HTML Completed The Allure of Wanton Cove [v1.15] [GateKeeper]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Found this game after coming across the Steam page for the and I can say that I can't wait for its release. Definitely looks to be something to look forward to.
Wow! Fantastic, this game was one of my all time favorites, not many erotic lovecraftian horrors. A long time ago I suggested this, I think Gatekeeper told me he was considering something similar, that was years ago but he was still busy with his other titles.

Who knows maybe we'll see some new things too :BootyTime: I'll end up buying this 100%.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'll be making some official announcements concerning it soon, but yes, this is something that's been percolating in the background for quite a while now. The people doing the remake took the original, redid all the art, and smoothed a few of the rough edges. They've really done some amazing work.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: malcolmalbie

Darth Sidious

Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I'll be making some official announcements concerning it soon, but yes, this is something that's been percolating in the background for quite a while now. The people doing the remake took the original, redid all the art, and smoothed a few of the rough edges. They've really done some amazing work.
So you're not technically working on it any more?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So you're not technically working on it any more?
That game has been complete for a long while. This latest bit of news if a remake of the game. The story hasn't been changed (Beyond a few spelling and grammar errors perhaps) but it's been ported to a new system, rebuilt the user interface, and been completely reworked visually with some amazing art.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The Allure of Wanton Cove was my first serious venture into game making. A dark and broody tale of horror and corruption. It solidified my realization that people really did like my writing, and I quickly found my little project blessed with some of the most amazing fans I've ever had the privilege of meeting. There was a sense of pride in knowing I'd created (With the help of coders, testers, and good friends) something special, even as there was a sadness in seeing it come to an end. In it's aftermath, I moved on to other projects, but always in the back of my mind I remembered Wanton Cove, and to this day I still want to return to the setting to tell other tales.

But even as my efforts were focused elsewhere, others saw ways to breathe new life into this old game.

Quite a while back, a game dev reached out to me, someone who has searched the internet for games they thought were special, and have updated them into a format that is more suitable to a wider gaming audience.

Needless to say, after some discussion about expectations between the parties, I was completely on board.

They've spent the last year going over the game with a fine toothed comb, fixing bugs; both known and unknown, streamlining processes, rebuilding the UI, and completely redoing the art for Wanton Cove. Most recently, they managed to get the game through the Steam approval process as they work toward putting the final touches on the project.

With all of that said, I'd like to bring your attention to the Steam page, it would mean a lot if you take a look and wishlist the game if you're interested.

For those of you who never played the original. Download the original from the first post of this thread.

For those of you who HAVE played the original, . . . I so very much look forward to welcoming you back to Wanton Cove, . . . .

joose

Jan 21, 2018
Are they adding any art/story lines anything like that? Or is it all gonan be technical updates and such?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Are they adding any art/story lines anything like that? Or is it all gonan be technical updates and such?
The game has been ported to a new system, with improved UI, improved and streamlined where possible, fixed some bugs we didn't know where present before (Found as the game was ported over)m LOTS of new art, but the underlying story hasn't seen more than an occasional minor rewrite where something needed a little clarification or could be phrased better.

Darth Sidious

Donor
Sep 24, 2017
The game has been ported to a new system, with improved UI, improved and streamlined where possible, fixed some bugs we didn't know where present before (Found as the game was ported over)m LOTS of new art, but the underlying story hasn't seen more than an occasional minor rewrite where something needed a little clarification or could be phrased better.
Yes! There is a free demo on Steam, so far I love it! I'm an old fan and patron of the original Allure of Wanton Cove, it really does the original justice (y)

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes