Fury945

Mar 5, 2018
Pity Emily Hale's portrait was changed, I preferred her old one, does there happen to be a mod to restore it?

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Pity Emily Hale's portrait was changed, I preferred her old one, does there happen to be a mod to restore it?
You don't need a mod to restore those images. Even though all the images for the bodies and the heads are in a different folder and have to be downloaded seperately the files for the unique characters are downloaded with the game itself.

All you need to do is:

- Go to your game folder.
- In the game folder go to the folder (Files)
- In that folder, go to the folder (Images)
- There you find the files for the images by name. Go to emily's folder.
- There you find the files for her images. Just for safety put her new files ( the ones without old in front of the name) in another folder outside of the game.
- Now you can remove the word old from the rest of the files and the game should display the old images.

Fury945

Mar 5, 2018
this is where I say 'Doh because I never even thought to check the images folder to see if it had been a straight up replace or not, Thanks for the quick reply and solution

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
this is where I say 'Doh because I never even thought to check the images folder to see if it had been a straight up replace or not, Thanks for the quick reply and solution
No problem, happy to help. I had to find this out by trying it myself. But i don't know if this was discussed earlier in this forum.

DaoistNipple

Sep 20, 2018
Hey, newbie question here. So, I got really into play games with cheats and now I can't play without them. I tried using Cheat Engine 6.8.1 to alter money but to no avail. Has anyone tried doing that with the same results? What can I do?

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
The cheat code in the OP still works for me (5.19d, Win-64).

You can also try to edit your save. All data you can cheat with cheat code can be edited in save, but a bit messier. Just be careful. Save your game in 2 slots.

Feb 17, 2017
Hello Nipple and welcome to the forum.
The reason of that you couldn't easily find desired values with CheatEngine is because creators of Godot (engine this game is build with) are somewhat followers of the Dao. They go with the flow so to say.
Their school(which take its root in the school of the large snake) laid a path for creators to achieve desired without understanding the inner workings of things. Which is a great achievement. Until you actually try to peek "under the hood". An when you do, you understand that you don't understand anything. Which is kinda familiar and erroneous, considering how real world tends to work.
So, Godot inner memory workings sometimes can be seen as a blank space with big "Here be dragons" sing on it. Deal with it.
tldr moneys are in Double. most of values actually are, but some are 4 bytes, some are even 1. Think I saw 8 once, but I just probably was drunk then.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Hey, newbie question here. So, I got really into play games with cheats and now I can't play without them. I tried using Cheat Engine 6.8.1 to alter money but to no avail. Has anyone tried doing that with the same results? What can I do?
Edit the save file or edit the variable.gd-file to earn more from bandits/rewards.

Hecatoncheyr

Jul 22, 2017
Looks like the dev plans on abandoning this game, for a new game (unrelated) and a Strive spin-off/sequel (likely years away).

From the Patreon:

It's been over 2 years since I've started the game. This is probably came bit too late, but it's about a time to move on. In this post I'm gonna to go over the process, and many reasons we have to adopt a new ways.
Why I'm slowing down on Strive

There's 3 core issues which make me very troubled when focusing on new content, and I'm gonna go through it to make myself clearly understood and show that I acknowledge my own mistakes.

1. Base code. As some of you might remember me not having any coding skills when I started to work on strive. Despite that I managed to assemble a fairly working game. However, at this point I know more and many parts just too ugly and heavy to work with. I obviously could rework and refactor all of it, given enough time, and I probably would, if not for other two things, which make me think its just not worth it.

2. Old art. Some probably have noticed, that our old artist has left the project a few months ago. Thankfully, by that time most of stuff I wanted done, has been done, so occassional art shift is not too glaring. However, it makes quite difficult to introduce new content while trying to keep with the original art style. Obviously, I have no will to redo everything at this point. It also is partly my fault for not having a clear picture on how much content of what type must be done before adding more, and instead of saying, having "original game + dlcs", our model was mostly "Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Sidechapters, etc". This kind of planning, even though works on some level (you can account for your previous errors), is mostly not worth it when you try to make a solid product.

3. Original writing. As some of you might remember, Strive was originally purely text based, and only got actual illustrations after a year or so. This was very convenient at a time, since you can do a lot with text without relying on good art, but when art becomes available, text gets less important. So here's the conflict: since game started as text based, it requires a great deal of writing. Even with the introduction of art to it, we can't just change writing style to something more similar to visual novel, because it would conflict with all the previous work. Another problem with walls of text + terrible code design is that it's really hard to implement more flexible text, both because you need lots of variations (which becomes apparent when you consider how starting slave quest has about 12 different scenes) and because the code base is also not very suitable for it. Since you need tons of text, it often gets hard to fit many features I actually would want to try, such as, different NPC reaction based on your sex, race, combat group, more dialogue choices with unpredictable outcomes, and so on. To put it simply, I would prefer to move on visual novel narration style (sentence per screen basis), but its not possible for strive.

These are main reasons why Strive is gonna be of lower priority on my list of things from this point.

New projects

So, basically, at this moment I'm starting a new project. With all experience I've acquired, it promises to not take terribly long until first versions will get to playable state. It's not going to be a lot like Strive, as I want to try something less ambitious first. However, there's one thing you might have noticed, which transitions into this new project: a more universal and flexible code. The mod system is in a nutshell can be fit into almost any project, as some other latest code implementations. The new project is going to contain many framework parts which can be used in other places and will considerably improve average user's experience, including multilanguage support, new gui approach, laid out planning and more.

The next project will be slightly lighter in tone, far less loaded with all sorts of tiny features and more gameplay/combat oriented. It still is going to be fantasy-themed, but won't be related to Strive. There's been some work already done with it (documents and parts of engine), but once we get to the good parts, we will make sure to provide more information on it.

The secondary project I have my plans on, is a continuation of Strive. To put it simply, I would want to make an origial Strive into a more accessible, better and richer version with better interface and gameplay. However, because of the reasons I named at the start of this post, this is not quite possible. The former project will provide more basis for Strive2 to work on.

As for the Strive, new update will come out in next few days bringing constants menu back in form of in-built mod.

As usual, Thank You for your attention and let me know what you think!

Feb 17, 2017
Oh lol. 2+ years.
As of now around 3k of retards money per months.
"Sorry guys, I fucked up, I think, lets build the wall again!"
So unoriginal.
At least there was free stuff.

playerbonusstatpoints
Its for new game char creation only. edit it in func regenerateplayer() and for limits func statup(button)
For after you had started the game, edit save file.

NeriEU

Shillien Templar
Donor
Sep 9, 2018
Well, rip, was fun while it lasted. Anyone could recommend a similar title? Not even text only, but with slavery and all the other stuff.

W65

May 31, 2018
Development on this one seemed pretty directionless, anyhow. Frankly, all developers need to go through a phase of hating and discarding their old work. In the Patreon days, though, people are giving them money for them to learn from their mistakes. Then again, the question ends up being whether people are paying for the value they found in the mistake, or for some end product that the mistake was supposed to become. It's the eternal question of what exactly is value.

Like I said, though, it wasn't clear where exactly this one was going to go from its current state. I guess I feel that way because the dev's stated directions feel so at odds with what the game is right now--like they accidentally ended up developing something totally at odds with what they set out to do.

Oct 14, 2017
Honestly felt like the game had achieved a lot more than vast majority of projects have, and having looked at the source and worked on it for modding... it'd be really painful to continue adding content to the game. I'd kinda been expecting this and think it should have happened sooner. However he brought on a new dev or two and I think they took a crack at re-factoring and thankfully realized the amount of time it'd take, it'd be better to just start a new game.

For those interested in trying the game, don't let the fact it's being abandoned deter you. There's far more game here than the vast majority of the games out there. Some of it's not polished the best, but much of it is quite good. Could call it 1.0 and it'd still have more content and better polish then many games.

They've learned valuable lessons though. To make more systems, then content for those systems. Rather than hand coding chunks of content you know will have major similarities in flow to future content. Technically as a 1 man project it's not too costly to be copying and pasting and tweaking code for each, but even with 1 person, it's easier to work with long-term if you abstract out parts. If you end up expanding to multiple people it's critical.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Looks like the dev plans on abandoning this game, for a new game (unrelated) and a Strive spin-off/sequel (likely years away).

From the Patreon:

It's been over 2 years since I've started the game. This is probably came bit too late, but it's about a time to move on. In this post I'm gonna to go over the process, and many reasons we have to adopt a new ways.
Why I'm slowing down on Strive

There's 3 core issues which make me very troubled when focusing on new content, and I'm gonna go through it to make myself clearly understood and show that I acknowledge my own mistakes.

1. Base code. As some of you might remember me not having any coding skills when I started to work on strive. Despite that I managed to assemble a fairly working game. However, at this point I know more and many parts just too ugly and heavy to work with. I obviously could rework and refactor all of it, given enough time, and I probably would, if not for other two things, which make me think its just not worth it.

2. Old art. Some probably have noticed, that our old artist has left the project a few months ago. Thankfully, by that time most of stuff I wanted done, has been done, so occassional art shift is not too glaring. However, it makes quite difficult to introduce new content while trying to keep with the original art style. Obviously, I have no will to redo everything at this point. It also is partly my fault for not having a clear picture on how much content of what type must be done before adding more, and instead of saying, having "original game + dlcs", our model was mostly "Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Sidechapters, etc". This kind of planning, even though works on some level (you can account for your previous errors), is mostly not worth it when you try to make a solid product.

3. Original writing. As some of you might remember, Strive was originally purely text based, and only got actual illustrations after a year or so. This was very convenient at a time, since you can do a lot with text without relying on good art, but when art becomes available, text gets less important. So here's the conflict: since game started as text based, it requires a great deal of writing. Even with the introduction of art to it, we can't just change writing style to something more similar to visual novel, because it would conflict with all the previous work. Another problem with walls of text + terrible code design is that it's really hard to implement more flexible text, both because you need lots of variations (which becomes apparent when you consider how starting slave quest has about 12 different scenes) and because the code base is also not very suitable for it. Since you need tons of text, it often gets hard to fit many features I actually would want to try, such as, different NPC reaction based on your sex, race, combat group, more dialogue choices with unpredictable outcomes, and so on. To put it simply, I would prefer to move on visual novel narration style (sentence per screen basis), but its not possible for strive.

These are main reasons why Strive is gonna be of lower priority on my list of things from this point.

New projects

So, basically, at this moment I'm starting a new project. With all experience I've acquired, it promises to not take terribly long until first versions will get to playable state. It's not going to be a lot like Strive, as I want to try something less ambitious first. However, there's one thing you might have noticed, which transitions into this new project: a more universal and flexible code. The mod system is in a nutshell can be fit into almost any project, as some other latest code implementations. The new project is going to contain many framework parts which can be used in other places and will considerably improve average user's experience, including multilanguage support, new gui approach, laid out planning and more.

The next project will be slightly lighter in tone, far less loaded with all sorts of tiny features and more gameplay/combat oriented. It still is going to be fantasy-themed, but won't be related to Strive. There's been some work already done with it (documents and parts of engine), but once we get to the good parts, we will make sure to provide more information on it.

The secondary project I have my plans on, is a continuation of Strive. To put it simply, I would want to make an origial Strive into a more accessible, better and richer version with better interface and gameplay. However, because of the reasons I named at the start of this post, this is not quite possible. The former project will provide more basis for Strive2 to work on.

As for the Strive, new update will come out in next few days bringing constants menu back in form of in-built mod.

As usual, Thank You for your attention and let me know what you think!
So.. practically speaking the dev is saying:

"Fuck this shit. I'm done with this game because I don't know what else to do and so let's just put a "Mod" part in which users will most likely mod the game as they fit, while I'm gaining other money with my newest project. Oh, yes, and I'll leave the game as it is with problem at the gameplay (because, let's just say the truth: is incomplete. And the decision of making the sex like eratohoK or something along the line, personally, was a bad choice nonetheless that didn't give him nothing in return) because eh, for this there are the users right? I'm not Bethesda, nope."

Flying fuck :pokerFace:

Reactions: xoxo1001 and NeriEU

Fury945

Mar 5, 2018
uh having trouble with Maple, I have great rep with Wimborn before I start the second mage order mission (the fairies one) I ask her about fairies but the flirt option never comes up no matter how many days pass after that

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
So.. practically speaking the dev is saying:

"Fuck this shit. I'm done with this game because I don't know what else to do and so let's just put a "Mod" part in which users will most likely mod the game as they fit, while I'm gaining other money with my newest project.
This is actually the best way to finish game development and start new one. This game was initially rather simple and scope grew into huge project and some core things are not feasible to change now. It is how business works, if something is not profitable you drop it and start new project.

I agree: eratohoK sex/romance system made this game unnecessary complicated and instead of detailed sex scenes we have wall of repeated short texts like in other games. From CoC/TiTS style sex it went into Lilith Throne style which was huge step backward. Also with EratohoK we have handful of generic characters and huge pool of custom chars that have unique lines so sex scenes (when translated) are way more interesting.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
uh having trouble with Maple, I have great rep with Wimborn before I start the second mage order mission (the fairies one) I ask her about fairies but the flirt option never comes up no matter how many days pass after that
I think it was less about haveing a good reputation as being a good customer to the guild... sell slaves or finish personal tasks... buying should also account

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
This is actually the best way to finish game development and start new one. This game was initially rather simple and scope grew into huge project and some core things are not feasible to change now. It is how business works, if something is not profitable you drop it and start new project.

I agree: eratohoK sex/romance system made this game unnecessary complicated and instead of detailed sex scenes we have wall of repeated short texts like in other games. From CoC/TiTS style sex it went into Lilith Throne style which was huge step backward. Also with EratohoK we have handful of generic characters and huge pool of custom chars that have unique lines so sex scenes (when translated) are way more interesting.
Exactly. So.. personally speaking, you can't really say "this is the best way to finish a game" because at this state, the game is, again, incomplete. The sex system, the gameplay, the whole story is just a simple cliché and way, way more.
At this point then, might as well thought about making a game without the story at all (quoting one thing of this game), just like Jack-o-nine and other slave management game that are out there and made quite a name of their own. He should've more focused on its "mechanism" if he wanted to make something like jack, lilith and etc. - but actually doing that, he probably would have never succeeded.

But ending up leaving the game as it is because most likely people will mod it to their own personal tastes, it's just the worse.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes