Mod Abandoned Superpowered - DarkPhilosopher's Corner (Get Lucky here!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
report 2

*sigh.... found out, that I can most variable change inside the script.rpy... but if I ADD something (for example lines for all missing influences then I get the error "tab lines are not allowed" during recompilation...

if I only change the existing lines with new settings (money, abilities, powers) all went fine... even building whole new contributions

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
@DarkPhilosopher during my trials with renpy I found an error in a file, I have not touched.... my guessing is, that it has to do with "iddqp"... here is the error-log....

game/func_action_processing.rpy:255 'time_menu =+ False' could not be compiled as a python expression, in a condition of the if statement.

game/combat/func_combat_action_descr.rpy:164 The call is to nonexistent label 'shared_combat_function_dirty'.

please check, if this is from your mod

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Wow, you're really racking up the posts there. Let me see if I remember everything I just read.

First, no need to use Ren'Py or recompile, you can just use the -SRC version of the mod instead of the scripts.rpa and edit the rpy-files at will using your favorite editor.

Second, most editors (Notepad++ for example) will always replace the space-indents with a tab-indent. This is the start of my modded script.rpy:
Code:
init -2:
    $ cheat_mode_present = True
    $ cheat_mode = False
    $ get_lucky = 0
    $ iddqd = False
    $ time_menu = False
The indent (white space) before the $-signs are 4 spaces, not 1 tab. But if you're in Notepad++ and you press enter, it will start the new line with a tab. Then you get the error about tab-lines. Just do a backspace, then 4 spaces and you can add new values.

Third, about the =+ issue, good catch. That has been in the mod since before I took over, methinks. And it would seem to be wrong indeed, the correct operator would be +=, but neither makes sense on a Boolean (True/False) and in an if-statement. Maybe it's a Ren'Py thing, I'll look into it. At a quick glance, I believe it should be '=='.

Finally, the "shared_combat_function_dirty" is a bug in the game it would seem, that function doesn't appear to exist. There is a "shared_combat_function_dirty_tricks" though. Something @Baal7734 should have a look at.

Phew, I think that's it!

Good luck with the Android version. If you manage it, there will be a lot of happy people.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
downloaded renpy (newest official version), since unren has no function to compile
A further note on this, a Renpy game compiles all the .rpy (and .py) files every time you start it up. That's what all the .rpc files are in your directory.

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
compiling with renpy.... I changed the menu (color, text etc)... deleted the script.rpa... edited the script.rpy... did a new compilation and 98 percent worked like a charm... the not working part is the image-dir with the SLDR-directory... which won't be compiled and is needed to start... after copying this dir into the generated modded-version all is flawless...

works within linux without changes (just open with wine), no differences, maybe a little slower to play

android is a mess... even with an installed java-sdk 32bit there is no recognation inside renpy, that the needed files are there... so nothing is going on (if there were failures I could see, what went wrong... but since nothing starts I have no clue at all, what to do)... I am no programmer, just have no fear to experiment with code...

and @T.Geiger you are right.. it seems that the .rpy-file is the way to do personal additions/modding... I even deleted all the files without the script.rpa... just to see what @DarkPhilosopher had done and why his file was so big... that helped a lot to understand the underlying mechanics of renpy... and having a personal-modded version with startsettings to my liking each time I start a new game (stats, powers, influences and so on) I can now hunt the quests for additions...

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
@DarkPhilosopher about Familial Ties and Wild Oats... maybe you can use both at the same time if your cheat sets mom/sis as "related = False" (variables are in the char.rpy) and then use dominate and reprogram for "wild oats" ?

don't know, if this would be permanent inside the game, if I try to use mindpowers to gain a permanent obsessive/nymphomaniac-behaviour it seems to be only temporary

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
In this case, I don't want to actually cheat, just enhance. To ensure all game-elements work the way they are supposed to, I want to set both Wild Oats and Familial Ties as True and let the game set the other variables as they should. I just wish I had more time for it.

As for the magnet, I'm glad it makes it easier for people to get the game and avoid issues while installing the mod. However, since I can't know if it was installed correctly, I can't provide the best support.

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
there seems to be a logical solution for it (but since I am no programmer I have no tools do to it)... but I this it what I am thinking about

familial ties and wild oats are in a loop... like... if familial is true.. return flag/number x jump to proceed familial.... if its false look further... if wild oath is true... return flag/number y jump to proceed wild oath

so you have to look for both proceeding pathes... copy both of them to a new path (a combinied one)... and put your cheat question before all others.. like... if familial and wild oath are true... jump to proceed new path....

after this return to the game.... thus all benefits of both choices would be given to the player... after that (if the game tries to revert the changes (maybe in growing willpower or other variables.... they should be locked each night again... )... there is one exception, though... a mindpower resetting the char should undo the cheats for wild oath and familial, too

hope, this is understandable and helps... have fun in modding

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
Do they bother you? They show because Developer Mode is active. I suppose I could stop them from showing, but they never bothered me. It's just one click, unless you're loading old savegames. And since the mod makes it so you don't have to reload all the time...

mes

Jan 6, 2018
Do they bother you? They show because Developer Mode is active. I suppose I could stop them from showing, but they never bothered me. It's just one click, unless you're loading old savegames. And since the mod makes it so you don't have to reload all the time...
If it was Not annoying then why i ask?:closedeyesmile:

problem is i dont like cheat but i always use save/load abusing:eek:penedeyewink:
and i just use your get lucky mod..its Nice.thanks:firstimekiss:

Maverick43

Dec 29, 2017
Please, where is the "script_version.txt" ?
I don't find it in any archive? by example not in the 72508_SLDR-0.21.03-GETLUCKY.zip

TIA

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@mes : I'll turn it off in the next version by setting show_debug_messages to False.

@Maverick43 : I only include what is in the hotfix file. If there is no script_version.txt in the original hotfix, it isn't in the mod. There was one in the 0.20.x hotfixes, but not in the 0.21.x hotfixes. Honestly, I have no idea what it is used for anyway...

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
hm I followed the instructions and pasted the contents in my game folder of my clean 21.00 install using the 21.00 zip now, whenever I open the game, it does not load, screen goes black and I usually have to end up closing the game when it stops responding. any solves here?

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
hm I followed the instructions and pasted the contents in my game folder of my clean 21.00 install using the 21.00 zip now, whenever I open the game, it does not load, screen goes black and I usually have to end up closing the game when it stops responding. any solves here?
if you have the downloaded files, I suggest to do a fresh install... and the zip-file has to be extracted into the following directory... game-dir\game.... not the basic-directory of the game... then all should be o.k.

and you should use the 21.03 zip-file

coolboy88

Jan 2, 2018
Should i unzip all the files in the or only the .rpa files? The latest update contains folders and .rpa files. Do i have to extract all of them to the game folder?

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
I have had these questions, before, too... but @DarkPhilosopher did a great work, explaining installing, the difference and the use of both filse (the zip and the SRC-zip)... if you want to play the game it is only the zip file needed, since the script.rpa contains all changes and the game will use them "on the fly" during gametime...

if you want to do some personal changes inside the scripts, too, then you need some basic knowledge how to read and edit .rpy-files and (but this is the ultimate step, not needed to play a personal modded game, only the icing of the cake) some basic knowledge to use renpy for yourself to recompile the change scripts and have a cleaner game structure (without the .ry, .rpy-files)...

so I suggest to start with the 21.03.zip to see if it is, what you need... if you want to learn and to mod for yourself, you need the 21.03-SRC-zip

all of this above, if you have a basic 21.0-version installed (links are in the main-thread for it)... this version and the fix here is very stable, not seen any bugs/missed triggers in them as many mentioned in the basic thread... just don't cheat to the max on the beginnings... that common-sense in all games... step by step... look, what the original author has intended, what game-mechanics will give you process... and after that use cheats to lesson the grinding, but not the fun

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes