Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Does this work with android? If not any plans to make it compatable in the future?
Yeah, they should all work for Android. You just have to go to the game apk in your phone's internal storage and put the mods inside of the game apk.

arsface

Jul 11, 2017
Yeah, they should all work for Android. You just have to go to the game apk in your phone's internal storage and put the mods inside of the game apk.
Do you mean open the apk file as a zip file and add to it?
If that's what you mean can you tell me which folder to place the mods in?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Do you have a summertime saga game folder in your androids internal storage?

arsface

Jul 11, 2017
Do you have a summertime saga game folder in your androids internal storage?
Yep, an empty one in 'internal storage' where I place rpa files for mods. And one in 'internal storage-> android-> data'.
This mod is a different kind. I don't know where to place the 'game' folder.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Yep, an empty one in 'internal storage' where I place rpa files for mods. And one in 'internal storage-> android-> data'.
This mod is a different kind. I don't know where to place the 'game' folder.
Hmm OK so you've used summertime saga mods before and you normally just place the rpa files in the folder in your internal storage? Have you tried maybe just moving the files&folders inside the mods game folder to that folder? Maybe??
Sorry I'm not really sure I don't use Android.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I think so, but I don't have an Android so I'm not really sure. Do you have a folder called "game" somewhere in the apk or your internal storage? It should have most of these files in it.
lain.png

arsface

Jul 11, 2017
Hmm OK so you've used summertime saga mods before and you normally just place the rpa files in the folder in your internal storage? Have you tried maybe just moving the files&folders inside the mods game folder to that folder? Maybe??
I tried both with no luck.

arsface

Jul 11, 2017
Also I'm not sure if copying the folders to the apk and reinstalling would work. I don't have experience in this area.

cvedant95

Natural Born Pervert
Donor
Jun 19, 2018
Does this work with android? If not any plans to make it compatable in the future?
Hm, I'll figure it out for you soon and @ you when I do.

Ok.
I at least figured out how to get walk-through mod working.

You have to copy the content inside the game folder of the zip file to Internal Storage/summertimesaga. (don't copy the game folder itself.)

couldn't get the FAN DLC mod working and haven't tried attractive characters mods yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Launch game once before coping the mod content.

cvedant95

Natural Born Pervert
Donor
Jun 19, 2018
That fan sign is awesome.

• Hey there
Reactions: rKnight and Hones

arsface

Jul 11, 2017
Ok.
I at least figured out how to get walk-through mod working.

You have to copy the content inside the game folder of the zip file to Internal Storage/summertimesaga. (don't copy the game folder itself.)

couldn't get the FAN DLC mod working and haven't tried attractive characters mods yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Launch game once before coping the mod content.
Just tried this and it works.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@cvedant95 @arsface
So I went out and bought an android to see if I could get the mod pack to work on android. I was testing it and tried what you did and putting scripts into the "InternalStorage/summertimesaga" folder will work with the game, but adding new images to the folder doesn't make them appear in-game.

The Attractive Characters mod is only images and none of them will appear in game instead of the old images, and none of the new images from the Fan DLC mod will appear in game either.
I noticed that the folders and files for the game on Android all start with "x-" so I tried putting folders/images with and without the "x-" in the name and that didn't work either.
Also adding the files/images to the "sdcard/Android/summer.time.saga" folder doesn't work either.

So I'm a little stumped at the moment. =P
I'll keep trying though.

arsface

Jul 11, 2017
@cvedant95 @arsface
So I went out and bought an android to see if I could get the mod pack to work on android. I was testing it and tried what you did and putting scripts into the "InternalStorage/summertimesaga" folder will work with the game, but adding new images to the folder doesn't make them appear in-game.

The Attractive Characters mod is only images and none of them will appear in game instead of the old images, and none of the new scene images from the Fan DLC mod will appear in game either.
I noticed that the folders and files for the game on Android all start with "x-" so I tried putting folders/images with and without the "x-" in the name and that didn't work either.
Also adding the files/images to the location where the "sdcard/Android/summer.time.saga" folder doesn't work either.

So I'm a little stumped at the moment. =P
I'll keep trying though.
Bro you already put lots of efforts into the mods and into helping us. Thank you dude.

@cvedant95 figured out the script thing. Maybe for the face mod find where the original pictures are in the apk and replace them with the new ones?

Tweaker69

Aug 12, 2016
@Maim Lain

Again, congratulations. You have the patience of a Saint. Some people will never understand what it takes to create something of value, so they resent anyone that can and does. The reason none of your supporters has leaked your mod here is at least partially because they believe your project deserves to be rewarded. Keep up the great work! Don't let the whining masses get you down nor spur you to drop yourself to their level. Anyone with open eyes will see your detractors' "posts" for what they really are, and your patience will not be in vain. Cheers!

Reactions: Maid Lain
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes