Mod Ren'Py Space Journey - Gameplay Mod for SJ1.20.11 - Version 1.20f

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
All of it, the QOL improvements are just perfect and suit the adding of content quite well
Here is one you haven't seen before (Patreon Post):
=======

Dev-Log - V1.30DEV Last Minute...

Hi,
had a last minute idea regarding the warehouse and cargo bot managers. Both now have the identical individual pick thumbnails _AND_ if you have invested int the Yutani Robotics Corp you get the STASIS POD Analyzer feature for free...

No longer searching which Pod holds you valuable elite parts :)
DEV1.30 will be in the Discord Beta Channel for testing later today. Thanks to the Beta testing Team in advance!
y.v.

=======

Additionally V1.30 will have (bot related)
  • Gen/Grade tags on the configurator part thumbnails
  • Bot thumbnail on the arcade listing to see the shell
  • Individual bot picker from the warehouse
  • new premium shell, which can override stats, likes, traits, personality

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Some heads-up on V1.30 development.

Game mechanics has been done and I started with NSWF and Quest content this week.

Heere is a small preview on the new hull plating system which i implemented to avoid the "one shot instakill" experience when shields are gone. It is a menu parallel to Subsystems as mechanics are a bit different.

screenshot0016.jpg
Comes with 4 hull plating types, whose ablation potential roughly corresponds to photon, neutron, quantum, quantumx2 cannon strength:

ico ITMDuraniumPlating.png ico ITMInferniumPlating.png ico ITMPhasicPlating.png ico ITMUnderversePlating.png

Reactions: Macfinn99 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Some heads-up on V1.30 development.

Game mechanics has been done and I started with NSWF and Quest content this week.

Heere is a small preview on the new hull plating system which i implemented to avoid the "one shot instakill" experience when shields are gone. It is a menu parallel to Subsystems as mechanics are a bit different.

View attachment 3438364
Comes with 4 hull plating types, whose ablation potential roughly corresponds to photon, neutron, quantum, quantumx2 cannon strength:

View attachment 3438368 View attachment 3438369 View attachment 3438376 View attachment 3438377
The armor system vaguely reminds me of Renegade Legion: Interceptor

rl3.png

D10 system, fighters had 10 'columns' of armor on each of four facings, and weapons had 'hit templates, like so:

rlweapondamage.jpeg

Weapons would hit a column of armor, and affect adjacent columns based on the shape of the weapon splash pattern, which could in some cases 'widow' armor for weapons that were designed to do more damage to adjacent columns as they penetrated into the armor, with widowed armor essentially falling off. Armor had a row thickness of 1-10 based on the amount of tonnage of armor assigned to that face.

The flowchart was used to determine internal damage, with each 'box' that penetrating armor counting as a hit. Fighters could sustain roughly 5 to 30 points of internal damage, depending on which internal systems were hit (d10 rolls, following the rolled paths on the chart).

Not suggesting that you do anything this complex yv0751, just thought that you might find this interesting as a 'side note'. The idea of x points of damage which gets past taking out an internal system might be a thought, we sort of have this now in SJx. Armor could be assigned 'hit points' for each armor section, ablating as weapon damage occurs. Area affect weapons might affect adjacent sections of armor as well as the section struck, which I'm guessing is determined via a D6 roll.

Anyways, yeah, Renegade Legion: Interceptor was a very interesting space combat system, your armor display essentially jogged my memory here.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
The armor system vaguely reminds me of Renegade Legion: Interceptor

View attachment 3438509

D10 system, fighters had 10 'columns' of armor on each of four facings, and weapons had 'hit templates, like so:

View attachment 3438524

Weapons would hit a column of armor, and affect adjacent columns based on the shape of the weapon splash pattern, which could in some cases 'widow' armor for weapons that were designed to do more damage to adjacent columns as they penetrated into the armor, with widowed armor essentially falling off. Armor had a row thickness of 1-10 based on the amount of tonnage of armor assigned to that face.

The flowchart was used to determine internal damage, with each 'box' that penetrating armor counting as a hit. Fighters could sustain roughly 5 to 30 points of internal damage, depending on which internal systems were hit (d10 rolls, following the rolled paths on the chart).

Not suggesting that you do anything this complex yv0751, just thought that you might find this interesting as a 'side note'. The idea of x points of damage which gets past taking out an internal system might be a thought, we sort of have this now in SJx. Armor could be assigned 'hit points' for each armor section, ablating as weapon damage occurs. Area affect weapons might affect adjacent sections of armor as well as the section struck, which I'm guessing is determined via a D6 roll.

Anyways, yeah, Renegade Legion: Interceptor was a very interesting space combat system, your armor display essentially jogged my memory here.
Thanks for the info.

I didn't describe how it works in detail but parts of above mechanics are implemented
- when the ship is hit without shields a random side of the ship is determined
- on that side a random armor slot is determined
- taking into effect the ablation potential of that slot's plate is subtracted from the hit
- if there is punch through ships systems might be damaged (same as now)
- if there is no punch through plate is simply removed as it did its duty
- I tested it and now its possible to survive a full barrage of 5x2 swarm scout hits with the lowest grade of plating

Reactions: zimbono and OhWee