[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Indigo only has a single sprite set up, her role is mostly informational. So she will still show up, without the alternate backstory. Other sprites were made/generated, but require a bit of Photoshop work.

As for shift/floor managers (currently Erotica and Exotica), that feature will be default functionality when Level 4 upgrades are performed.

The plan is to set up 'backstory' flags that choose different dialogue options, and also define different list values for the Lexicon, when I get that for. I'm still working on backbone related stuff...

Speaking of which, I'm about to rework the Lexcorp Defenses screen to be a bit more in line with other screens (GS/MB/Lex's Quarters/Legion Interface). This should solve the 'lingering buttons' issue that occasionally pops up.

I'm also about to add another optional rule after discovering an issue with Batgirl. Batgirl's progression is stiil a work in progress, as work on her stopped mid-stream. Essentially things are currenly set up so that girls earn one corruption point each for performing each activity at the GS/MB at least once. So if you skip say all of the MB performances, the corruption progression will come up short on points, as Batgirl will have a negative corruption level when her device is upgraded to Level 7/is unlocked and she's sent to the Lexcorp Quarters.

So the plan now is to set up conversations so that the slack can be overcome via 'extra' conversations and such, and also to set up an optional rule that increases the length of cooldown if a corruption point assigned for skippng an activity hasn't been earned yet. The idea is that performing at the MB while in 'locked down' mode/device levels 4-6 makes it a bit easier for the Lexcon AI to predict and modify behavior, otherwise more time must be spent evaluating a girl's mind in preparation of the next upgrade.

One reason for this was to account for 'unlearned sub-conscious behaviors' changing the nature of the cell progression. Some players may want for Lex to be the only one to be allowed to have sex with a Heroine, or at least the first shown ingame, hence they may choose to NOT have a specific Heroine to work at the Meta Bordello at all. Reduced income is an obvious downside here, but in my mind it should have other ingame effects.

Anyways, yeah looking into what I want do do with this concept now...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, another interim build...

Here are the links for the SU ReImagned Proof of Concept Gameplay Demo, version 0.28.3:

PC:

Mac:

This is another interim beta build. I'm sharing it mainly so that others that are currently working on SU ReImagined stuff have an updated build to work with.

Those that are brave enough to betatest this are welcome, feedback is appreciated.

Details regarding the latest changes and additions have been covered the previous posts. The 'quick rundown' that explains various gameplay elements is now rather extensive, for those that don't mind reading through such things.

Also feel free to check out the Lexicon, accessible via the Lexcon Mobile Interface > Access Info button along right edge of city map screen.

I spent a little more time on Batgirl.rpy, setting up a, more or less, full corruption progression for other coders to reference. A lot of 'placeholder' scenes for now, with missing sprites, etc. Hopefully someone can pick up where I left off.

I also adjusted the layout and screen code of the Lexcorp Defenses screen, hopefully I've solved the 'lingering button' issue.

Quick note for those looking for an Android version.

Hang on for a few more weeks, the plan is to reach out to the Android port types once a few more things are worked out. This particular version, as I noted, is intended to bring other coders up to speed r.e. where I have things on my end atm.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I seem to be getting a bunch of errors whenever I try to plan a heist
I need screenshots of your errors. Also, new game or existing save? A number of variables have been changed under the hood, which existing saves may or may not have issues with. Also, is this with SU ReImagined v0.28.3?

Playing v0.28.3, noticed a visual bug just after speaking with the princess in the bathrooms of the glamor slam:
View attachment 3353212
Not surprised, will look into this. Since 0.28.3 was released, I've already been tweaking the position transforms in the Glamour Slam to deal with another issue, as there were extra fades in some of the dialogues, and I've also since set up two new offscreen positioning transforms that I'm experimenting with atm. Renpy gets weird with transforms sometimes, even when you specifically spell out where you want things to start and end.

As an example:

Code:
Show Lex:
    xpos 2500
    yalign 1.0
pause 0.25
Show Lex:
    ease 1.25 favorright #favorright s positioning that we use in SU ReImagined all the time, the associated transform was set up over a year ago.)
Well you'd think that Lex would be placed offscreen to the right, and then ease in from the right side of the screen, but instead he enters the screen from the upper left corner... Ummm what?

As I said, experimenting with this now, using xcenter instead of xpos seems to help, again not sure why...

All of this because the 'with easeinright' etc. positions happen too fast for my liking, 0.5 seconds for an 'ease' transition is waaay to fast IMHO,
that's almost 'speed force' speed...

In any case, yeah there will be a 'text only' patch incoming shortly dealing with this particular issue. BTW, the reason I just re-uploaded everything for 0.28.3 instead of doing a patch is because I added a bunch of new images, and it was easier to just re-upload everything instead of trying to remember what was new...
o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: osanaiko

betazu

Sep 27, 2017
I got this error when i'm trying access "manage girls" screen while Lex is resting in his quarters

EDIT: oh sorry, i found whole management screen can't be accessed

While running game code:
File "game/gsmbrecordkeeping.rpy", line 11, in script
call screen managementscreen
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
return __get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _m1_00action_data__get_field
raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable currentgig does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 456, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
[Previous line repeated 6 more times]
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 584, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 968, in per_interact
if self.is_selected():
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 956, in is_selected
return is_selected(self.action)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 398, in is_selected
return any(is_selected(i) for i in action)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 398, in <genexpr>
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 401, in is_selected
return action.get_selected()

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.28.3
Thu Feb 15 15:21:30 2024

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I got this error when i'm trying access "manage girls" screen while Lex is resting in his quarters

EDIT: oh sorry, i found whole management screen can't be accessed

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 456, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
[Previous line repeated 6 more times]
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 584, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 968, in per_interact
if self.is_selected():
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 956, in is_selected
return is_selected(self.action)
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 398, in is_selected
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 398, in <genexpr>
File "D:\FF\SU_ReImagined-0.28.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 401, in is_selected
return action.get_selected()

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.28.3
Thu Feb 15 15:21:30 2024
For now, the workaround for this is to go to the Profile screen, select a different girl, then go back to the management screen, You should be able to enter the management screen at that point and it should work normally. The variable DOES exist, Ren'Py is just being weird. This error is rare, but I'm looking into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: betazu

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
What AI is used for getting something unlimited like art???
I'm using Stable Diffusion, with a LoRA (add-in model) trained by another F95'er on SR7's work.
If you'd like to know more about it (bearing in mind you'll need a decent graphics card), feel free to DM me.

As a bonus, have some of the (not in the game) GS waitresses who clearly work hard for their tips...
00158-2666761605.png 00176-2666761623.png

deadshots2842

Apr 30, 2023
I'm using Stable Diffusion, with a LoRA (add-in model) trained by another F95'er on SR7's work.
If you'd like to know more about it (bearing in mind you'll need a decent graphics card), feel free to DM me.

As a bonus, have some of the (not in the game) GS waitresses who clearly work hard for their tips...
View attachment 3363239 View attachment 3363246
I don't really know much about art and drawing I just asked casually to maybe try myself later. What kind of GPU we talking? I got rtx 3060 (12 GB). Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimwalrus

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
I don't really know much about art and drawing I just asked casually to maybe try myself later. What kind of GPU we talking? I got rtx 3060 (12 GB). Thanks for the reply.
Without derailing the thread, that's probably the price/performance sweet spot right now. It's what I use anyway - vRAM is more important than CUDA cores (e.g. a 12GB 3060 is better than an 8GB 3060ti)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I want the other Harley to have stuff to do, so I took a crack at designing a suit for her:

Harley2b_suit.png

She needs an outfit to wear when managing the Lexcorp offices, which is one the roles assignable as one of Lex's consorts.

Others might be able to come up with something nicer, it would also be nice to have a limo driver outfit for her.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so a status update r.e. SU ReImagined...

I've been waiting on others that were working on a couple of characters, and someone had a side plot idea that they were working on. Not pushing, this is a volunteer effort, just mentioning this to let people know that I'm still excited to see what they come up with. Note that this content could be shared separately as 'girl packs' or whatever.

As for me, I'm planning to share my latest build soon. It's mostly under the hood tweaks, and sets up a couple of things, such as two sets of costumes for girls, i.e. which outfits are available at the GS/MB versus the wardrobe available via Lexcorp Quarters interactions.

I had hoped that others would have Raven and/or Superwoman content ready by now, as I'd like to get the 'Summoning' path implemented, and also because I need a third consort (Harley 2 and/or Superwoman) to unlock the Lexcorp offices in the way I have planned.

FYI, for those that may not know, Lex has a group of loyal consorts (Mercy is the first) that can be assigned to various duties. I came up with this to give the gals that are working for Lex willingly something to do when not being banged by Lex. The first two duties are Lex's aide and Legion Hideout duty.

I was just pondering just now giving a 5% bonus to missions & contract success odds if the consort assigned to Legion Hideout duty (if Mercy isn't pulling double duty), IF they aren't assigned to a mission or contract themselves. Easy enough to code...

Anyways, yeah the Lexcorp Offices is the third available duty, after Aide Duty & Legion Hideout Duty. Aide & Hideout Duty must have someone assigned at all times, I'm thinking of also making Lexcorp Offices duty mandatory as well once the offices are open. I'm also planning on assigning a cost to re-open the offices, to help soak up a small bit of the mid-game income.

In any case, yeah I may add a Superwoman placeholder for now, until others are able to tackle her content. Same for Harley #2.

I'll be moving on to my next project on March 1st, which will put my work on SU ReImagined on the backburner for me for now. I'll still help out, but others are waiting on my other projects, and those have chapters that I need to complete.

As for what I'm seriously considering as it relates to ReImagined, the idea of doing a 'supers' type game with Daz Studio continues to appeal to me. Much as I do appreciate SR7's artwork, if I have a choice of transcribing existing content versus making new stuff, well new stuff wins out every time for me.

The nice thing about Daz Studio is that it's MUCH easier to change outfits on characters, just add the new outfit and re-render. And once the outfit is added, well you can make as many poses as you want. SR7 art is hand-drawn, which takes a lot of time, particularly as you have to re-draw the outfit for each pose.

So, as I've noted before, I'm mostly leaving transcripion efforts to others, as I already have too many ideas and a bunch of other stuff I want to do. My mission here has always been to set up the framework so that others could run with it.

I'll still work on ReImagined, well it's supposed to be a team effort, so others need to help out too! All the help so far is very much appreciated, but this is an ongoing effort so more effort from others is needed going forward.

That's about it. For those looking for existing content, do check out xMendoza's SU Rebuilt(2), it's a bit farther along than ReImagined in that regard. Some of the Rebuilt(2) transcribed content could be ported into SU ReImagined, but I'm not the guy to do that, there's too much else I want to do right now...

I'll post a new version in the next couple of days before I move on to my next project, which is re-constructing my Daz Studio install. I have an 18TB backup drive ready to go, and makng backups is my first priority... I'll still help out here of course, emphasis in the word 'HELP', but it'll be a bit before I get back to this full force.

That's it for now!
OhWee
:cool:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A mini-update.

First off, Something Unlimited: Themyscira, an 'official' release from GS Games, has been released. Details here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-themyscira-v0-30-beta-gunsmoke-games.197185/

It's mainly just a Ren'Py port of the SU Themyscira arc content, and it sounds like there's not a lot of new content added, but hopefully SR7 continues to hammer away at this to develop the story further.

If you like SU, feel free to support GS Games if you are so inclined!

---

Also, for anyone that may be checking out this thread for the first time, a new version of SU ReImagined will be released in the next few days, so I'd recommend that you hold off on downloading SU ReImagined until I'm ready to share the next release. It's close, but not quite ready atm.

I DO suggest that you check out SU Rebuilt(2) in the meantime. It has more sexy fun time content currently, if such things interest you. SU Rebuilt(2) is the 'more faithful' port of SU Unity, while SU ReImagined is trying out a few new ideas...

---

Back on topic:

So I spent the last couple of days fine tuning the code in a couple of areas, and have a few additions incorporated:

1) I added two new modifiers to heist and capture attempts.
  • The base odds for heist and capture attempts are reduced by 1% every 7 game days. The idea here being that as more criminal activity is reported, more resources are slowly being shifted to law enforcement efforts by the citizenry of Metropolis 69. So, for example, on day 70, there's a 10% lower chance of successful heist and capture attempts. This is to shift the focus to higher powered henchmen in the mid/late game.

• Once Harley has joined Lex's ranks as once of his consorts, in current ReImagined releases, you have the option to assign either Mercy OR Harley to Legion hideout duty, with the other gal being assigned as Lex's Aide. In any case, if the consort assigned to Legion Hideout duty is not assigned to any heist or capture attempts, and is not busy doing other things (say special missions), a 5% 'oversight' bonus is added to heist and capture attempts. Essentially, the Legion Hideout consort is helping in the planning of the missions, to help increase the chances of success.
2) As noted above, I reformatted some text on the Legion Hideout interface, and you'll now see the 'oversight' modifier appear if Harley/Mercy isn't busy.

3) I'm still working towards getting at least one summoning example working, so that Harley 2's introduction can be accomodated. I'm also working on some related 'pre-cell' conversations that relate to this. I also decied to call Harley #2 Harles, which is what Ivy often calls her in the Harley Quinn animated series. This is to help reduce confusion when Harley #1 and Harley #2 are in the same room...

4) I spent some time fine tuning the Glamour Slam & Meta Bordello manager implementation. I needed to do a couple of adjustments under the hood to fix a couple of issues. I also found a clean and simple way to check for non-existent variables for various characters, which will come in handy in the future.

All this means that I need to spend a little more time to get a couple more things set up. Your continued patience is most appreciated!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another quick update.

So, I figured that it'd be helpful to show the effects of fatigue as it relates to income on the GS/MB management screen...

Su_ReImagined_MgmtFatigueMod.jpg

The tiny percentage shown above the fatigue bar in each slot is the income modifier for each gal that is working.

So for example, Tink will have a 91% reduction to nightly performance income (9%) while Black Canary, who is only slightly fatigued, will only have a 1% reduction to nightly performance income.

This should help players when trying to judge just how a gal's current fatigue level affects things.

As for Stripperella and Sluttarella, the modifier shown is the amount her income bonus modifier is adjusted. In this case, Stripperella is still getting her full 15% manager modifier, while Sluttarella (who has an extra 0.5 points of fatigue in this case) has her manager modifier reduced slightly, i.e. 14% instead of 15%.

Still plugging away at a couple of other things, so the next update will be delayed a bit longer, as I need to get a couple more things into place to 'unlock' the Lexcorp Offices.

More help is always welcome!
:cool:

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Another quick update.

So, I figured that it'd be helpful to show the effects of fatigue as it relates to income on the GS/MB management screen...

View attachment 3405766

The tiny percentage shown above the fatigue bar in each slot is the income modifier for each gal that is working.

So for example, Tink will have a 91% reduction to nightly performance income (9%) while Black Canary, who is only slightly fatigued, will only have a 1% reduction to nightly performance income.

This should help players when trying to judge just how a gal's current fatigue level affects things.
Can I make a suggestion? Maybe reverse the bars? Every game that I play I want to keep Stamina up, or Health Bar filled, same with Mana. I looked at the bechambers row and thought 'Well Tink still has loads in her bar, let's use her'. Reading your explanation I understand now what you are showing but how many people RTFM? :). Convention has us trying to keep a bar filled, maybe go with that?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote