Mod Ren'Py Space Journey - Gameplay Mod for SJ1.20.11 - Version 1.20f

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
A new version of my Gameplay Mod for SJx 1.20.11 (Version 1.2d) is attached.

I decided to modify a couple of things.

Essentially, when Nimhe crafts a new shell or upgrades parts, there's now an associated Nano materials cost (100 and 25 per upgraded part). Also, when using the 'Boost IQ' option (not to be confused with IQ booster addons), 75 bio is consumed. Shell upgrades no longer require a bot parts crate (cost of crate subsumed into cost to build shell), but since I wanted to have nano pods be useful for something else... As for the IQ boost bio cost, this seemed like a simple way to 'balance' this upgrade a tiny bit.

I suppose that I could have 'Boost IQ' also consume an IQ booster addon along with an AI core (to help keep IQ boost addons relevant), but that'll have to wait for a future update maybe. I'll ponder this for a bit.

Note that I already incorporated a Bio materials cost for cortex upgrades in previous versions of my mod, so the IQ boost bio mat cost is in keeping with this concept.

Also, to help reduce confusion when picking bots in the new Arcade Bot Viewer screen, I added numbers to the slots so that you can more easily identify where you are 'in the list' of the Arcade bots. I also added a 'Retrieve' button to this screen, so that you can remove the currently selected bot from the arcade while in this screen (works the same as the 'Arcade Manager' screen).

View attachment 3251408

This is particularly helpful if you are keeping track of which shells are in the Arcade Bot lineup, i.e. trying to maintain a variety of bot shells in your lineup for income bonus purposes.

I also forgot to include a tweaked scene in 1.20c, so it's included now. Essentially, Nimhe, T'ris, Khelara and Vee will be standing around in your cabin during a particular conversation that pops up later in the game. No changes to the scene itself, I just like looking at nekkid chicks!

Assuming no issues, I'll update the OP with Version 1.2d within the next day or so. Let me know if y'all find any issues!

Feedback is always appreciated!
:cool:
2) T'ris' Science Officer for Profit job

where do we do this one?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
2) T'ris' Science Officer for Profit job

where do we do this one?
That's shorthand, essentially you give T'ris a spare memory cube, and she will fix a glitch in the sensors. After this interaction, at the start of the day when you give daily job assignments, you'll see a new job option, 'Scan Star System', where T'ris will earn you an extra 1000-5000 Cr that day.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sweetit

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
That's shorthand, essentially you give T'ris a spare memory cube, and she will fix a glitch in the sensors. After this interaction, at the start of the day when you give daily job assignments, you'll see a new job option, 'Scan Star System', where T'ris will earn you an extra 1000-5000 Cr that day.
Ah yeah that worked, no issues still rushed through some days and travel to see if anything popped up, no all good

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Note that I just posted a new patch for 'vanilla' SJ. I found another point where cargo and bounty missions at the Xenos Library were blocked, so I came up with a better fix for that issue.

That 'vanilla' patch isn't compatible with my Gameplay mod, but I'll share an updated version of version 'd' later today, after I do a bit more playtesting. It probably won't affect your gameplay in the meantime, worst case you won't be able to deliver cargo or do bounty missions at the library until conversation requirements are met. It turns out there are multiple points in the story where this can happen, hence the need for a better fix.

I added a scene at the end of the Library progression with repeatable (once per day) sexy fun time, that's different from 'vanilla' SJ, plus I probably modified a couple of other things in 556_sandbox_space.rpy so the 'fix' for my Gameplay mod needs to be coded separately from the 'vanilla' patch.

I may update my interface mod again sometime fairly soon, but the Gameplay mod is still my main focus right now, and I'm about to tackle another project.

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
Ok I am a bit late in replying but I like the set up you have as is. if that helps. I like the new new arcade changes too.

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
OhWee

Is it possible to get the item categories added to the Labmanagers part storage, saves us scrapping shells by accident when we bulk scrap

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
sweetit

I'll play around with the 'bot manager' sort options after I test a couple of other things.

Edit: Something like this...

SpaceJourneyX_PartsStorageNewSortOptionsV12e.jpg

---

Speaking of which, @ y'all

In my Gameplay mod:

I found an issue when starting a new game, the torpedo loadout display code (when navigating the ship) was causing an issue with a new game, testing the fix now.

I also tweaked the mission selection screen, making room for a fourth mission (say if you asked the bartender for a mission after you've selected 3 missions, or decide to help someone out with a cargo delivery), and color coded the 'mission location' text so that if the ship can't reach that location currently, text is greyed out, if you have enough items in cargo, location text is green, otherwise location text is white.

Still testing a few other things in a new playthrough, should have a new version to share very soon.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, mod update time! Attached is V1.2e of my Gameplay mod, for SJx 1.20.11.

This includes the bugfix that I made for vanilla SJx 1.20.11, the new sort options for the Parts Storage Screen, and a couple more adjustments to the Mission Chooser screen.

SpaceJourneyX_MissionChooserV12e.jpg

Essentially, Mission Locations shown in grey are currently out of the range of the ship's engines, locations shown in Green have sufficient quantities of the item in question in the ship's cargo hold, and those shown in white are in range, but there currently isn't a sufficient quantity of the item in question in cargo.

I also fixed an issue where sometimes the wrong location was being referenced for item quantities in the market at the current location, and I added an 'update market' routine. It's essentially the same as the one when you click on the cargo manager, so if you click on the Mission Chooser before the Cargo Manager, store quantities (if at a location that has a market) will be updated at that time for the current day.

Note that there is now room for up to four chosen missions to be displayed at the same time, say if you talk to the bartender after picking three missions.

Here is the screenshot again showcasing the new parts storage sort options:

Assuming that there are no issues with the 'e' version of this mod (see attached .7z), I'll update the OP in the next day or so.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: sweetit and zimbono

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, y'all!

I've updated the OP and added v1.20f of my Gameplay Mod to it. Here's a link for 1.20f so that you don't need to jump to the OP.
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/01/3288455_SpaceJourney_OhWee_GameplayModV1.2f_for_SJx_V12011.7z

I've updated the screenshots in the OP (the ones that needed updating anyways) as well.

For those of you that downloaded and tested v1.20e, the changes from 1.20e to 1.20f are very minor, just a few alignment adjustments and a downward price adjustment on 'G' type shells (they felt overvalued to me, and were overshadowing the other shell types).

I modified the active mission list area on the mission chooser to a viewport, so that if more than four missions are currently active (rare but can happen), you can scroll down to the extra active missions, and said active missions won't overlap the available missions area of the screen.

I also adjusted the color coding for the active missions to be a bit more in line with the color coding on the rest of the screen.

Again no point in restarting for these minor changes if you've already installed v1.20e of my gameplay mod, you can just install Version 1.20f (which will add the latest changes) and pick up wherever you left off.

Happy Gaming!

• Red Heart
Reactions: zimbono and sweetit

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So a quick note.

V 1.2f of my Gameplay mod will probably be the last version of this mod that I do for a bit, so consider it the 'definitive' version of my Gameplay Mod for now. I hit most of the 'bases' that I wanted to in this version, and at this point I'm just waiting to see when yv0751 gets back to work on SJx!

On an unrelated note...

For the pew pew fans!

Pretty damn good for a fan film! Not mine, I can barely do animations in Daz Studio and don't have that kind of patience!

• Red Heart
Reactions: zimbono and sweetit

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
I'm not sure if it's something from this mod or something from the base game, but I've noticed that if there's an event that happens right after the Morning assignment menu, it prevents you from selecting a different shell for Nimhe to make, so she defaults to making another of whatever she last made. One example of such an event is when you are sending Triss to the Hyperdrive navigator course.

For clarity, here's the specific details.

Go to Sleep.
Wake up.
Assignment menu pops up. You send Triss to the Navigator class, and set Nimhe to make a new shell. Click next (or whatever the button is).
The window tells you about Triss going to class and when you can pick her up.
HERE, instead of the window asking you which shell Nimhe should make, you then proceed right into the 8am timeslot. So she defaults to making another of the last shell she was set to.

Overall, kind of a minor issue, but something I wanted to report on.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm not sure if it's something from this mod or something from the base game, but I've noticed that if there's an event that happens right after the Morning assignment menu, it prevents you from selecting a different shell for Nimhe to make, so she defaults to making another of whatever she last made. One example of such an event is when you are sending Triss to the Hyperdrive navigator course.

Go to Sleep.
Wake up.
Assignment menu pops up. You send Triss to the Navigator class, and set Nimhe to make a new shell. Click next (or whatever the button is).
HERE, instead of the window asking you which shell Nimhe should make, you then proceed right into the 8am timeslot. So she defaults to making another of the last shell she was set to.

I'll look into this. Thanks for the heads up!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Go to Sleep.
Wake up.

Checked into this, made a minor change (an elif to an if). This will also prevent other T'ris training activities from pre-empting Nimhe's shell building choice popup.

Drag the file in the attached .7z into the /game/700_minigames folder, replacing 715_crew_manager.rpy with this new file.

Thanks again for the heads up!

Reactions: EroKala and zimbono

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, now that yv0751 is working on SJ again, now might be a good time for y'all to sound off in the SJ thread and let him know which parts of this mod you really like/make suggestions what you'd like to see in the main game.

I'm sure yv0751 would appreciate the feedback at least, even if he doesn't use my ideas...

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
OK, now that yv0751 is working on SJ again, now might be a good time for y'all to sound off in the SJ thread and let him know which parts of this mod you really like/make suggestions what you'd like to see in the main game.

I'm sure yv0751 would appreciate the feedback at least, even if he doesn't use my ideas...
All of it, the QOL improvements are just perfect and suit the adding of content quite well