Mod Ren'Py Space Journey - Gameplay Mod for SJ1.20.11 - Version 1.20f

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
That sounds like fun a fun tweak I was wondering what to do with the extra data cube when our pet bot capped out on her memory cubes. The arcade screen shot looks good too.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
That sounds like fun a fun tweak I was wondering what to do with the extra data cube when our pet bot capped out on her memory cubes. The arcade screen shot looks good too.
I haven't tested to see if one more memory cube shows up after you use the 'last' one but I probably can find the routine to add one more if it's not just checking your inventory for one already, but that's not really important right now.

So, something that is a common game design 'trope' in brothel sims is that different customers have different preferences r.e. what they are looking for in a sex partner, i.e. looks, personality, skills, etc.

Implementing a full system would be well beyond the scope of SJx, and also could use more sexbot renders, which is beyond my resources (assets aren't shared, plus it's in Blender and I do Daz Studio). But, as I've done with shells, I can 'approximate' such things by checking for multiple traits, personalities, and attitudes in the lineup, giving a blanket 'income bonus' for each stat type.

I could also do this with 'skill likes' I suppose, but the point here is that I'm playing around with this. This would shift the focus a bit more from just sticking high value bots in the arcade to maximize income, in favor of 'mixing things up' a bit. Yes, rebellious bots can be more of a pain to control (i.e. multiple immobilizer chips), but having one in the arcade for customers that like that sort of attitude might help the bottom line.

So short form, my plan is to reduce the 'income bonus' a bit more, yv0751 already rolled this back a bit for game balance in SJx 1.20.11, and offset the lost income with bonuses for having more attitudes/traits/personalities represented.

Yes, certain personalities/traits will still be better for overall bot value, but at least in the arcade, having at least one bot that has a less desirable specific trait/personality will be worthwhile. I'll need to play around with this a bit to 'balance' things of course, and for resale value yeah this won't help, but as I said it's an interesting way to 'approximate' customer likes when it comes to such traits/personalities.

The bonuses will be displayed in that empty space between the left and right areas in the screen, where I'm putting the shell bonuses now. I'm also looking to display a few relevant things in the left side of the screen (bot IQ/attitude/traits/personality) as well. I wouldn't mind adding say 'Gen 3 Mil' to the body parts and addons so that players can more easily spot the bots with part/addon upgrade possibilites/which ones should be rotated out for additional work, pondering this.

It'd be fun to build this into a full blown system, but that'd be a different game entirely, and the MC's goal is mainly to find the way home, although IMHO he's hit the harem mother lode, so why would he want to go home in the first place?
:p

I have an idea r.e an interesting sci fi setting that would use some of the work I've built on elsewhere, the idea of running a sex brothel in space basically, but that's outside of the scope of this thread.

I really like yv0751's 'Andorian' sexbots, I need to look into those antennae for use in Daz Studio again...
:cool:

I love SJx for other things though, being a space merchant is kinda fun! I'm still rooting for the reverse gangbangs! Seeing the MC pleasuring T'ris, Nimhe, Khelara, Vee, the doctor, the captain-bot, and the Princess simultaneously towards the end of the game would be epic! Maybe have Ylyee, etc. drop in as well...

The holodeck could be a fun place to have a bunch of guests stay over for an extended stay, just insert a 'harem palace' holochip...
:love:

Reactions: zimbono

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
Nice I found six cubes if that helps and the captain bot said she had no more space when I offered it to her (this was before I found your mod) so I guessed it was for a future update till you mentioned the cube for T'ris to use if that helps. I think the holodeck and reverse gangbang idea could be me than fun the doc could go all mad scientist accidentally :ROFLMAO: the arcade catering to all tastes does make sense. I wonder if the milky way galaxy could put a bounty on the capture of the bumbling bee crew and force the leave forever plot? As you say he has it far better there than he did in our galaxy

• Yay, new update!

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
Yep just re read my post I should not try type and make sense on no sleep at 5 in the morning :ROFLMAO:o_O

The reverse gang bang idea for me could be more than fun (is what I meant to type)

• Haha

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
I know this is probably not even a possibility for this game but I really wish we could truly make a custom bot something along the lines of your type g bot (basic things like bust size hair and eye colour piercings or not and skin colour)( probably not basic :unsure:) but just take a base infiltrator and then custom build it with Ne'hime as she does and did make custom bot builds. (As I really wana build Starfire and blackfire bots and some Galatea ones to) :lepew: your Raven type g is already rounding of my top four girls anyway and the green bot covers a miss Martian look alike

• Haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I tweaked Nimhe's shell build picker screen a bit...

SpaceJourneyX_NimheShellCrafting.jpg

Essentially, I added the totals for various shell types built to this screen, changed the image used for Nimhe, and adjusted the width and button sizes to allow six buttons across.

There are currently nine shell types in my gameplay mod (added Type G), so this will leave room for three more shell types before a third row of buttons is invoked. I can tweak this screen again as needed at some point in the future of course.

The numbers of shell types built are important as it determines which gen of shell that Nimhe builds.

If less than six total shells built (all types):
# of shells of a given type built so far
0-1 Gen 1
2-3 Gen 2
4+ Gen 3

After Nimhe has built at least five shells, this changes to:
# of shells of a given type built:
0 Gen 1
1 Gen 2
2+ Gen 3

Anyways, yeah I just wanted to add the shell counts to this screen.

Back to it!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Something like this...

SpaceJourneyX_ArcadeLineupViewerMk3.jpg

Essentially, I added the 'short form' text for traits, etc. in the 'overlay window' below the name & price, implemented my 'bonuses for larger variety of traits/attitudes/personalities, and added shorthand for gen & grade next to the bot parts and addons (3m for Gen 3 Military, you get the idea here).

The nightly sexbot arcade income routines have also been adjusted to incorporate these modifiers. I also mitigated bot values affecting bot income a bit, to partially 'offset' these new income multipliers.

I just need to do a bit more testing, my plan is to share the next version of my gameplay mod shortly (within the next 24 hours assuming no showstoppers).

Nap time!

• Red Heart
Reactions: sweetit and zimbono

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I"m looking for a few brave betatesters for 1.20c of my Gameplay Mod... see attached .7z!

SpaceJourneyX_ArcadeLineupViewerMk3a.jpg SpaceJourneyX_ArcadeEarnings.jpg SpaceJourneyX_BotConfigScreen12c.jpg

I've talked about most of the additions/changes already, but to recap:

1) The 'Arcade Bot Viewer' screen has been tweaked a bit, with a bit more info now being displayed.

2) Sexbot Arcade income has been tweaked, you now get bonuses for multipe shell types, personalities, traits, and attitudes in your lineup.

2) The number of shells of each type that Nimhe has built so far are now displayed when the popup screen appears which asks you which shell type you'd like Nimhe to craft this day.

3) I added a new option to the Bot Configurator screen, 'Boost IQ'. Essentially you can burn one AI core to boost a bot's IQ by 10-30 points (20-40 if no normal AI cores are available but an Elite AI core is...). This will also boost the maximum skill levels by 1-3(2-4) points. Still Max 300 IQ not counting attitude IQ boosters...

4) T'ris has a new job available. Give her a spare Memory Cube while you are on the bridge, and she will 'fix' a glitch in the sensors. Once this is done, she can scan the star system (daily) and identify unusual phenomena (new daily task option). T'ris will then sell this info to the local authorities at the end of the day for 1000-5000 credits.

5) Type 'G' shells (G for Goth) shells are now a thing. Give Nimhe an Infiltrator shell. She will study it and then return it to you, and will be able to craft 'G' type (Infiltrator Lookalike) shells. You can give her the Infiltrator Shell again once you've built a few 'G' type shells, and she will be able to craft Infiltrator shells at that point, although you still won't be able to send 'Type I' bots to the Arcade or sell them...

I probably tweaked a few other things as well, but those are the main additions.

I started to dabble with adding the ability for Nimhe to upgrade 'mil grade' parts from Cat 1 to Cat 2 or Cat 2 to Cat 3, if there weren't enough parts available for 'grade' increases, but I wasn't able to figure out/successfully modify the upgrade code as of yet, so that'll have to wait for a future update.

After this has been battle tested a bit, I'll update the OP with the new version (after incorporating any bugfixes that might pop up).

Feedback is always appreciated!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: zimbono and sweetit

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
OK, I"m looking for a few brave betatesters for 1.20c of my Gameplay Mod... see attached .7z!

View attachment 3243680 View attachment 3243681 View attachment 3243682

I've talked about most of the additions/changes already, but to recap:

1) The 'Arcade Bot Viewer' screen has been tweaked a bit, with a bit more info now being displayed.

2) Sexbot Arcade income has been tweaked, you now get bonuses for multipe shell types, personalities, traits, and attitudes in your lineup.

2) The number of shells of each type that Nimhe has built so far are now displayed when the popup screen appears which asks you which shell type you'd like Nimhe to craft this day.

3) I added a new option to the Bot Configurator screen, 'Boost IQ'. Essentially you can burn one AI core to boost a bot's IQ by 10-30 points (20-40 if no normal AI cores are available but an Elite AI core is...). This will also boost the maximum skill levels by 1-3(2-4) points. Still Max 300 IQ not counting attitude IQ boosters...

4) T'ris has a new job available. Give her a spare Memory Cube while you are on the bridge, and she will 'fix' a glitch in the sensors. Once this is done, she can scan the star system (daily) and identify unusual phenomena (new daily task option). T'ris will then sell this info to the local authorities at the end of the day for 1000-5000 credits.

5) Type 'G' shells (G for Goth) shells are now a thing. Give Nimhe an Infiltrator shell. She will study it and then return it to you, and will be able to craft 'G' type (Infiltrator Lookalike) shells. You can give her the Infiltrator Shell again once you've built a few 'G' type shells, and she will be able to craft Infiltrator shells at that point, although you still won't be able to send 'Type I' bots to the Arcade or sell them...

I probably tweaked a few other things as well, but those are the main additions.

I started to dabble with adding the ability for Nimhe to upgrade 'mil grade' parts from Cat 1 to Cat 2 or Cat 2 to Cat 3, if there weren't enough parts available for 'grade' increases, but I wasn't able to figure out/successfully modify the upgrade code as of yet, so that'll have to wait for a future update.

After this has been battle tested a bit, I'll update the OP with the new version (after incorporating any bugfixes that might pop up).

doin it now !!

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
Ok so with the Bot arcade list, is it supposed to move the order around when you inspect a bot?
If not then that would be a thing that pops up.

Aside from that i have not run into anything yet !!

OhWee

• Yay, new update!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Ok so with the Bot arcade list, is it supposed to move the order around when you inspect a bot?
If not then that would be a thing that pops up.

Aside from that i have not run into anything yet !!

OhWee
The list order doesn't change the picker just skips the selected bot at the left when populating the frames at the right.

Reactions: sweetit

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
2 play throughs and no issues

i just wish the weapon systems did different things so you can do tactics bit alas we need to way for our lord to return haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
2 play throughs and no issues

i just wish the weapon systems did different things so you can do tactics bit alas we need to way for our lord to return haha
I guess I'm getting better at spotting bugs in my own playtesting...

I did try to add the new weapons systems that I found under the hood using the Ren'Py console, but as they aren't fully implemented yet, yeah that just generates errors...

Not sure how useful they will be when they are finally added, but it looks interesting.

Of course, space combat is there mainly to distract the player between sexy fun time encounters...
:p

I want all of the sexy gals as part of my crew, including the bartenders, Shady, the patrol officer, the newscaster ladies... some of the gals might need to share bunks though, some of them can sleep with me in the Captain's cabin, I'll make room!

In all seriousness though, yeah I just want to figure out how to set things up so that Nimhe can upgrade lower gen mil grade parts to higher gen parts. Pretty much all of the other stuff I wanted to add, I've tackled at this point. It'd be nice to add new characters, but without the rendering assets yeah that's not gonna happen!

BTW, if people have game balance suggestions in regards to the stuff I've added, I'm more than willing to discuss! T'ris' science officer wages, how much you can raise IQ with a single AI core, the adjusted nightly arcade income, bot values, etc...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
zimbono sweettooth435

OK guys, thanks for your playtesting efforts! Before I add the latest version to the OP, how do you feel about the latest editions? Just right, tone them down a bit, maybe beef them up a bit, etc?

I'm specifically referring to:

1) The 'direct IQ Boost' training function that doesn't change your traits, etc

2) T'ris' Science Officer for Profit job

3) Adjustments I've made to Sexbot Arcade income

Feedback on my other changes is welcome as well! Mainly, I'm just looking for some last minute feedback before I put the latest version into more general circulation (i.e. add to OP and let the peeps in the SJx thread know about it.)

Thanks for your playtesting efforts so far guys!

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
zimbono sweettooth435

OK guys, thanks for your playtesting efforts! Before I add the latest version to the OP, how do you feel about the latest editions? Just right, tone them down a bit, maybe beef them up a bit, etc?

I'm specifically referring to:

1) The 'direct IQ Boost' training function that doesn't change your traits, etc

2) T'ris' Science Officer for Profit job

3) Adjustments I've made to Sexbot Arcade income

Feedback on my other changes is welcome as well! Mainly, I'm just looking for some last minute feedback before I put the latest version into more general circulation (i.e. add to OP and let the peeps in the SJx thread know about it.)

Thanks for your playtesting efforts so far guys!
Seems to be working ok, in the end balance should just be, money making should not be hard

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A new version of my Gameplay Mod for SJx 1.20.11 (Version 1.2d) is attached.

I decided to modify a couple of things.

Essentially, when Nimhe crafts a new shell or upgrades parts, there's now an associated Nano materials cost (100 and 25 per upgraded part). Also, when using the 'Boost IQ' option (not to be confused with IQ booster addons), 75 bio is consumed. Shell upgrades no longer require a bot parts crate (cost of crate subsumed into cost to build shell), but since I wanted to have nano pods be useful for something else... As for the IQ boost bio cost, this seemed like a simple way to 'balance' this upgrade a tiny bit.

I suppose that I could have 'Boost IQ' also consume an IQ booster addon along with an AI core (to help keep IQ boost addons relevant), but that'll have to wait for a future update maybe. I'll ponder this for a bit.

Note that I already incorporated a Bio materials cost for cortex upgrades in previous versions of my mod, so the IQ boost bio mat cost is in keeping with this concept.

Also, to help reduce confusion when picking bots in the new Arcade Bot Viewer screen, I added numbers to the slots so that you can more easily identify where you are 'in the list' of the Arcade bots. I also added a 'Retrieve' button to this screen, so that you can remove the currently selected bot from the arcade while in this screen (works the same as the 'Arcade Manager' screen).

SpaceJourneyX_ArcadeLineupViewerMk3c.jpg

This is particularly helpful if you are keeping track of which shells are in the Arcade Bot lineup, i.e. trying to maintain a variety of bot shells in your lineup for income bonus purposes.

I also forgot to include a tweaked scene in 1.20c, so it's included now. Essentially, Nimhe, T'ris, Khelara and Vee will be standing around in your cabin during a particular conversation that pops up later in the game. No changes to the scene itself, I just like looking at nekkid chicks!

Assuming no issues, I'll update the OP with Version 1.2d within the next day or so. Let me know if y'all find any issues!

• Red Heart
Reactions: sweetit