W65

May 31, 2018
Looks like someone was paying attention to starscraper1337, haha.
:)
I mean, I can't exactly say I called it, but it was either this thread or the PoP thread where something just like this happened. We start talking about what we shouldn't be doing before the next update... and the next update lands the next day or something.

Reactions: SST1337

JWLF

Jan 7, 2018
It might be better to make a portrait/body generation system ( like the ones in RPGMaker games), it won't be hard to make standard-sized PNGs of various body parts and locate them correctly on the screen (and, maybe, automatically merging a new PNG). At least it's much better than just cutting portraits and figures out from some random pictures(of different styles!) downloaded from Pixiv (or wherever else).
I think it won't be hard for the author to realize this, since the game has already got its own nice portraits(like the helper, those merchants, the leader of the mage guild, etc).
Technically it is quite easy. Things needed: types of "body"(child&teen&adult and male&female and furries and types of butt, futas use female bodies and shota use some of loli bodies); types of breast; types of faces(child&teen&adult and male&female and furries, again futas use female faces, shota use some of loli faces), types of miscellaneous parts (ears, horns, wings, etc), types of arms and legs (mainly for furries and demons). The work of colouring can be given to several lines of codes. And finally, generate a new PNG portrait and a new PNG body for each "slave" character in savefiles (won't result in huuuuge savefiles, for we can always add a "click to update portrait" button, and use a silhouette pic for default, after all we have text descriptions). In this way, changes (say, clothing&gear, enlargements, mature/youth potion, pregnancy, etc) can all be shown in character figures.

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
It's story also I have 500 units of food, , 15 nature essence, and 5 fluid substances but it's not giving it to druid.
New version just came out, but there have been some problems sometimes with that part of the mainq so I'll check it out.
I know you might have heard this before or already know it, just check those items are not in your backback but in your manor inventory, thanks.

Strive for Power 5.23c
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Change log 5.23c:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That was fast, thanks :)

Looks like someone was paying attention to starscraper1337, haha.
:)
I sure hope so, at first glance they fixed some of those issues from USB. Haven't checked out the new version yet, but hey, if it helped them get the general idea what was wrong and how to fix it, I couldn't be happier. Devs with open minds that set the needs of their player base and community foremost get huge respect from me. They could've just as easily dismissed it. Regardless, I will continue checking for bugs and fixing them, updating and sharing.
Thanks for your support, cheers :)

I mean, I can't exactly say I called it, but it was either this thread or the PoP thread where something just like this happened. We start talking about what we shouldn't be doing before the next update... and the next update lands the next day or something.
Nah, you nailed it :D thanks to your earlier suggestion to share, this update came sooner than it was probably originally planned.

sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017
It might be better to make a portrait/body generation system ( like the ones in RPGMaker games), it won't be hard to make standard-sized PNGs of various body parts and locate them correctly on the screen (and, maybe, automatically merging a new PNG). At least it's much better than just cutting portraits and figures out from some random pictures(of different styles!) downloaded from Pixiv (or wherever else).
I know this has come up a few times, and initially I agreed with you fully, but I'm now against it.

1) I think this is much harder than people realize. Look at FreeCities, where Deepmurk works tirelessly on these kinds of images. And they only have humans! Forget all the species Strive has.
2) The images are at risk of going stale. The pose is always the same. The expression is always the same. The hairstyle is always one of 8 or whatever, instead of limitless variety.

There are lots of imagepacks available, with up to hundreds of images. There are ones that work with the Random Image picker, there are packs specific to particular species, or particular fantasy worlds, or even real photos.
Yes, it's a bit more work, but I think the result is much better and more varied.

erkper

May 16, 2018
How do you satisfy the "wants to be Humiliated" request during sex interactions? I have tried every action in the Humiliation section and the request is never satisfied. I'll point out this is while I'm in group sex with 3 of my slaves.

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
I know this has come up a few times, and initially I agreed with you fully, but I'm now against it.

1) I think this is much harder than people realize. Look at FreeCities, where Deepmurk works tirelessly on these kinds of images. And they only have humans! Forget all the species Strive has.
2) The images are at risk of going stale. The pose is always the same. The expression is always the same. The hairstyle is always one of 8 or whatever, instead of limitless variety.

There are lots of imagepacks available, with up to hundreds of images. There are ones that work with the Random Image picker, there are packs specific to particular species, or particular fantasy worlds, or even real photos.
Yes, it's a bit more work, but I think the result is much better and more varied.
Is there anywhere we can go (another forum or something) where we can view the contents of these packs better? I prefer real girls to drawn and want those packs

1ncogn3a2

Nov 15, 2017
There isn't a scrollbar in the sex target menu anymore, which kinda sucks if you like doing massive orgies like I do, since it all goes offscreen

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
So i had lost my sexy seraphim to get Melissa because i always wanted Melissa...

Boy was this change not worth it. I was kinda expecting to get at least a semi-powerful sorceress with a magic affinity of at least 5 or 6 but nope.

It was kind of a let down. I was also expecting some kind of interesting story or what not a little before she became our slave and not for her to just appear in our slave list. It kinda just strips away her personality.

So my seraphim bodyguard shall be missed.

Also how do i look at the code to see what's wrong with Sebastian.

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
how do you us the cheat code
Load a game, go to menu(top left corner), press otions, go to third tab (supporter section), type in the code you can find on OP and press confirm. The "access support panel" will be no longer gray and you can press it.

How do you satisfy the "wants to be Humiliated" request during sex interactions? I have tried every action in the Humiliation section and the request is never satisfied. I'll point out this is while I'm in group sex with 3 of my slaves.
You don't. It's currently bugged and I'm working on it as the entire "humiliate" ("shame" tag) sex system is unfinished among other things. It has a bit more work so I'm not sure if it will be done by next USB for 0.5.23c..I will probably create it as a separate upload since its more of "adding missing content" than a bugfix.

Is there anywhere we can go (another forum or something) where we can view the contents of these packs better? I prefer real girls to drawn and want those packs
Sure, check on Itch on Strive's community page under "Portrait packs" (you can find the link to itch in OP)

So i had lost my sexy seraphim to get Melissa because i always wanted Melissa...

Boy was this change not worth it. I was kinda expecting to get at least a semi-powerful sorceress with a magic affinity of at least 5 or 6 but nope.

It was kind of a let down. I was also expecting some kind of interesting story or what not a little before she became our slave and not for her to just appear in our slave list. It kinda just strips away her personality.

So my seraphim bodyguard shall be missed.

Also how do i look at the code to see what's wrong with Sebastian.
I know I said I'll look into it but since a new version came out i had to rework, expand and upgrade USB as up untill now I've been doing one bug at a time then realese the fix and that's kinda inefficient with future updates so now I'm doing a large batch that only needs to be updated in case of new version removing obsolete fixes and new issues.

As for the code, file is "outside.gd" Lines: 1860-1901, 1924-1949, 1951-1965, 1967-1969, 1971-1982, 1985-1987 are all related to sebastian and sebastianorder functions.
Use Gd or N++

orion77

Mar 28, 2017
Hello.
Could someone please explained to me step by step how to add and use bodies and portraits packs? I can't get them to work

Reactions: halloyolo

redle

Apr 12, 2017
A lot of things in this game I like, and many I wish were different. Decided to make a couple mods to solve 2 of the items on the dislike list. Thought I would share.

Mods are located in the same place as the images. There is a folder there titled "mods." Unzip the contents into the mods folder. Then in the game's main menu, click on the Mods button and choose which mods you wish to apply and then "apply" them. (clicking apply will cause the game to close and you will need to rerun the game, but that's it) If you don't know where mods/images go, read the add-on to orion at the bottom of this post.

Mod 1:
NoPassword - If you install this mod you won't need to keep remembering/entering the cheat code every single time you make a new game. Basically it removes the password completely.

Mod 2:
QuestRegen - <rant> I don't really like the slave quest system, but it is absolutely essential to use or one can just never upgrade their home at all (yes, can simply get upgrade points through the cheat system; or eventually get them in tiny increments from Sebastian [and kill your rep]). I don't mind needing to earn my upgrades, just not like it currently is. This mod helps me a little. </rant> So, what does it do? Every time a player clicks the "See custom requests" button in a slave guild, all of the quests are randomly recreated. Actively running quests are not affected. If you use this mod, do not expect to view the list; leave the list; come back to it; and expect to find that same quest that you wanted to accept there. If you find a quest you want, accept it. If you don't find one you want, click "leave," click "see custom request," add-rinse-repeat until you find what you are looking for.

This one could be accomplished in much nicer ways, but it was simplest to do "good enough" for the time being.

@orion77
Here's the easiest way for me to explain if you are having trouble. Run the game and start or load a game. Basically get to the point where you are at your "home."

1. Click on any slave in your slave residence list.
2. Click the "Customization" button.
3. Click the "Portrait" button.
4. Click the "Open system folder" button.

Okay, this should launch your system's file browser (a window that is not part of the game at all). The directory this window will be showing you is where Strive does all its saving and loading. In this location is a folder for saves/mods/portraits/bodies. Some of these folders may not exist if you have never used them. Any face images you want to use should go inside the portraits folder found in this directory (or make the folder here if it doesn't exist). Same goes for full body images. Put them in the bodies folder.

Once images are in the proper place, stopping at step-3 above (just clicked the Portrait button), should now result in you seeing all those face images you just put in the proper place. Click one and it will be applied to the character currently selected.

orion77

Mar 28, 2017
@orion77
Here's the easiest way for me to explain if you are having trouble. Run the game and start or load a game. Basically get to the point where you are at your "home."

1. Click on any slave in your slave residence list.
2. Click the "Customization" button.
3. Click the "Portrait" button.
4. Click the "Open system folder" button.

Okay, this should launch your system's file browser (a window that is not part of the game at all). The directory this window will be showing you is where Strive does all its saving and loading. In this location is a folder for saves/mods/portraits/bodies. Some of these folders may not exist if you have never used them. Any face images you want to use should go inside the portraits folder found in this directory (or make the folder here if it doesn't exist). Same goes for full body images. Put them in the bodies folder.

Once images are in the proper place, stopping at step-3 above (just clicked the Portrait button), should now result in you seeing all those face images you just put in the proper place. Click one and it will be applied to the character currently selected.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much.
I'm stupid.
I thought that if i put bodies and portraits in game folder and then connect game to those folders, Strive will GENERATE slaves using that images like in Adam & Gaia or similar games. I didn't know what i was trying to do :)
Thank you.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes