Mod Ren'Py Onhold Space Journey - Gameplay Mod for SJ1.20.11 - Version 1.20f

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks OhWee, Happy Holidays, . . . I'll keep checking under the tree regularly to see when the presents get here, . . .

(BTW, any word yet on y.v.????)
No clue. He did say that it would be a couple of months in his last post in the SJx thread so I'm not overly concerned yet.

---

I came up with another QoL improvement:

SpaceJourneyX_MissionChooser.jpg

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still plugging away at my silly gameplay mod.

I wanted to have a way to set the maximum levels that T'ris will endeavor to restock Bio, Energy, and Nano pods to. In vanilla SJx, this level is 5. I've added an option where you can instruct T'ris (on the bridge) to adjust these restocking levels, say if you wanted to maintain a stock level of 2 bio pods, 3 nano pods, and 20 energy pods. Each of these levels can be adjusted individually via an input field accessed via a choice menu when you click on the Pod Restock Levels (p) option when talking to Tris on the bridge.

The choice menu will remain until you choose the "Accept current levels". It essentially looks like this:

SpaceJourneyX_SetPodRestockLevels.jpg

The changes may not go into effect until the next day, and T'Ris will restock up to 3 Bio, 6 energy and 3 Nano each day, up to the indicated levels (so 12 instead of 15 max, but double the energy). In any case, yeah you get the idea here, you can now 'customize' T'ris' maximum restock levels for each type of pod.

Still testing things, taking a bit longer than expected but I should have the new version of the Gameplay mod ready for y'all very soon! I'm about to add my 'cube cortex upgrade' routines that upgrade traits, etc. in an upward trajectory instead of being completely random. I did this in my mod for 1.00b, it'll work mostly the same.

Back to it!
:cool:

Reactions: zimbono

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I did another thing just for fun...

SpaceJourneyX_ComputerWallpaper.jpg

Your current lineup of sexbots will appear as a 'computer wallpaper'. Essentially just a nod to your handiwork, and a quick visual note of how many sexbots you currently have working at the sexbot arcade.

As I said, just something I decided to do for fun...

I'm doing some final testing atm, my gameplay mod for SJx 1.20.11 should be ready for some betatesting shortly.

Last edited:

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
Hi glad to see you have got your pc woes sorted. just found your mod and read through the and i just wanted to ask is the Nimhe bot shell analyse mod going to be available in your new version? thanks for the mod to a fun game already

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hi glad to see you have got your pc woes sorted. just found your mod and read through the and i just wanted to ask is the Nimhe bot shell analyse mod going to be available in your new version? thanks for the mod to a fun game already
Partially sorted anyways. I'm still looking for a better deal on a large HDD (external or internal) to back up my Daz install before I get Uber Laptop and my new Dedicated Rendering Rig up and running. So a few of my SSD drives (old and new) are currently sitting in boxes currently unused until I purchase said backup drive.

It needs to be a big drive, preferabley 18 TB. I've looked at the option of buying say two 10 TB drives as well (8 TB isn't gonna cut it as my two 'main' drives are 8 TB each and I want to back up my 2 TB drives as well), again so far haven't found the 'right' deal.

I did try to grab an 18 TB drive on black friday week for $200-ish, but it sold out about immediately. There's are 'off brand' drives in that price range, but I won't risk it as the reviews are hit and miss.

Backing up my Daz Studio files is the most important thing right now. I have older backups, but a lot of stuff I've installed over the last few months is currently not backed up and I'd rather not have to download all of that again (we are talking a couple of TB of new Daz Studio product packages and it took me literally days to download and install of that earlier this year.

I did transfer my SJx folder (with my mod stuff) over to my new laptop that I bought for internet duties, and I'm currently squeezing a bit more life out of baby laptop here before I 'transfer the flag' over to new laptop.

Uber Laptop is mostly ready to go, but as I noted above I'm holding off on re-installing anything (drives/software) until I've made one last attempt to back up the 'failed' OS drive. A new 2 TB OS drive has been installed with my preferred version of Windows 10, and new Laptop has a 'clean' 1 TB SSD in it (the 256 GB drive it came with has the 'usual' HP bloatware and I have no interest in Windows 11).

New Laptop isn't anything to write home about, but as I said it's main purpose is internet duties and light Ren'Py coding work (like my SJx mods). It DOES have a built-in 10 Key which is my preference, but I'm not a fan of chiclet keyboards. It was cheap though, which is the main thing.

I'm already well over budget with computer stuff. Uber Laptop is also fairly old (circa 2017), and New Laptop is it's partial replacement, and other RL stuff has also put a huge dent into my budget. Hence why I'm hoping for a better deal on backup drives, as the last couple of months has been very painful to my 'hobby' budget, and I need to pinch pennies for a bit...

---

But I digress...

As I mentioned before, YES the Shell Mod will be part of the latest version of my gameplay mod. I'm still doing some last minute tweaking and testing before I package the modified files so that I can share my mod, I just like to try to catch errors before I share.

So the plan is to release a 'beta' version of my gameplay mod shortly, possibly later today!

Last edited:

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
Partially sorted anyways. I'm still looking for a better deal on a large HDD (external or internal) to back up my Daz install before I get Uber Laptop and my new Dedicated Rendering Rig up and running. So a few of my SSD drives (old and new) are currently sitting in boxes currently unused until I purchase said backup drive.

It needs to be a big drive, preferabley 18 TB. I've looked at the option of buying say two 10 TB drives as well (8 TB isn't gonna cut it as my two 'main' drives are 8 TB each and I want to back up my 2 TB drives as well), again so far haven't found the 'right' deal.

I did try to grab an 18 TB drive on black friday week for $200-ish, but it sold out about immediately. There's are 'off brand' drives in that price range, but I won't risk it as the reviews are hit and miss.

Backing up my Daz Studio files is the most important thing right now. I have older backups, but a lot of stuff I've installed over the last few months is currently not backed up and I'd rather not have to download all of that again (we are talking a couple of TB of new Daz Studio product packages and it took me literally days to download and install of that earlier this year.

I did transfer my SJx folder (with my mod stuff) over to my new laptop that I bought for internet duties, and I'm currently squeezing a bit more life out of baby laptop here before I 'transfer the flag' over to new laptop.

Uber Laptop is mostly ready to go, but as I noted above I'm holding off on re-installing anything (drives/software) until I've made one last attempt to back up the 'failed' OS drive. A new 2 TB OS drive has been installed with my preferred version of Windows 10, and new Laptop has a 'clean' 1 TB SSD in it (the 256 GB drive it came with has the 'usual' HP bloatware and I have no interest in Windows 11).

New Laptop isn't anything to write home about, but as I said it's main purpose is internet duties and light Ren'Py coding work (like my SJx mods). It DOES have a built-in 10 Key which is my preference, but I'm not a fan of chiclet keyboards. It was cheap though, which is the main thing.

I'm already well over budget with computer stuff. Uber Laptop is also fairly old (circa 2017), and New Laptop is it's partial replacement, and other RL stuff has also put a huge dent into my budget. Hence why I'm hoping for a better deal on backup drives, as the last couple of months has been very painful to my 'hobby' budget, and I need to pinch pennies for a bit...

---

But I digress...

As I mentioned before, YES the Shell Mod will be part of the latest version of my gameplay mod. I'm still doing some last minute tweaking and testing before I package the modified files so that I can share my mod, I just like to try to catch errors before I share.

So the plan is to release a 'beta' version of my gameplay mod shortly, possibly later today!
Bugger I hope that you manage to score some good end of year sales for the hdd sizing you need.

Thanks for the info and looking forward to trying the new mod :D

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, it's time for a few of you brave souls to betatest the latest version of my gameplay mod (v 1.2a for SJx 1.20.11).

I've detailed most of the changes already above, see the readme for a list.

Yes, my 'Nimhe shellbuilding mod' is included!

I decided NOT to adjust the bot price calculations this time, 'cuz some people seem to like overvalued bots... well IMHO anyways. I was good with capping the 'best bots' values at around 20 million, but yeah some people like big numbers...

I DID add a new gameplay element. You now get a 3% cumulative bonus to Sexbot Arcade income each night for each additional shell type that is represented in your Sexbot arcade lineup. Note that you can quickly review your Sexbot arcade lineup visually, simply by accessing the computer terminal in the Captain's quarters.

Also note that you can now see which missions are currently active in the mission chooser when accessing it via the Captain's computer.

If you see the words 'in storage' on the mission screen, etc. this is how much of that item you currently have stored at your base on Tenaris, in case you aren't sure what that means.

Other than that, a lot of stuff that was in the previous version is also in this one (cubes upgrade in an upward trajectory, Level 3 Cortexes can be upgraded in steps from subpar to military grade, after bing upgraded to Level 3, more sort options, etc. etc.).

Once I get a bit of feedback from y'all, I'll update the OP with the attached version, but in the meantime, yeah it's time for some bug hunting!

Enjoy!

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
encountered a bug with the L type shell when adding it in the bot builder

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/03_GAME.rpy", line 133, in script call
    call sandbox() from _call_sandbox
  File "game/500_navigator/550_sandbox.rpy", line 32, in script call
    call sandbox_interior() from _call_sandbox_interior
  File "game/500_navigator/552_sandbox_interior.rpy", line 542, in script call
    call interact_room(_return[1]) from _call_interact_room
  File "game/600_interact/600_interact_room.rpy", line 1522, in script call
    call mg_sexbot_lab() from _call_mg_sexbot_lab
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 3147, in script
    call screen mg_sexbot_scr()
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2581, in execute
    screen mg_sexbot_prep_scr():
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2634, in execute
    frame xsize 1080 ysize 1080 background Solid ("ffffff00") xalign 1.0:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2693, in execute
    hbox xpos 205 ypos 475 spacing 30:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2694, in execute
    if bot.hasComp("cortex"):
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2697, in execute
    for i in range(6): # xxx1
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2703, in execute
    fixed xsize 96 ysize 96 xoffset xoff:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2706, in execute
    if bot.addOns[i]:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2713, in execute
    $ addonxpref = addonprefgrade.index(addonpreflevel)
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2713, in <module>
ValueError: u'elite' is not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 3147, in script
    call screen mg_sexbot_scr()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2634, in execute
    frame xsize 1080 ysize 1080 background Solid ("ffffff00") xalign 1.0:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2693, in execute
    hbox xpos 205 ypos 475 spacing 30:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2694, in execute
    if bot.hasComp("cortex"):
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2697, in execute
    for i in range(6): # xxx1
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2703, in execute
    fixed xsize 96 ysize 96 xoffset xoff:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2706, in execute
    if bot.addOns[i]:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2713, in execute
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 2713, in <module>
ValueError: u'elite' is not in list

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Space Journey X 120_11
Sun Dec 31 03:21:47 2023

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 3153, in script
    if _return == False:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 3167, in <module>
    elif "rename" in _return:
TypeError: argument of type 'SexbotPart' is not iterable

Full traceback:
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 3153, in script
    if _return == False:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/700_minigames/760_sexbot_lab.rpy", line 3167, in <module>
    elif "rename" in _return:
TypeError: argument of type 'SexbotPart' is not iterable

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Space Journey X 120_11
Sun Dec 31 03:24:27 2023

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Also is there a list of the available Shells?
I'm showing C, I, J, K, L, N, P, & V as shell types. There's also the 'default' shell, which doesn't have an associated addon part, sometimes referred to as 'A'.

Not sure what that last error message is about, but not surprised that I missed an 'elite' thing. Looking into it now.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
sweettooth435

Try the attached file (inside .7z), put the file inside of the .7z (not the .7z itself) it in your /game/700_minigames folder (replace 760_sexbot_lab.rpy) and let me know if this solves your issue.

I set up the color coding so that Military is white UNLESS an Elite part is available, at which point the color coding changes to green/yellow/orange. That way people aren't wondering why they can never find higher grade parts in the earlier game (until Quthor is unlocked).

Note that I haven't found any elite parts in Quthor yet, 'cuz I keep restarting from the beginning to test stuff, but of course I can add elite parts using the Ren'Py console for testing purposes, which of course I failed to do 'cuz I didn't think about that during my bot testing. I was more focused on cortex upgrades.

AFAIK Nimhe doesn't upgrade parts to 'Elite' grade, need to double check on that. I could theoretically add that option if Nimhe's tech skill is above a certain point if that hasn't been done already, looking into that now.

Anyways, yeah let me know if this fixes your issue. You should be able to continue to use your existing saves.

Oratorio

Aug 3, 2017
Code:
```

While running game code:
  File "game/500_navigator/550_sandbox.rpy", line 26, in script call
    call sandbox_space() from _call_sandbox_space
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 274, in script
    call screen sandbox_space_scr(dueMissionPoints)
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 130, in execute
    screen sandbox_space_scr(*args):
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 141, in execute
    for k in starSys.locs.keys():
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 146, in execute
    if l.found:
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 148, in execute
    if l.ID in dueMissionPoints:
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 150, in execute
    for i in dueMissionPoints:
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 152, in execute
    if i == l.ID:
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 155, in execute
    $ mission = GAME.missionSys.missions[i_index]
  File "game/500_navigator/556_sandbox_space.rpy", line 155, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Full traceback:
    self.call("execute")
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
    callback(self)
    self.update()
    if l.found:
    if i == l.ID:
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Space Journey X 120_11
Sat Dec 30 16:14:14 2023
```
I get this error with the Ylyee mission to find the missing crate (her first mission from the dancing stage)

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Code:
```

While running game code:
    if l.found:
    if i == l.ID:

Full traceback:
    self.call("execute")
    callback(self)
    self.update()
    if l.found:
    if i == l.ID:

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Space Journey X 120_11
Sat Dec 30 16:14:14 2023
```
I get this error with the Ylyee mission to find the missing crate (her first mission from the dancing stage)
I don't have a save handy for that point of the story. If you could be so kind as to provide me a save from just before when this error pops up?

---

I'm currently working on some other silly idea atm, i.e. re-invoking the bot analyzer from the Bot Arcade... not really important, just a silly idea I had...

I also realized that my 'uniformity bonus mod' that gives you credit for each part that is of the same cat and also if it is of the same grade as the cortex (if both, higher bonus), it'll be in the next version of the patch, once I track down a couple of other bugs and decide if this analyzer idea is silly or not. Mainly I just like looking at the pretty bots every so often, and the bot arcade list doesn't have pretty pictures...
:whistle:

Oratorio

Aug 3, 2017
I don't have a save handy for that point of the story. If you could be so kind as to provide me a save from just before when this error pops up?

---

I'm currently working on some other silly idea atm, i.e. re-invoking the bot analyzer from the Bot Arcade... not really important, just a silly idea I had...

I also realized that my 'uniformity bonus mod' that gives you credit for each part that is of the same cat and also if it is of the same grade as the cortex (if both, higher bonus), it'll be in the next version of the patch, once I track down a couple of other bugs and decide if this analyzer idea is silly or not. Mainly I just like looking at the pretty bots every so often, and the bot arcade list doesn't have pretty pictures...
:whistle:
Save from just before taking the quest and from just before the error

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Oratorio

Thanks for the saves. Looking at things now.

I think I understand the issue, I just need to figure out how to distinguish 'quest' missions from 'normal' missions, as 'normal' missions have certain flags that ID them, not sure about the 'quest' mission, that's where the 'out of range' sneaks in.

I very much appreciate you giving this a try in the meantime, I should have some sort of fix soon, just need to figure it out...

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
Hi enjoying the mod so far I haven't had any issues, tho admittedly I haven't been playing from the start day i tried from afrter the krell fight for the princess rescue as i sucked at that event even with the tutorial. So I just wanted to say thanks for the mod :D

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
Me and my big mouth :FacePalm: jinxed myself i guess

i got this error

```

While running game code:
if l.found:
if i == l.ID:

Full traceback:
self.call("execute")
callback(self)
self.update()
if l.found:
if i == l.ID:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Space Journey X 120_11
Sun Dec 31 05:05:17 2023
```

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
zimbono

Yeah, that relates to the problem I'm working on now. I understand the issue now, I just need to figure out a workaround.

Give me a bit!

zimbono

Aug 13, 2018
zimbono

Yeah, that relates to the problem I'm working on now. I understand the issue now, I just need to figure out a workaround.

Give me a bit!

its all good, i am guess it was something similar to the error with the Ylyee quest error just above where i put my proverbial foot in my mouth? still enjoying the mod either way.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
its all good, i am guess it was something similar to the error with the Ylyee quest error just above where i put my proverbial foot in my mouth? still enjoying the mod either way.
Short form, yes, same issue. Specific 'Rendezvous' locations are designated for such missions, that only show while that 'quest mission' is active. It's not treated the same as other missions, and as such isn't appended to the 'missions' list, which I didn't understand before. About to test a fix now.