VN Others Completed Sakura Sakura [v3.2F95] [Hiqosoft/Sol Press]

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I will give it till noon tomorrow or 10 hours from now for me, to see if this update shows up on my steam client. If it doesnt, I may need someone to upload their version (if you own it). But I am also not sure where to see any update info is posted.

Reactions: ef24tas

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I am currently going through all the system files and translating all the error messages. This will make all our lives easier when if one pops up. Machine translation WOOOO!

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Update

Images are now compressed to under 1GB in size. Currently working on compressing the sound files. There are over 49k/69k that need to be compressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: prika1

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Mosaic is nothing to do with Steam nd everything to do with the devs being Japanese and censorship being a legal requirement.
only for domestic releases, international it's not required, but many companies are too cheap to do 2 versions. that's why we have jav that's not censored at all, it's for international release only, the domestic version is censored cuz of stupid prefectural laws that somehow supersede national law.

Reactions: superelmo

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
only for domestic releases, international it's not required, but many companies are too cheap to do 2 versions. that's why we have jav that's not censored at all, it's for international release only, the domestic version is censored cuz of stupid prefectural laws that somehow supersede national law.
Most releases are censored, it's not often censorship is removed internationally.

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Alright guys, gals and others who identified as you are. Will have this upload late tonight or tomorrow late afternoon. Game is now compressed without losing quality. It went from ~4.7GB to 2.39GB extracted. I tried to convert the videos to m4v instead of mpeg but the engine only suports mov format. If the videos would be re-encoded, it would shrink to 1.75GB or around that. I wasnt able to use webp for the images or a format other than ogg for sound. So it should be able to run where ever.

Changelog v3.3F95
Sakura - Sol Press
- Fixed an issue where the animation in the opening scene wouldn't display quite as expected.
- Added a fix for a rare bug where the game could give you an error when launching if you previously exited the game while in fullscreen mode.
- Corrected some small text related issues.

F95zone - Ryahn
- Removed some code to optimize
- Removed more steam code
- All images and sound compress to reduce size
- Machine translated all error messages and popups
- Hopefully I will only have to provide updated files from here on out

Last edited:

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Most releases are censored, it's not often censorship is removed internationally.
heh it's not removed, it's added shortly before they master dvd/bd.. that's why in some games removing it is easy cuz it's added in a seperate layer so it can be easily removed. there are also various things to remove it from video, tho 1 really good one will never be seen again, it removed it completely excepting blurred censoring but mosaic was completely gone. so sad the dev was forced to delete the code and never sell it again...

Reactions: superelmo

ef24tas

Aug 16, 2018
This game has uncensored images, though. But only few people in Sol Press has them, because developer asked to censore them again by unknown reasons.
Doodler said:
The game has mosaic censorship, this being the first time I had to apply it myself. The instructions were clear, 14px blocks, outlines must not be visible. Neat thing is that at 1440x1080 a 14px block covers a lot less than at 800x600, so effectively it is reduced mosaics.

It was a bit jankey under the mosaics, but not anything like Da Capo levels of bad. They tried very hard to get permission for mosaic free, but it was not meant to be I suppose ;_;
From twitter.

Alright guys, gals and others who identified as you are. Will have this upload late tonight or tomorrow late afternoon. Game is now compressed without losing quality. It went from ~4.7GB to 2.39GB extracted. I tried to convert the videos to m4v instead of mpeg but the engine only suports mov format. If the videos would be re-encoded, it would shrink to 1.75GB or around that. I wasnt able to use webp for the images or a format other than ogg for sound. So it should be able to run where ever.

Changelog v3.3F95
Sakura - Sol Press
- Fixed an issue where the animation in the opening scene wouldn't display quite as expected.
- Added a fix for a rare bug where the game could give you an error when launching if you previously exited the game while in fullscreen mode.

F95zone - Ryahn
Will you upload not compressed version? Personally I don't mind +~2gb of space, but with original quality even if it's a little differences.

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
This game has uncensored images, though. But only few people in Sol Press has them, because developer asked to censore them again by unknown reasons.

From twitter.

Will you upload not compressed version? Personally I don't mind +~2gb of space, but with original quality even if it's a little differences.
If you have the previous version, just use the patch

theBigM

Jul 5, 2017

Changelog v3.3F95
Sakura - Sol Press

F95zone - Ryahn
Thank you for your work, but is it normal that the version 3.3 is still not uploaded ?

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Thank you for your work, but is it normal that the version 3.3 is still not uploaded ?
I got very busy with work. I will get it up when I can

Anaë Yuurei

Oct 1, 2018
Nope, the game don't start.
But savefolder is created with various file on it.

edit: nvm, here is console log:

Reactions: moszter