• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.50] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Honestly can't stand sandbox games, but Callisto was the only one that I actually enjoyed. Now seeing a new one by Xavster, I'm actually excited lol. So far, I'm loving it. Very interested to get more into this story and see the colorful cast of characters that eventually join the crew.

It's a great start so far. I see sandbox is coming next update, so while a part of me is dreading it, I know you'll do it proper justice if Callisto is anything to go by. A small sacrifice for a great story lol.

Either way, best of luck with your new project and can't wait to see what comes next. Thanks Xavster. ;)

Greed.Seed

Jan 10, 2020
Competed Callisro long time ago and on first look i didnt understand what's we have here, terms from first game, some other lines, info drops and some time of thinking i undestand that it's a sequel to Callisto under new name...
But still good start i like it, good luck in creating a new great game will be waiting for future updates!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback so far.

In terms of the timetable, it will likely be about one release every 3 months for the first few releases. This may reduce slightly once all of the game structure is established and it becomes more story creation.

The sandbox element will change quite a bit from Callisto. Issue I had with Callisto is that I created too many interaction points, which was then impossible to populate with interesting events. Goal is for each interaction point to have a repeatable event that has some meaning.

I have recently created a mining / exploration mechanic, which is available to $10 Patreons as a separate little game. This is a step up from the trading / salvage mechanics in Callisto. One of the other things I am keen to do is have greater integration of the mechanics into the overall story line. Whilst it won't be required that you do these mechanics, they will give a more rounded experience and help game progression.

For those that are more interested in the lewd aspects of the game, there will be additional acts added to the tags as they appear in the game. Intent is for fewer, however higher quality animations in Stellar Crossroads. Thus a similar time devoted to their creation, just more time allocated to each one. For reference there was about 250 lewd animations in Callisto, although most were short loops. You will likely have to wait until v0.3 to get your fix.

Spartnik

Apr 23, 2020
Given the early stage of development, I have not committed myself to any additional tags at this time. Tags will be added with future releases. If I add too many tags at this time, I restrict creative freedom. Hence I have tried to find a suitable compromise.
You should consider rewording, or clarifying, the first sentence in developer notes as it makes it sound like the tags listed will be the only tags included in the full game.

Reactions: Xavster

LordDreamWolf

Jan 17, 2020
As a member of Xavster's dev team, I am also humbled by the amount of positive feedback. It show that His work and by extention the rest of his team's work is appreciated. I for one look forward to helping Xav make Steller Crossroads even better than Callisto.

Thanks, LDW.

P.S. I check comments on here regularly, as do other member of the team. So questions and feedback will reach one of us fairly quickly.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
models look familiar on other games and main pic has "some" resemblance to callisto.

will try this on later version.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I made a mental note of a few things to myself while i played this first release:

The characters seem to have a well planned personality and the conversations are genuine.
There is one main obstacle in the first few minutes and there are multiple ways to solve it, all of which lead to the same result, but with very different tone and behavior from the cast along the way.
The first scene with a potentially interesting woman absolutely didn't go the way i expected.
There is a pinch of lighthearted humor in this release to set a tone, but not to overwhelm the story into a full-on comedy.
Whoever made this seem to know what they are doing.

By my last point in the list, you probably guessed that for no reason at all, i never tried Callisto so i didn't recognize the dev either. At least i know what to check out while i wait for the updates.

This is a very nice start.

Reactions: DanLong and erkper

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
My gripe with Callisto is always (because I like the game and play it from time to time)
either 1- the empty showers MC cannot use and the used showers where he is always booted out of like some creep by his crew
and
2- the endless conversations at the table that MC overhears and then,
after he reveals himself and I wanna join in the conversation, he just up and decides
to not sit at the same table with his own crew by telling them ”I will leave you alone”.
Thanks for the positive feedback so far.

In terms of the timetable, it will likely be about one release every 3 months for the first few releases. This may reduce slightly once all of the game structure is established and it becomes more story creation.

The sandbox element will change quite a bit from Callisto. Issue I had with Callisto is that I created too many interaction points, which was then impossible to populate with interesting events. Goal is for each interaction point to have a repeatable event that has some meaning.

I have recently created a mining / exploration mechanic, which is available to $10 Patreons as a separate little game. This is a step up from the trading / salvage mechanics in Callisto. One of the other things I am keen to do is have greater integration of the mechanics into the overall story line. Whilst it won't be required that you do these mechanics, they will give a more rounded experience and help game progression.

For those that are more interested in the lewd aspects of the game, there will be additional acts added to the tags as they appear in the game. Intent is for fewer, however higher quality animations in Stellar Crossroads. Thus a similar time devoted to their creation, just more time allocated to each one. For reference there was about 250 lewd animations in Callisto, although most were short loops. You will likely have to wait until v0.3 to get your fix.
As a member of Xavster's dev team, I am also humbled by the amount of positive feedback. It show that His work and by extention the rest of his team's work is appreciated. I for one look forward to helping Xav make Steller Crossroads even better than Callisto.

Thanks, LDW.

P.S. I check comments on here regularly, as do other member of the team. So questions and feedback will reach one of us fairly quickly.
Then there is the constant moving around all those destinations and the game does not
use the many talks to actually give a reason MC would sit in a place while he figgures out a way to use the many trade routes and destinations for proffit.

We are sitting there as opposed to have everyone constantly thinking about and talking of a
way out of that pickle and having this crew member or that one come up with a solution.
That should make for a reasonable clue to us players we gotta grind some stats or sit through some weeks in the early game, stuck with empty showers and all the shameful dissing by our crew, while the plot grows some spine and actually gets going somewhere.

That part of the game, repetitive and annoying is soulcrushing.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Definitely looking forward for future versions.
Three months? Sooo, next one will be our christmas present. No need for special christmas content though, I'd rather have a slightly longer version than some content that just doesn't fit with the rest of the game.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
a lie1.jpg

Lies! All lies!!!
no sex yet though
250 lewd animations
make Steller Crossroads even better
You cannot make this game better by making this game be about the supporting cast.

a lie3.jpg

The coworker literally stole the bounty, the spotlight and all the agency in this game.
MC had one coworker who actually pulled for him, the sweetest girl in this whole preview

a lie2.jpg

and we have no option about her.

None. No creampie No monster girl No romance No vaginal sex

The coworker stealing MC ditched all the
romance, all the creampie, all the sex down the drain of false advertising actual action and romance in a game that, in the pilot episode prologue, features none of that whatsoever.

a lie5.jpg

Last edited:

PsyClogr

Dec 20, 2017
Honestly, while I liked Callisto, the ending fell flat for me. So I hope you at least get the ending done better for this one, If I like a character I want an ending with one of them.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Honestly, while I liked Callisto, the ending fell flat for me. So I hope you at least get the ending done better for this one, If I like a character I want an ending with one of them.
Hardest parts of writing a story: The beginning and the end.

Especially the ending is difficult, but it is one of the first things a writer should sketch out. It will mean the writer won't have to worry too much about the ending, because he already has the outlines, but it also gives the writer a goal for the rest of the story, greatly reducing the chance for him to write himself into a corner or driving the story off-rails. With VNs, the problem is that there are usually several endings, and it's hard to keep the story consistent for all those endings. But, it pays off. It just requires the different storylines not to diverge too early or too much, as that exponentially increases the workload on the writier, increasing the risk that one or more endings get written off, or that development won't ever finish.

The beginning is almost as difficult. If you don't have a vision or direction for your story, then it's easy to start a story with a "one morning you wake up and go to work/school/whatever". But, if you have a direction for the story, it is terrible, as it won't give your character the background that you want to give him or her.. In that case, you'll usually want to introduce the character in a situation giving some background, like, in transit (meaning the character is closing a past), at work/school (giving information about the characters' skills and personality) or busy with some activity like sports or a hobby (giving information about the characters' secondary skills and interests).

Sometimes it works to have multiple introductions within a story, in which case the protagonist is usually the second introduction, while the first introduction either introduces an antagonist (doing something that starts the ball rolling for the protagonist), or the environment (introducing the time, the theme, the circumstances, and hinting at the main plot).
I said that the protagonis is usually second to be introduced, but sometimes the protagonist is already revealed, but not yet introduced. This can be something like an undescript character turning on the TV and then focussing the story on some news item, or the main character being a background or side character on an antagonist or environment introduction.

If you look through your favourite movies, I bet three out of four start with multiple introductions, and set the stage before introducing the protagonist. Most of them probably also already had a goal or a crude outline for the ending(s) before the beef of the storyline got any. The story is about the journey, not the destination. But to make the journey and thus the story worthwhile, the destination will need to be logical and acceptable as well.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes