• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Onhold Sacred Profane [v0.1] [Midnight Arrow]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Mcdewbie

Apr 21, 2021
This title I'm guessing is from a non English speaker or a translation. English is a wonderful language when used correctly. Profanity and profane similar but used in entirely different context. The title is a oxymoron as the word Profane is the antithisis of holy or sacred so the title makes no sense whatsoever and structurally just sounds ackward and poorly thought out. GL with the game and your night school ESL class.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The description makes it sound as though femdom is going to be the main thrust of the story. Probably some "loaning" of the sub to others (including maybe men), but the main dom sounds like it is going to be a woman who rescues the MC from her predicament.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
This title I'm guessing is from a non English speaker or a translation. English is a wonderful language when used correctly. Profanity and profane similar but used in entirely different context. The title is a oxymoron as the word Profane is the antithisis of holy or sacred so the title makes no sense whatsoever and structurally just sounds ackward and poorly thought out. GL with the game and your night school ESL class.
The whole point of the title (and at least the start of the story) is the dichotomy between the "sacred" (how her community wants her to live) and the "profane" (how she wants to live). The oxymoronic nature of the title is thus fitting and makes sense when you realize that they are two adjectives, not an adjective and a noun. Titles can be like that. I know of a restaurant and club called "Skinny Fat" which is also a title with two adjectives and no nouns. Perhaps you should be the one taking the night school ESL classes. Then maybe you could also learn to spell big words like "antithesis" and "awkward."

JessicaCollar

May 19, 2018
for a 0.1 it was quite some content and i really enjoyed myself
kinda recognized myself a bit in the main character, so i'm looking forward to future versions

Mcdewbie

Apr 21, 2021
The whole point of the title (and at least the start of the story) is the dichotomy between the "sacred" (how her community wants her to live) and the "profane" (how she wants to live). The oxymoronic nature of the title is thus fitting and makes sense when you realize that they are two adjectives, not an adjective and a noun. Titles can be like that. I know of a restaurant and club called "Skinny Fat" which is also a title with two adjectives and no nouns. Perhaps you should be the one taking the night school ESL classes. Then maybe you could also learn to spell big words like "antithesis" and "awkward."
I stand corrected. Touche Joe Steel. I still don't like the way it sounds. But good on ya for pointing out my error/s. My bad.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I stand corrected. Touche Joe Steel. I still don't like the way it sounds. But good on ya for pointing out my error/s. My bad.
I was a bit of a jerk but your "ESL classes" crack (to a developer who is a far better writer than either of us) deactivated my "be nice" gene.

DannyCCC

Oct 30, 2019
I like a few of the music pieces in this, especially the flashes.ogg. Are they made just for the game or is there a way for me to find a few of them online?

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Fantastic, incredible, and all the other good adjectives.
This is terrific and amazing and I'm looking forward to more.

However, there is one rule of Visual Novels (that goes double for AVNs) that the Dev should know.
There should be a new image every 2-3 lines of "dialogue" (whether actual dialogue or narration.)

It can be small changes - just moving the camera in the same room - or large changes, but the image needs to change more frequently to keep the reader/player interested.

Other than that, perfection, sublime bliss, etc.
I'm really impressed with this game (and that doesn't happen very often.)

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
You are correct in that Durkheim was French, so the sacred-profane dichotomy was named by a non-English speaker. But you are incorrect in that a quick Google search would have shown the term has been in use for at least a century and wasn't made up for this VN.

I like a few of the music pieces in this, especially the flashes.ogg. Are they made just for the game or is there a way for me to find a few of them online?
Go to the main menu and click "About". Or check the ogg metadata.

Dom_D

Feb 20, 2021
"too early to masturbate" ?!? "I need the cover of night to wallow in my disgusting perversion" ... ....... ... I can't even comment beside a *facepalm*

What else? Only missionary and only in the bed? xD

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes