far, I'm actually about half way done writing content for the next release with the hopes of having a new build up some time late next week.

nicktrocado

Mar 8, 2017
How far along? Right now, there's about 40k words of content in the game (Half of that being the intro, the rest being a split between ambient content and location descriptions. Probably got about another 15-25k words of content written for the game that hasn't been actually added to the game yet. I've been writing for the game a little bit at a time since December now. I have a guy helping out with the code, he takes a while to get things done at times, but he's REALLY good at what he does. Right now, I'm waiting on him to finish up the NPC mechanics (Which I'm under the impression is part way done.) so the game can enter a regular release schedule (Alternating releases between that and Wanton Cove).

As of right now, if the NPC stuff doesn't get coded in the next couple of weeks, I intend to start writing some more ambient content to go into the game as a way of presenting a bit more content while greyelf (My coder) finishes up the stat related mechanics.

Once the NPCs are functional, nearly all of the currently written content can go into the game and further mechanical elements (Pregnancy, raising animals, clothing, girl customization, etc) can be added at our leisure without being too inconvenient on the writing end of things.

Also, I hired three artists (For a percentage of Patreon earnings) about two weeks ago to work on the project who have been working together to define an art style that is both suitable to the project and is something that all three can work with together. They have come up with a delightful art style, and are now putting together a new title screen for the game which will be followed by them illustrating the game's intro (About one image per page.)

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.
The more you say the more i'm in love with this game hehe.
Seems like you have everything thought out, from coding, to writing and art.
I'll be definitely following your work :eazyHype:

Also: raising animals :heartcoveredeyes:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The more you say the more i'm in love with this game hehe.
Seems like you have everything thought out, from coding, to writing and art.
I'll be definitely following your work :eazyHype:

Also: raising animals :heartcoveredeyes:
Yeah, we've got a LOT of work into it already. Right now, the focus is on the mansion itself and Anna. As we flesh that out, we'll then start adding content for Eve and start adding the outside locations on the estate. Once the grounds are fleshed out, the next step will be to start adding the neighboring town, a local lake (Possibly related to a national park or similar) and so on.

The idea is to get one location well established, but not fully fleshed out before moving on to the next area. By doing that I hope to be able to add just a little bit of content to established locations as we go to help keep things fresh. ;)

As for the raising of animals: Once the mansion grounds are added, I want to add the ability to raise both horses and dogs. The pregnancy mechanic will be used for animals and the girls. (Actually got a book "What to expect when you're expecting" to make sure I can get all of the pregnancy stuff accurate.) I figure that selling animals can become an additional way to earn some money, raising them can create a wide range of additional content in the form of scenes related to raising and training the pups, or even add a bit of naughtyness for people who are into that kind of thing. I also want to include a greenhouse that allows for raising plants, either for food, or for the laboratory (There will be a transformation element in the game that will allow you to use potions to modify the girls as you see fit. I'll emphasize though that transformations, animal husbandry, pregnancy, etc will all be optional content.)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Cheats don't work as usual.
Cheats are only in the Patreon version (Pledge version) and unlock once you arrive in Wanton Cove. In the Patreon version, the Cheat menu should appear below the case notes in the sidebar.

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
I am very interested in horror games with erotic content. I just opened your Patreon page and didn't see any screenshots of the game after a bit of scrolling down the page. Can you post some or send me a link with some pictues, because I want to know what I am getting into playing?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I am very interested in horror games with erotic content. I just opened your Patreon page and didn't see any screenshots of the game after a bit of scrolling down the page. Can you post some or send me a link with some pictues, because I want to know what I am getting into playing?
The game is primarily text based, with only a small hand full of images in the game. As for a sample of what the art currently in the game looks like, here is the title image I had commissioned a few months back:

With the exception of the title image linked above, there are also about half a dozen other images, each associated with an ending for the game. All pieces have been commissioned through the same artist for consistency, and we are adding new art at a rate of about 2 images a month so far. The goal is to eventually have a single image associated with each major scene

Hope that helps.

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
The game is primarily text based, with only a small hand full of images in the game. As for a sample of what the art currently in the game looks like, here is the title image I had commissioned a few months back:

With the exception of the title image linked above, there are also about half a dozen other images, each associated with an ending for the game. All pieces have been commissioned through the same artist for consistency, and we are adding new art at a rate of about 2 images a month so far. The goal is to eventually have a single image associated with each major scene

Hope that helps.
It looks good and I will give it a try, the girl reminds me of Slender I guess that's the actual idea behind the design. Good luck with your project!:eazyHype:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
It looks good and I will give it a try, the girl reminds me of Slender I guess that's the actual idea behind the design. Good luck with your project!:eazyHype:
Ironically, I created the "Slenderwoman" type creature BEFORE I learned about Slenderman. I had actually created the creature, and started writing the story when a fan of the game pointed out the similarities (There are quite a few of them).

Hope that you enjoy the game!

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build of Wanton Cove is up. Hope that you guys enjoy!

/

Changelog .92

-Updated "Special Thanks" passage with new Patrons at appropriate levels. 9/9/17

-One of Tanya's sex scenes now has art. See, art that's not associated with an ending! More art will appear in upcoming releases.

-Rebuilt Lady Anne's intro and wrote three variants of the willing entry scene.

-Added new dialogue for Lady Anne.

-Added a new story driven scene that should play out on the 7th morning.

-Added new dialogue for Tanya after 7th morning scene.

-Added about 3k words of content to the game. At the same time, I sent through and streamlined a bit of content, trimming some redundant content from the game that probably cut us by about 1k words as well. This brings the game's total size up to around 273k words.

\

Patreon Build includes Cheat Menu:

Public Build of the game (Free Version):

Reactions: Eoin
4.60 star(s) 5 Votes