Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
DoD is pretty good, I'm really surprised you haven't played it. If you're going to do Alice's route though, if you decide to do her corrupt route you could also use this which isn't as verbose and doesn't have spoilers:
oh and i really recommend the bugfix mod that's linked in that walkthrough, it improves the writing by a lot.
Thanks Lain, I'll defiantly use the bugfix, I'm not sure about doing a corrupt route though, I always tend towards "nice guy" when given the choice but maybe I'll check it out and see.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
i didnt go the corruption route when i did the alice route i think if i did that i wouldve gotten screwed over but maybe there is a different type of ending that a mod created
Tracy's bad end always happens if you do the Corruption ending, so you can't get the Corruption ending without screwing Tracy over sadly lol.

If you're doing Alice's love route the best ending is the Alice Good Ending, which means you have to avoid the Mom's good ending.
If you're doing Alice's corrupt route the best ending is the Corruption Ending, which also causes Tracy's bad end to happen.

It's all a bit complicated lol.

Thanks Lain, I'll defiantly use the bugfix, I'm not sure about doing a corrupt route though, I always tend towards "nice guy" when given the choice but maybe I'll check it out and see.
It's probably best to stick with her love route then unless you want to try something new.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

Pakii

Aug 10, 2017
When i put it into game folder it crashes says that variable of every charachter is declared twice any fix?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
When i put it into game folder it crashes says that variable of every charachter is declared twice any fix?
Are you using any other mods or ...??
I just downloaded the mod to test it for you on a fresh install of summertime saga and it loads fine without any errors
Maybe try starting a new game and see if it's a save compatibility issue.
See if that helps or wait Maybe Lain can give you better help.
@Maim Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Are you using it with ikuras mod? His mod sometimes does that. Try starting the game again a couple times and see if the error goes away.

Zkorey

Feb 28, 2018
i have to start a new game? because lains mod doesn't work when i load a save and the game crashes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Dec. 11th - Updated mod pack to v3.0

v3.0 Changelog:
- Updated the Fan DLC mod with a huge new quest! (130 images + animation!)
- Added Grace to the Attractive Characters mod
- Improved the cheat menu
- Added Miss Ross to the Walkthrough mod (The rest of Ms. Dewitt's and Debbie's walkthroughs will be added in a few days)

Reactions: Graybo

cvedant95

Natural Born Pervert
Donor
Jun 19, 2018
Wow! The new v3 MOD is big.
10 times the v2 in size.
I hope its good.

Edit: One question, How is this thing allowed on patreon? isn't incest banned there?

Reactions: rKnight

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
yeah but i'm not using android.
99% chance you installed it wrong, read the install instructions again.

Wow! The new v3 MOD is big. 10 times the v2 in size.

isn't incest banned there?
I know right lol, it's a lot larger because of all the images from the new quest since it's animated.

And tons of people put incest games on Patreon. Patreon doesn't really care as long developers hide it and it isn't too obvious. For example, Dreams of Desire and Four Elements Trainer are in the top 10 highest earning adult games on patreon and they both have incest.

Jul 6, 2017
i have problem when go to man locker room
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 86, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpy", line 199, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/first_floor/left_hallway/boy_s_lockerroom/boy_s_lockerroom.rpy", line 45, in script
    if lain_mod_on and lain_seen_T1 == False:
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/first_floor/left_hallway/boy_s_lockerroom/boy_s_lockerroom.rpy", line 45, in <module>
NameError: name 'lain_seen_T1' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 86, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 72, in script call
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpy", line 199, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locations/school/first_floor/left_hallway/left_hallway.rpyc", line 46, in script call
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/first_floor/left_hallway/boy_s_lockerroom/boy_s_lockerroom.rpy", line 45, in script
  File "E:\My Vault\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\My Vault\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\My Vault\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-17-1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/first_floor/left_hallway/boy_s_lockerroom/boy_s_lockerroom.rpy", line 45, in <module>
NameError: name 'lain_seen_T1' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.17.1
Thu Dec 13 04:07:47 2018

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
i have problem when go to man locker room
You're missing the "\game\scripts\locations\treehouse\treehouse.rpy" file for some reason. Try installing the mod again.
Actually I realized it's because you're using the old version of the walkthrough mod and it's overwriting files from the Fan DLC Scenes mod.

dman1992

Donor
Aug 22, 2016
Dec. 11th - Updated mod pack to v3.0

v3.0 Changelog:
- Updated the Fan DLC mod with a huge new quest! (130 images + animation!)
- Added Grace to the Attractive Characters mod
- Improved the cheat menu
- Added Miss Ross to the Walkthrough mod (The rest of Ms. Dewitt's and Debbie's walkthroughs will be added in a few days)
can someone get the new release and share it:love:

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes