• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

QSP Abandoned Schoollife [v0.4.4 fix5] [Samantha & Ps1x]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Cablebunny

Apr 24, 2017
Yeah I have tried translating the game, the yandex and other translators don't seem to work anymore, it just keeps saying it can't find a translation for every line. the Most I've gotten was like 0.3% translated.

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
yah i cant use qsp tools anymore, my problem is that the log shows the cyrillic as random gibberish like windows does if you dont have the proper language pack installed so it cant translate it

Tomiko

Aug 3, 2017
this game is playable? i just kept get errors about this or that is missing. yeesh.

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
unfortunatly thats been broken for some time now
It semi works .
Like i have Version: 0.4.7 with fix # 17 And translated menu's (manually)
But if i would like to translate it semi automatically , i would need to translate around 65k lines of words (dictionary)
And it would insert them to correct lines .
But there is no auto translate . so thats that . Im not gonna translate 65k lines manually :D

To be more specific :

School.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WildHunt

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
It semi works .
But if i would like to translate it semi automatically , i would need to translate around 65k lines of words (dictionary)
But there is no auto translate . so thats that . Im not gonna translate 65k lines manually :D
By semi work do you mean you can run qsptools but it doesn't translate anything, cause that's the problem I have. when I watch the command window it shows the Cyrillic as garbage. Also are you saying you have a copy with just the menu translated or fully translated

Sawazumin

Nov 29, 2018
It semi works .

To be more specific :

View attachment 1093169

So if you had a dictionary file/whatever, you'd be able to auto translate? bc theres a dictionary floating around somewhere.

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
By semi work do you mean you can run qsptools but it doesn't translate anything, cause that's the problem I have. when I watch the command window it shows the Cyrillic as garbage. Also are you saying you have a copy with just the menu translated or fully translated
1. It does translate , u just need to make a Dictionary and MANUALLY (the 65 000 lines of words)
It however does not translate the Dictionary , and there is no auto way to do it , no matter which method u chose :/
I tested that on a very small Rus QSP game (took 20min to attempt to translate) But it either does nothing , or deletes the words.
When i make a Dictionary for that game (was 500 words) it did work .

2. Menu's only (made that manually , not machine translation)
So its useless shit .

P.S:Actually ,not just menu's , but also Teacher principal student traits some descriptions ,and so on.
But outcomes are untranslated , like u kiss a npc and the kiss interaction is translated , bud the outcome would be Rus cyrillic.

So if you had a dictionary file/whatever, you'd be able to auto translate? bc theres a dictionary floating around somewhere.
If i had a Dictionary , it would take me a hour to translate the whole game . + around 2 more for corrections (to make it look better and possible bug tests/repairs)
So With Dictionary it would be translated the same day easily .
Problem is , that the Required dictionary needs translation itself , and there are 65 000 lines of words .
Each line around 10 words on average , so 650 000 Rus words to Eng . And there is no way to auto that :(

Last edited:

Sawazumin

Nov 29, 2018
1. It does translate , u just need to make a Dictionary and MANUALLY (the 65 000 lines of words)
It however does not translate the Dictionary , and there is no auto way to do it , no matter which method u chose :/
I tested that on a very small Rus QSP game (took 20min to attempt to translate) But it either does nothing , or deletes the words.
When i make a Dictionary for that game (was 500 words) it did work .

2. Menu's only (made that manually , not machine translation)
So its useless shit .

P.S:Actually ,not just menu's , but also Teacher principal student traits some descriptions ,and so on.
But outcomes are untranslated , like u kiss a npc and the kiss interaction is translated , bud the outcome would be Rus cyrillic.

If i had a Dictionary , it would take me a hour to translate the whole game . + around 2 more for corrections (to make it look better and possible bug tests/repairs)
So With Dictionary it would be translated the same day easily .
Problem is , that the Required dictionary needs translation itself , and there are 65 000 lines of words .
Each line around 10 words on average , so 650 000 Rus words to Eng . And there is no way to auto that :(

That really sounds like a weird issue... mainly because i'm dumb as hell hahaha. But basically if you had a translated dictionary you'd be good??

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
That really sounds like a weird issue... mainly because i'm dumb as hell hahaha. But basically if you had a translated dictionary you'd be good??
Yes , ehm no . Well let me explain :D
A Dictionary is a file used by QSPtoold.
The translation itself can be done by Google or Bing or other translators. (i tend to check with 3 translators before deciding to translate a file ,and then apply the most appropriate)
And the Dictionary is a file used specificaly by QSPtools ,to swap Cyrillic RUS words for Alphabet ENG.
And the Dictionary file needs to be translated (650 000 words) And then can be auto applied is they are translated .
So it makes translation faster ,to apply automaticaly on matching words :)

Heres the file that would need to be manualy translated , Because the Auto translation does not work :

Last edited:

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
Yes , ehm no . Well let me explain :D
A Dictionary is a file used by QSPtoold.
The translation itself can be done by Google or Bing or other translators. (i tend to check with 3 translators before deciding to translate a file ,and then apply the most appropriate)
And the Dictionary is a file used specificaly by QSPtools ,to swap Cyrillic RUS words for Alphabet ENG.
And the Dictionary file needs to be translated (650 000 words) And then can be auto applied is they are translated .
So it makes translation faster ,to apply automaticaly on matching words :)

Heres the file that would need to be manualy translated , Because the Auto translation does not work :
S
Qsptools (when it worked properly) automatically translates the game code using an online translator(eg. Google/Yandex/ect) of course you needed to export the game to a txt2gen file(essentially just a normal text file) using qgen first

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
S
Qsptools (when it worked properly) automatically translates the game code using an online translator(eg. Google/Yandex/ect) of course you needed to export the game to a txt2gen file(essentially just a normal text file) using qgen first
Ofc
Otherwise u would get no Dictionary if u had no source :D

But the auto translation does nor work , and that's the main problem .
But translating it with the use of a Dictionary , is easyer than digging directly in the QSP file , and translating it that way.

Till naw , i was doing it manually directly in the QSP file . But its a shit work .
Meby if i find an easyer way ,i would full translate it.

Sawazumin

Nov 29, 2018
Ofc
Otherwise u would get no Dictionary if u had no source :D

But the auto translation does nor work , and that's the main problem .
But translating it with the use of a Dictionary , is easyer than digging directly in the QSP file , and translating it that way.

Till naw , i was doing it manually directly in the QSP file . But its a shit work .
Meby if i find an easyer way ,i would full translate it.
I was mainly asking for clarifications due to the old translated dictionaries people used to put out on the tfgamessite, just making sure I know what i'm digging for before digging for it I guess :p. I'll have a look now, and get back if I end up finding anything.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes