• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Stellar Crossroads [v0.50] [Xavster Gaming]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BEAR1613

I like this game (v0.50) very much. It's one of my favorite games right now. It is a kind of sci-fi management game with a good manufacturing and trading system with a political aspect as well. MC can choose his political relations to 8 alien nations and 3 trading corporations.
    MC choices do matter! In example they have impacts on each fraction lore.
    With this version MC can start to build military power and support allies in battles if MC wishes to do so. This improves the possibilities of the game.
    MC can deepen his relations to girls on his station and can visit a club on an alien planet to perform some erotic actions.
    A kind of "to do list" helps the player to progress with the game.
    The writing is pretty decent and the renders and animations are above standard. The story has a great potential to be developed further.
    I'm looking forward to the next update.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Spacemouse

I love this game. It's one of my favorite games right now. Always look forward to the next update. I especially like the trading and manufacturing system. However, it can feel a little repetitive to progress in the game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Gthat1118

Good Art, compelling story, reasonable amount of grind, relatively quick updates with plenty of content and sci-fi too. What's not to like about this one?
    Upgrading does require some grinding, but it's not excessive (the griding can be done along with the story).
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Hellkinglucifer

This game is just bad mainly because there is nothing gripping, that x factor that will make you remember to check the game later on just not here. Weak story. bland mc and the sandbox aspect is terrible. especially compared to the dev previous game and with his history of misleading players pretty much assured of getting a fake/crappy ending as well.

Render are decent but so is most of the games nowadays so not enough.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Monstrous Moonshine

As a fan of the prequel, which I think is excellently written, I see that this has a great deal of potential. For me, when it comes to this IP, I think the eroticism is rather secondary. I genuinely enjoy these for the story primarily. I hope that the team behind these works will not be dissuaded by the unimaginative, and continue working on this project until fruition.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Osider

In 0.10 i would have given 5 star because :

It was an interesting idea
    Good render
    Well created personality of personage.
    No bug as i have played

The con would had been the length of the update and some inconsistency in the story of the first release.

But the honeymoon ended in the 0.20 for the drop from the 5 to 2 star :

Seeing that the personage introduced at the end of the 0.10 is useless.
    Having a nauseous amount of sandboxing, like 80% of the game is now a sandbox, this amount of sandbox isn't funny at all.

Because the game pass from "story telling with choice" to "management game", if the sandboxing continue to be more than half of the game (money making first and story second), i would drop it totally.

On the good end the sand-box even if so present that it become too much, i don't have seen bug in it.

So briefly : good story, good render, good idea, too much sandbox in it (sandbox is ok but not this much because it become a work (to have money) rather than an enjoyable game).

If you like management game go for it, if not ... [(See the edit)wait more update].

Edit : Nothing have changed since this review i drop it and so drop it to 1 Star since this game is not funny at all and is a chore to do.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

monk_56

TL/DR A fun concept twist on the super common trope "uncle left you a hotel in his will" premise. You get a space-station instead. Pacing was way too fast and I'm skeptical if the plot will end up being compelling or not.

Pros
    +Space
    +Some cool looking alien dudes
    +Developing the space station could lead to some interesting stories
    +Some clear narrative goals for the MC to work towards.

Cons
    - I don't like how the MC looks at all. A reedy lil fop.
    He looks like he should be be on stage singing love songs to tweens, not an adult man that just worked a decade of his life doing of hard labor for a mining company.
    -Pacing was wayyyy too fast. You barely start the game before you get yanked in a totally different narrative direction. It would have been far more interesting if the player was given time explore what it was like to live on the mining station and build rapport with the characters in their previous life before getting jettisoned to a new segment of the plot.
    -Your uncle left you 'residence X' in his will is one of the most overtropped premises in smut games.
    - You are the last of a ancient bloodline is one of the other most overtropped premises in a smut game .
    -No alien chicks.

Neutral:
    *Low key disappointed when the gnome-looking character's daughter wasn't actually a short-stack :p
    *No H content yet- so I didn't consider it when making my rating.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

So for an intro it isn't that bad. There is just enough plot to get you interested and then it stops.
    PROS
    The writing is pretty decent
    The characters are a little bland, but have room to grow
    The story isn't bad
    CONS
    No harem tag. LOL
    Seems like it'll be a grindy VN(hopefully not)
    OVERALL
    Story is decent enough to grab your attention and keep you interested with how things progress.
    Has a feel that there might be some grinding involved some where down the line of updates, but maybe not.
    I recommend giving this VN a try. Hopefully there won't be months and months between updates, and that it won't slip off of the radar.
    Good luck to the Dev(s) I'll keep my eye out for further updates