[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
I think the same instead of a fatigue bar it would be easier to have a stamina bar that decreases

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Can I make a suggestion? Maybe reverse the bars? Every game that I play I want to keep Stamina up, or Health Bar filled, same with Mana. I looked at the bechambers row and thought 'Well Tink still has loads in her bar, let's use her'. Reading your explanation I understand now what you are showing but how many people RTFM? :). Convention has us trying to keep a bar filled, maybe go with that?
I think the same instead of a fatigue bar it would be easier to have a stamina bar that decreases
In this context, the goal (in my mind) is to keep the bar empty, the idea being that excessive amounts of color in a bar indicates that you should pay attention.

The fatigue stat starts at zero, and the amount it reduces income is a squared function, i.e.

1.0 - ((fatigue_level * fatigue_level )/ 200) = income multiplier
so 5 fatigue * 5 fatigue = 25,
divide by 200 is .125,
1.0 - .125 = .875, or 87.5% income
200 was picked as 14 x 14 = 196 (almost 200), and 15 fatigue drops your income multiplier into the negatives.

Thankfully, the gal will be automatically be sent home to get rest if her fatigue stat is too high, and there's also the 'on call' system that rotates out gals with a fatigue level that is higher than the 'on call slot' threshold, if another gal is assigned to 'on call' that can replace her.

14 essentially translates to 14 days of dancing before a gal is fully worn out. Other activities require more exertion, so say playpen/orgy is 1.5 fatigue per day, or 9 days of orgies, with full exhaustion setting in on day 10...

The difficulty slider adjusts the 'fully exhausted' target with a multiplier (say 1.1) to the current base fatigue stat, fyi.

Occasionally, a gal may be in multiple battles with baddies when crime fighting, which can push her fatigue stat above 15. You may have captured a gal that you immediately had to assign to multiple days of bedrest to reduce her fatigue. I've been pondering adding a 'health' stat that tracks physical damage/degradation that takes weeks to heal, instead of days with just fatigue, the idea being that Lex may need to arrange for intensive care for a week or more if a gal has a bad run. And pushing the fatigue stat past 14 results in a 'health/hit point' of damage, but that's down the road a bit...

Anyways, that's my 'developer logic', as the goal is to keep fatigue at/near zero. There's already a lot of color going on on the management screen, so black bars helps you focus on the cute gals...

That being said, I can add a mod switch under game options that 'flips' the bar easily enough, I'll add it to the list for future updates for those that prefer a full bar instead of an empty one, but there's a bunch of other stuff on my to do list already so it'll be a bit.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note.

I have a Daz Studio install up and running again, although I haven't set up my dedicated rendering rig yet. It's ready to go, I just need to install Windows and a bunch of programs and transfer my Daz Studio install over.

Just for fun...

I'm planning to set up a few characters in Daz Studio, and do my own thing.

As for SU ReImgained, I'll probably release one more update when I'm in the mood to write a few more scenes, and leave the 'girl packs' thing to others if they are interested in working on those. The backbone is mostly in place now, and since Gunsmoke Games is now officially porting things over to Ren'Py on their end, well that's what people will be more interested in anyways.

I'm currently focused on two other projects, and also working out the details of my next big project. While I don't mind playing in other people's sandboxes, I'm ready to move on.

SR7's artwork is nice and all, but expressing my artistic heart is still a Daz Studio thing, and I'd rather render characters in Daz Studio, and frankly do not have much interest in transcribing existing content from somebody else's game.

So yeah, one more update for SU ReImagined for now. I may come back to it later, but it was always supposed to be a group project thing.

Back to other stuff!
:cool:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Is it easy to edit the game in renpy ? Like adding your own content ?
Somewhat, I'd almost go as far as fairly easy. The big issue is setting up the image calls for existing sprites. We do have some layeredimage code available for basic conversational sprites, but as for sex scenes and such, yeah you'd need to either assemble the sprites or (preferably) work out the layered image code for said sprites.

At the moment SU Rebuilt(2) by xMendoza, also featured in this thread, is a bit further along, so it might be easier to work with that code. I'm focused on other things currently, it'll be a bit before I come back to this, assuming there is still interest in SU ReImagined at that point.

Last edited:

deadshots2842

Apr 30, 2023
I'm using Stable Diffusion, with a LoRA (add-in model) trained by another F95'er on SR7's work.
If you'd like to know more about it (bearing in mind you'll need a decent graphics card), feel free to DM me.

As a bonus, have some of the (not in the game) GS waitresses who clearly work hard for their tips...
View attachment 3363239 View attachment 3363246
I finally installed sb in my pc i want to know more about lora and how to make artwork. Thanks

deadshots2842

Apr 30, 2023
I'll DM you later today, got a few things to sort out first, mostly medical.
Also I've installed sb with comfyui so I hope process and everything is same like with python. And also I'm nub at writing prompts I'll need more details there. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: xMendoza

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: haooni
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote