Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

ironlancer

Sep 3, 2017
with Lain Mod for me it works ... I first install the *Naughty mod* and then the latest *Lain mod* and I have no script error for the moment

i start a new game ...

I also test with the save provided in Lain's mod and it also works :)

Reactions: cancrone

cancrone

Jul 18, 2017
with Lain Mod for me it works ... I first install the *Naughty mod* and then the latest *Lain mod* and I have no script error for the moment

i start a new game ...

I also test with the save provided in Lain's mod and it also works :)
Ah ok thanks. I'm gonna try this way then, I usually do the opposite Lain first and Naughty second.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Ah ok thanks. I'm gonna try this way then, I usually do the opposite Lain first and Naughty second.
Without a merge, you will loose all the naughty mod stuff in that conflicting file, if you overwrite it with Lains mod afterwards.

adultUser

Oct 11, 2017
getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
  File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/main.rpy", line 1, in prepare_screen
    screen main_menu() tag menu:
  File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/main.rpy", line 1, in prepare
  File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/main.rpy", line 8, in prepare
    use fancy_menu():
    use fancy_menu():
Exception: A screen named core_menu does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 458, in main
    renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 905, in report_duplicate_labels
    if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2664, in report_parse_errors
    renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 185, in report_parse_errors
    error_fn=error_fn,
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\game.py", line 279, in invoke_in_new_context
    return callable(*args, **kwargs)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 43, in call_exception_screen
    return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2818, in interact_core
    renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 903, in prepare_screens
    s.ast.prepare_screen()
  File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/main.rpy", line 1, in prepare_screen
    use fancy_menu():
    use fancy_menu():
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\sl2\slast.py", line 1622, in prepare
    raise Exception("A screen named {} does not exist.".format(self.target))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.18.2
Thu Jun 06 09:46:39 2019

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
    use fancy_menu():
    use fancy_menu():

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 458, in main
    renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 905, in report_duplicate_labels
    if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2664, in report_parse_errors
    renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 185, in report_parse_errors
    error_fn=error_fn,
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\game.py", line 279, in invoke_in_new_context
    return callable(*args, **kwargs)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 43, in call_exception_screen
    return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2818, in interact_core
    renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 903, in prepare_screens
    s.ast.prepare_screen()
    use fancy_menu():
    use fancy_menu():
  File "M:\arch\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\sl2\slast.py", line 1622, in prepare
    raise Exception("A screen named {} does not exist.".format(self.target))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.18.2
Thu Jun 06 09:46:39 2019
Well I would guess you are using version 0.18.2 of the game, with version 0.18.6 of the mod. How should that work?

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
^My question also for author, will you improve latest jenny scenes(from 0.18 and 0.18.5)?

ironlancer

Sep 3, 2017
sorry I did not know it was erases things off the mod naugthy ^^

try with the file bedroom.rpy by * gnadudu * page 4 - post #61

I test with the mod lain first and then the mod naughty then change the file bedroom.rpy and it works I do not have a script error

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

version 0.18.6-1.1 with latest Jenny scenes overhaul (bed, pool, table) is now ready for download.

Have fun!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Thanks man, I would really approciate it. The file conflicting is this one
sorry I did not know it was erases things off the mod naugthy ^^

try with the file bedroom.rpy by * gnadudu * page 4 - post #61

I test with the mod lain first and then the mod naughty then change the file bedroom.rpy and it works I do not have a script error
OK I looked into it. If that is the only conflicting file, you can safely overwrite it with Lain's file. There is nothing special in it content wise. I only modified it so that in the morning after MC wakes up, skipping will be interrupted so that no important messages are missed.

Reason: sometimes MC thinks about this and that will be happening today, and if you are skipping the dress-up sequence without care, you will miss them. You will lose that safety net when overwriting the file, but nothing else.

Reactions: ironlancer

Filipe86

Nov 4, 2016
Hi folks,

version 0.18.6-1.1 with latest Jenny scenes overhaul (bed, pool, table) is now ready for download.

Have fun!
First of all, thank you for the mod, and congratulations. It is awesome!

I am currently using 0.18.6-1.0. Can I just apply the new version, overwriting the files if prompted, or I have to install it to the game without the mod?

Also, do I have to start a new save?

Thanks in advanse

minombrehota

Jul 4, 2017
It keeps telling me that the game version is incorrect. I'm downloading the version that's listed on the main game page...

Dec 15, 2017
Hello all! So, after some messing around with this, I finally figured it out how to make the game start with both mods showing up. I won't be able to really play tonight, so we will see if any conflicts arise. For those who are novice with this stuff, like me, here is what I did.

First, I installed the Naughty mod first by extracting it straight into the game folder.

Then, I installed Lain's mod and extracted that into the main Summertime Saga folder, thus replacing the original game folder with the one provided in Lain's mod. When asked to replace an already existing file in the destination, I hit yes. Not yes to all, just yes. This may or may not make a difference on which one you hit, I am just repeating the steps I did to get the game to work on my end.

Next, I went to page 4 on this thread and downloaded gnadudu's bedroom.rpy file. This file is main culprit in causing errors to pop up. When this file is downloaded, it will show up as 311059_bedroom.rpy, at least it did on my computer. Rename the file as just straight bedroom.rpy. For some reason, when I had it as it originally showed up, it gave me errors. So renaming it as bedroom.rpy worked for me.

Then I followed the path to where the original bedroom.rpy was at from Lain's mod. That path is "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy". If you don't know how to type in a path name, then just manually click through until you get to it by first going into the game folder, then clicking the scripts folder, then the locations folder, the home folder from there, entrance, hallway, and finally bedroom where you will see the bedroom.rpy file.

The final step I did was cut/paste gnadudu's renamed bedroom.rpy file into the bedroom folder, and then I clicked replace file in the destination. Then I went back and fired up the game and it worked. Hopefully, this works for anyone else having any issues. Alright take care everyone!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello all! So, after some messing around with this, I finally figured it out how to make the game start with both mods showing up. I won't be able to really play tonight, so we will see if any conflicts arise. For those who are novice with this stuff, like me, here is what I did.

First, I installed the Naughty mod first by extracting it straight into the game folder.

Then, I installed Lain's mod and extracted that into the main Summertime Saga folder, thus replacing the original game folder with the one provided in Lain's mod. When asked to replace an already existing file in the destination, I hit yes. Not yes to all, just yes. This may or may not make a difference on which one you hit, I am just repeating the steps I did to get the game to work on my end.

Next, I went to page 4 on this thread and downloaded gnadudu's bedroom.rpy file. This file is main culprit in causing errors to pop up. When this file is downloaded, it will show up as 311059_bedroom.rpy, at least it did on my computer. Rename the file as just straight bedroom.rpy. For some reason, when I had it as it originally showed up, it gave me errors. So renaming it as bedroom.rpy worked for me.

Then I followed the path to where the original bedroom.rpy was at from Lain's mod. That path is "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy". If you don't know how to type in a path name, then just manually click through until you get to it by first going into the game folder, then clicking the scripts folder, then the locations folder, the home folder from there, entrance, hallway, and finally bedroom where you will see the bedroom.rpy file.

The final step I did was cut/paste gnadudu's renamed bedroom.rpy file into the bedroom folder, and then I clicked replace file in the destination. Then I went back and fired up the game and it worked. Hopefully, this works for anyone else having any issues. Alright take care everyone!
Yes this should work (thanks for the deep analysis). But you could also first install Naughty and then Lains mod, overwriting the one conflicting file. You will not lose much.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
First of all, thank you for the mod, and congratulations. It is awesome!

I am currently using 0.18.6-1.0. Can I just apply the new version, overwriting the files if prompted, or I have to install it to the game without the mod?

Also, do I have to start a new save?

Thanks in advanse
It should work with simply overwriting the files, but clean install will be, well, cleaner. Old saves should work.

Reactions: Filipe86

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It keeps telling me that the game version is incorrect. I'm downloading the version that's listed on the main game page...
Are you sure you have installed version 0.18.6 of the original game? The current version of the mod will only work with that. I also provided older mod versions if you do not want to upgrade the original game.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes