RPGM WIP [RJ01099098] Magical Girl Breasty - English Translation

xellos49698

Nov 4, 2017
Right, that is why I really dislike MTL, because when someone makes one, the game is much less likely to get a real translation later.

AionZav

Jul 19, 2021
Do some of u have a full save this has a final in svscomics already yet some are still in Japanese but it was playable already but it do have some errors cause I play it

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
I get a
TypeError
$gameVariables is not a function
after that fight against three robots in the shopping mall which gets auto-triggered as soon as you leave the school area after the first 100% rift boss battle against that blue robot. Now what?

Fucking python and its untyped, pardon, "dynamically typed" garbage bullshit. REEEEE

Also debug.log is spamed full of:
[0629/224243.333:ERROR:settings.cc(325)] Settings version is not 1
but I can't spot anything related to this crash.

EDIT: tried again (clever me saved right before leaving school) but instead I went for a study session at school first. Did the auto-triggered fight again, and this time everything went smoothly. Now that's odd. Why would the code take another branch now? Well, whatever. Let's keep going...

btw. the "field trip event" triggered at your desk at school that now becomes available isn't translated yet.

EDIT, EDIT: played a bit more, and all of a sudden I've got DEBT and I don't know why or what is even going on anymore, because translation suddenly stopped after the first act or so, and there's still plenty of game ahead from what I can tell... bummer.

Translation Status: 111/~1200 maps complete
ahhh, my bad.

Last edited:

xmaterial

Nov 10, 2017
Has anyone run into a bug where the screen remains black when you go to sleep? not a single error pops up, but it just stays there and i cant seem to carry on

stonefred767

May 15, 2023
I get a

after that fight against three robots in the shopping mall which gets auto-triggered as soon as you leave the school area after the first 100% rift boss battle against that blue robot. Now what?

Fucking python and its untyped, pardon, "dynamically typed" garbage bullshit. REEEEE

Also debug.log is spamed full of:

but I can't spot anything related to this crash.

EDIT: tried again (clever me saved right before leaving school) but instead I went for a study session at school first. Did the auto-triggered fight again, and this time everything went smoothly. Now that's odd. Why would the code take another branch now? Well, whatever. Let's keep going...

btw. the "field trip event" triggered at your desk at school that now becomes available isn't translated yet.
It's written in Javascript, but yeah it seems like most runtime errors can be resolved by doing what you did. I had one where the study node's event wasn't initialized or something like that when loading from save, but it fixed when I left the room and came back (which reloads the map).

And yeah the translation only goes up to phase 1 so far, I'll have some phase 2 events out this weekend.

Reactions: petersenk

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
It's written in Javascript
ahh, right, right. The other popular "dynamically (proto-)typed" shit language... Nothing against shitty scripting languages used for actual (small and still shitty) scripting jobs (e.g. in games that don't hang/crash just because there was some shitty script...), but writing your games in those shitty scripting languages to begin with is fuckn retarded. Oh well...

I'll have some phase 2 events out this weekend
No need to hurry. I wont touch this again until everything is translated (somehow I assumed everything is already auto-translated by machine as a starting point that gets refined/corrected in further incremental steps... but I'm just retarded again and that's clearly not how you guys operate... btw. so far the translation has been really good, can't complain.)

Anyways, thanks for your service and have fun. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: stonefred767

mofu2x

Oct 10, 2020
writing your games in those shitty scripting languages to begin with is fuckn retarded
Well, RPG Maker has chosen the language for the dev. Anyone who knows better isn't going to be using that as a platform for things. Sometimes things just need to exist even if bits are jank.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
fuckn clouds.jpg
mofu2x: back in my time one used to write his games (or faggot "engines" for that matter) in C (carefully), while using some Lisp/Scheme dialect for mission scripting and stuff, properly sandboxed and all, so you didn't have to give too much of fucks.

Granted, things are not as clear with things like RPGM maker and it probably wasn't a mistake to let people write their games in python (or js). But it's still fucking retarded, no matter which way you look at it: the future is gay and we have to go back.

AionZav

Jul 19, 2021
Has anyone run into a bug where the screen remains black when you go to sleep? not a single error pops up, but it just stays there and i cant seem to carry on
U just have to click A to go to map same happens to me some errors and bugs

Dec 8, 2023
Of course the mods would take the facepalm reaction away a mere couple of months before it would be sorely needed. Why do I expect anything better from this shitpile of a website?