HTML Completed The Allure of Wanton Cove [v1.15] [GateKeeper]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Updated OP to reflect .83 release.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting your other games yet @GateKeeper , been swamped with work.
No worries, am fielding a few PMs right now from around the web, then I'm going to take a moment to post Puppetmaster for the community. ;)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
No worries, am fielding a few PMs right now from around the web, then I'm going to take a moment to post Puppetmaster for the community. ;)
Aaaaaand, it seems I don't yet have sufficient privileges to post a game on my own yet. @Commando Feel free to post any of my projects you think would be a good fit here on this site, as your schedule permits. :cool:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Version .85 of Wanton Cove is live for anyone interested in giving it a play.

Public Version:

Patreon Version:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Found a bug in the game after posting this. Have updated the game with the fix if you follow the same links.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Since this site wont let me start a thread in this area yet, I wanted to share what I've been working on with all of you. This is the latest version of Inheritance for anyone who is interested.

Inheritance is a text based game where the protagonist inherits a mansion, along with two slave girls who have obviously been mistreated. Its up to you if you want to take your great uncle's place as their harsh master, or if you want to give them a better life.

The current public build includes about 20k words of content, including a full intro and the ability to explore the mansion the protagonist inherits. You can find the public version here:

The current Patreon version includes about 150 ambient events and a functioning wait function. You can find the Patreon version here:

The game has been in development for about seven months now. It does not currently have a release schedule on the grounds that we're still trying to finalize many of the mechanical aspects of the game, however the last couple of test builds have come out about 6 weeks apart. If you're concerned about the game not being in a regular release schedule yet, then I encourage you to try the free public version and simply follow my Patreon rather than pledge until you are ready to do so. However if you have it in your heart to pledge, the game The Allure of Wanton Cove is in a regular release schedule at this time, and you can check out the Patreon page to see that not only have I been active for several months, but that I both regularly post progress for the fans of my project, and release regular builds of my projects.

Thank you for taking the time to check out this post, and I hope you both take the time to check out the game and that you enjoy it.

Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Update for anyone interested:

The Allure of Wanton Cove is a text based game set within the Cthulhu Mythos. This game includes both graphic violence and erotic elements. This update adds about 11k words of new content ringing the game's total size up to about 229k words. There is some art work in the game, however the game's overall size is less than 5mb, so it should only take a few seconds to download if you're interested in giving the game a try.

Hope you all enjoy the game!

Public Version:

(Public Version includes all of the same story content as the Patreon version. Not pledging does NOT deny you any of the in-game content.)

Patreon Version:

(Patreon Version is the same as the Public Version with one exception. It includes a cheat menu which allows you to adjust character stats, add money, and some other similar features.)

subkinkgurl

Jul 12, 2017
So, here I was looking at my Patreon page and checking out where all the traffic has been coming from, and low and behold, this site comes up! Needless to say, I was a little surprised (In a good way) and decided I had better sign up and take a look around.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi to all of you. Hope you are all enjoying the game! I'd love to hear your initial thoughts.

The next build of the game has entered the testing phase with the intent of a release some time between the 9th and 12th.

Thank you for the kind words! And thank you for posting the game over here.
I love the game so addicted to it can't wait for new stuff.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I love the game so addicted to it can't wait for new stuff.
I'm overjoyed to hear that you like the game so much (Its a good addiction right? No major therapy or rehab in your future?). Nothing pleases an author more than knowing people enjoy their work. :extremelyhappy:

Actually spent about six hours working on this earlier today. Wrote about 4k words of new content and did quite a bit of mechanical work as well. Very happy with today's progress. Tomorrow, I'll be spending some more time working on the game and hopefully have a test build ready for those who help with testing by the weekend. The goal right now is to have a new build up towards the last half of next week.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Got a new build for all of you to enjoy. The build ties up a lot of the loose ends related to some of the features in the game. Several new ambient scenes, one story driven scene, and the ground work for some future content. My hope is to finish up the remainder of the Day 6 content with the next update.

At a text based game, the file size is only about 4mb, and includes a small number of images that appear in the game.

Changelog .87

-Updated "People" case notes.

-Updated "Current Tasks" in case notes.

-New scene in the lower area of the Church.

-New location added to the game.

-Rewrote the 4th book entry to reflect "Madness."

-Updated Azumi to account for "Madness."

-Updated Nadia to account for "Madness."

-Updated Ms Sherwood to account for "Madness."

-Twelve new ambient scenes on the main street running through town. (Actually, two scenes, but twelve major variants between them.) Some of these are dependent on day, and others are affected by Taint, Madness, or even Depravity.

-Partial rebuild of the waterfront body scene.

-Worked through a pile of minor rewrites, spelling fixes, and grammar issues.

-Once you have met the town drunk, he will then appear in The Barmaid's Daughter. Several small scenes have been written for him. More content will be added to him in the future.

-New cheat options: Remove Cherry, +/-5 Depravity. (Patreon Only)

-Added about 5k words of content to the game, taking the total up to about 234k.

\

Patreon Build ($1 Pledge gets you a cheat menu in-game):

Public Build (Free, includes all content that appears in the Patreon build of the game):

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Multiple bugs were reported after yesterday's release. They were related to the Tavern and the Church. Both sets of bugs seem to be fixed now.

If you see anything further, please let me know!

Public:

Patreon:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Ok, got another fix for all of you. This one includes a fix for an error that was appearing in the "People" area of the Case Notes, as well as an error that was causing the new Town Drunk NPC's scenes to not display properly.

If anyone sees any additional problems, be they game breaking bugs, to minor spelling errors, or anything in between, please report them! After all, its hard to fix problems you dont know about.

Enjoy the new build!

Patreon Build:

Public Build:

Reactions: subkinkgurl

MordinSolus

Sep 25, 2016
I just started playing this. Damn the writing is good. Really high quality stuff I'm used to only seeing from the best AIF authors.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Very high praise indeed! Thank you very much! I'm glad you're enjoying The Allure of Wanton Cove so far.

subkinkgurl

Jul 12, 2017
Ok, got another fix for all of you. This one includes a fix for an error that was appearing in the "People" area of the Case Notes, as well as an error that was causing the new Town Drunk NPC's scenes to not display properly.

If anyone sees any additional problems, be they game breaking bugs, to minor spelling errors, or anything in between, please report them! After all, its hard to fix problems you dont know about.

Enjoy the new build!

Patreon Build:

Public Build:
Great thanks so hooked on game love it

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Great thanks so hooked on game love it
Want something to be excited about? I'm making a final play test right now for the next build of the game and unless something unexpected crops up, I'll be making a new release in a few hours! I'll be sure to post here when its live.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Version .89 is live. Enjoy!

Patreon Build:

Public Build:

Reactions: n0b0dy
4.60 star(s) 5 Votes