• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

xxxxdave

Feb 13, 2018
Hey there I'm getting this message when I try start up the game
Error: No storage adapters found
Is there any fix?

Reactions: Kroximer

Kroximer

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2018
Hey there I'm getting this message when I try start up the game
Error: No storage adapters found
Is there any fix?
That error means that you're blocking the browser storage required by the game in order for it to work properly. It tends to happen if your cookies are disabled. Try going through your browser settings and allowing cookies, it should work.

Kroximer

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2018
Hey @recursionen , I like what you've done with the interface, and I'm honored that you chose to work on Rimhaven in your free time. I would like to go into some technical details with you via direct messages.

Reactions: B2B2

Kroximer

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2018
New build is online:

I would like to thank @recursionen for his excellent work on the UI, the game looks much better now.

Rimhaven v0.392 Changelog:

-UI overhaul by recursionen
-Added encounter with Minerva (unlocked after playing the introductory first match of Snowball)
-Added location: Blood Angels Testing Facility (BATF)
-Added experimental pills numbered: 3,4,6,7 and 9 to the BATF
-Reworked Tutorial (How To Play) to include the new icons provided by recursionen

As always, any feedback you can provide is more than welcome. You can contact me directly here on the forum, or at Kroximer@gmail.com

Northwind

Mar 8, 2017
I believe I found a bug: when exploring the Blood Angel's facility after being captured I broke into a room to evade a medbot then attacked it when it entered - I succeeded the skill check and the description said I would be able to proceed yet there were no options available to me so I had to reload.

Kroximer

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2018
Hotfix version is up:

Rimhaven v0.395 Hotfix changelog:

-Fixed button alignment when talking to Cole
-Fixed not being able to leave Minerva's office before asking a question
-Fixed Blood Angels HQ West Corridor passage exit
-Fixed credits gain after completing drug trials at BATF

Jun 5, 2017
This game is pretty wonderful! Is there a way to support its development, or at least keep tabs on it? Playing it makes me want to try my hand at a similar Twine-based effort.

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
So im wondering if there are more forced failures when you get the "option" to choose like with the change position thing in the intro? It immediatly turns me off from actually exploring this game if this is how its written. Seriously, dont give options if they are hardcoded failures. :confused:

Kroximer

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2018
Thanks @followmyleader, I'm planning to start a Patreon for the game soon.

@BlackCheshir, text only for now, could change in the future.

@KEKBUR, such forced outcomes are quite rare in the game, most notably the intro has a few to showcase what it looks like when you fail, and that sometimes you don't get to control a situation, no matter your confidence/skill, as is the case in real life. There are also other reasons for it, which become clear if you advance a few passages. That said, there are class specific quests, skill specific paths through the main story, faction reputations, and optional sidequests with multiple endings. Currently, I'm working on a sandbox type hub zone with numerous optional activities. Give it shot, I think you will like it.

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
@KEKBUR, such forced outcomes are quite rare in the game, most notably the intro has a few to showcase what it looks like when you fail, and that sometimes you don't get to control a situation, no matter your confidence/skill, as is the case in real life. There are also other reasons for it, which become clear if you advance a few passages. That said, there are class specific quests, skill specific paths through the main story, faction reputations, and optional sidequests with multiple endings. Currently, I'm working on a sandbox type hub zone with numerous optional activities. Give it shot, I think you will like it.
I see. I would personally prefer the story to not give you an imaginary option but rather continue the story on the path that is inevitable. Giving you fake options is just dishonest in my oppinion, especially when they are made to look like they are tied to your skillset/abilities etc.

That being said, I love the idea of the game and it seems well written. :)

EDIT: The idea of a sandbox environment sounds like an excellent idea!

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote