Unreal Engine Project Bounded [v0.6] [Fireblade185]

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Again a fucking unreal engine game, it starts, my super fast computer, completely turned in a 8086 cpu or so. Only for a fucking picture...
hate to tell you this but your "super fast computer" isn't.
I had an average of 60-90FPS had it drop to about 40 at some point but also spikes of 180 when looking at the ground lol
I have a
3080ti
32GB ddr4
and the game on a fast NVME SSD.
not sure what resolution the game uses since there is no menu but I also have a 1440p screen.

Now to the game itself, it isn't really one at this point except for the one broken go-there quest there is nothing to do. It needs a lot of work. At some points, it also looked like I could see waves peek out of the grass needs some adjustment of the water or land height. And some actual story and or stuff to do.
I'm also kinda conflicted about the sci-fi building do they look kinda cool yes but I don't think they fit into the environment unless you plan to make the whole area look more alien. and they have no collisions since they were made for cinematics.
still, hope you manage to make something with it.
for the poll, I go with A.

Reactions: Unknow_XY

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Why do I get the feeling you understood everything I've said the other way around?
I've spent the last two years finding and learning the right tools...
Look, i have been around long enough to see a repeated sequence's enough times to doubt everything.
Your optimism is admirable, much like Derelicthelmsman's was when he started out.

Unreal is not what its hyped up to be. Never has it reached the lofty aspirations it claims to.
The fact you released this "test" without any kind of debugging, options, logging or toggles is clear enough to me.

Im not saying stop, im not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just saying, be realistic.

Reactions: .Sirene

Raspy

Feb 22, 2020
Unreal Engine when used by a competent developer can run beautifully, even with high graphics. I mean, it can run on almost all platforms from smartphones, switch right up to PC. The engine is fine, and having worked with it myself for 4 years, I can vouch that this "game" is probably filled with the highest poly count models and absolutely zero idea on optimsation.
Yeah I think a lot of "devs" buys assets and stuff but cant really implement it right loading all the textures variants from asset to game and so on so it's running like shit.
I get it's some peoples first game and probably learning the ropes but some never optimize

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
Hi everyone. So... I have a proposal... As probably most of you noticed reading the comments, there are a few thing needing polish or down right removed completely:
- Cargo bay waypoint not registering, even after the struggle of getting to it;
- Waypoints are hard to notice from further distances;
- Annoying invisible walls;
- Karla following your movement makes it harder to find the right spot to start the dialogue;
- Ray Tracing is ON by default, so it makes the game unplayable on most rigs;

The idea is that these can be changed by tomorrow, that is Tuesday, GMT+3, (I am enjoying a day off so...) but, the way the game is cooked and deployed right now, will mean downloading the entire thing again.

Considering that for this week's update, scheduled for Friday, there will be released for public testing the following:
- An expanded dialogue with Karla, whom you can ask and she will explain, in an... interesting way, WTF is this thing you're seeing on your monitor;
- voice acting and facial animations (don't expect Oscar performances, though);
- Photo mode;
- Save and load system;

my proposal is to wait until the scheduled day, to include all of the above, solve the bugs and, also, honor the other requests of the community, especially the options menu.

So, let's simulate a poll:

A. Ok, I know you're bullshitting, but I'll wait until Friday to rip your head off, you lying p.. of :poop:. Muhahahahahaaaaa :devilish:.

B. Just give me a dammed unbugged playable thing. You have until Tuesday to deliver! Unless...#$@&#%/!@ :mad:.

OK? So? What will it be?
I'd recommend that as well as working on your "game" you should probably work on your attitude too.

Fireblade185

Jan 4, 2018
Look, i have been around long enough to see a repeated sequence's enough times to doubt everything.
Your optimism is admirable, much like Derelicthelmsman's was when he started out.

Unreal is not what its hyped up to be. Never has it reached the lofty aspirations it claims to.
The fact you released this "test" without any kind of debugging, options, logging or toggles is clear enough to me.

Im not saying stop, im not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just saying, be realistic.
You know, at first, I thought you might have a point, but now I see you just want to be in the "Unreal Engine is crap, I just know" category and you really don't have any idea about it, just googled opinions of it versus Unity or some other software. First off, all that "debugging, logging" stuff... May I ask you how can you build the game if it's bugged? And, by the way, a gameplay bug is a developer input mistake, in this case, the non-registering waypoint, a caps letter in a tag that slipped and it's totally different from a game bug, that would not allow you to build the game in the first place. So you're far off. Also, you seem to be in that "all knowing" category, that only takes from one's answer just the things he can turn around in his favor and throws an answer, just to have a final word. Well, you can have it. I just wanted you to know that, for the past two years, this game was built in 4.26, 4.8, 5 Preview, 5.0 and I even have a 5.2 variant, just to test the new features, so, vhen the version will be compatible with what I want, I'll be able to migrate. So, yeah, I think I kinda know why I've chosen Unreal Engine, especially the 5.1 version for public release. Please, stop thinking that Ren'py, RPGM and Unity are the only engines meant for adult games and stop driving people away from the games built in Unreal Engine games by saying something you've read somewhere or what someone said, without any actual knowledge on a forum. Thank you!

Fireblade185

Jan 4, 2018
hate to tell you this but your "super fast computer" isn't.
I had an average of 60-90FPS had it drop to about 40 at some point but also spikes of 180 when looking at the ground lol
I have a
3080ti
32GB ddr4
and the game on a fast NVME SSD.
not sure what resolution the game uses since there is no menu but I also have a 1440p screen.

Now to the game itself, it isn't really one at this point except for the one broken go-there quest there is nothing to do. It needs a lot of work. At some points, it also looked like I could see waves peek out of the grass needs some adjustment of the water or land height. And some actual story and or stuff to do.
I'm also kinda conflicted about the sci-fi building do they look kinda cool yes but I don't think they fit into the environment unless you plan to make the whole area look more alien. and they have no collisions since they were made for cinematics.
still, hope you manage to make something with it.
for the poll, I go with A.
K. Thanks for the feedback!

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
K. Thanks for the feedback!
I get that you're personally attached to this project but, you have to stop looking at it as personal attacks and take the feedback, no matter how critical it is. The harshest critic will always be the artist, for sure - but ultimately, when you're hoping to make it in the adult gaming industry - as you yourself have said - you're going to have to take the good with the bad.

Whether you like to hear it or not, this game is not good in its current form. And, I do believe if you put in some more work and get rid of those god awful "beautifying" plugins, and adjust the settings to work with lower end systems - we could all benefit from it.

Take a step back, gather yourself and think about the next steps logically. Take your emotion and feeling out of the equation, it's clearly not helping anyone here.

Fireblade185

Jan 4, 2018
I get that you're personally attached to this project but, you have to stop looking at it as personal attacks and take the feedback, no matter how critical it is. The harshest critic will always be the artist, for sure - but ultimately, when you're hoping to make it in the adult gaming industry - as you yourself have said - you're going to have to take the good with the bad.

Whether you like to hear it or not, this game is not good in its current form. And, I do believe if you put in some more work and get rid of those god awful "beautifying" plugins, and adjust the settings to work with lower end systems - we could all benefit from it.

Take a step back, gather yourself and think about the next steps logically. Take your emotion and feeling out of the equation, it's clearly not helping anyone here.
Don't worry, I don't take anything as a personal attack. I knew from the start what I'm going in. It's not my first. Sometimes, though, I like to engage in conversations with brick walls, just to see if I can break them. Trust me, it's fun to try it from time to time :sneaky:. As for the state of the game, don't know if you've noticed, but I posted a comment earlier, acknowledging the things that need to be fixed. The one where it seemed like I had an attitude :sneaky:.

4lewds

Dec 20, 2022
You know, at first, I thought you might have a point, but now I see you just want to be in the "Unreal Engine is crap, I just know" category and you really don't have any idea about it, just googled opinions of it versus Unity or some other software. First off, all that "debugging, logging" stuff... May I ask you how can you build the game if it's bugged? And, by the way, a gameplay bug is a developer input mistake, in this case, the non-registering waypoint, a caps letter in a tag that slipped and it's totally different from a game bug, that would not allow you to build the game in the first place. So you're far off. Also, you seem to be in that "all knowing" category, that only takes from one's answer just the things he can turn around in his favor and throws an answer, just to have a final word. Well, you can have it. I just wanted you to know that, for the past two years, this game was built in 4.26, 4.8, 5 Preview, 5.0 and I even have a 5.2 variant, just to test the new features, so, vhen the version will be compatible with what I want, I'll be able to migrate. So, yeah, I think I kinda know why I've chosen Unreal Engine, especially the 5.1 version for public release. Please, stop thinking that Ren'py, RPGM and Unity are the only engines meant for adult games and stop driving people away from the games built in Unreal Engine games by saying something you've read somewhere or what someone said, without any actual knowledge on a forum. Thank you!

Using ue 5+ engine versions, than the project can be ported quickly with a few clicks of the epics engine launcher you might(probably) have to change some material parameter's nodes, recompile shaders and redo some lighting effects(which you probably encountered in your test 5.2 project)

What features are you waiting for 5.2? I'm guessing plugin support but even those can mostly be recompiled in VS.

As for performance setting aggressive lods and or /both lowering texture quality can help a lot 8k to 4k/2k, draw calls, using nanite. Not using complex collision for everything and making sure to use delays sparingly custom events/by timers/ triggers are frens. Fixing up those materials slots.

Also with hair, groom is bad for performance really have to be aggressive with the reduction on strand count/lods and decimate the verts. You can get really good hair that's rigged and just apply spring bones to the strands and it looks great while also not costing 60 fps for most users.But if groom is something that must be used. Add a toggle in the option menu to simulate groom phsyics on / off.

If you dont plan on having deformation of body meshes during sex to be simulated, you can always use spring bones as well for the breast/glutes/butt. Low cost option vs simulated physics.

anyway keep it up always great to see unreal engine content!

Fireblade185

Jan 4, 2018
Using ue 5+ engine versions, than the project can be ported quickly with a few clicks of the epics engine launcher you might(probably) have to change some material parameter's nodes, recompile shaders and redo some lighting effects(which you probably encountered in your test 5.2 project)

What features are you waiting for 5.2? I'm guessing plugin support but even those can mostly be recompiled in VS.

As for performance setting aggressive lods and or /both lowering texture quality can help a lot 8k to 4k/2k, draw calls, using nanite. Not using complex collision for everything and making sure to use delays sparingly custom events/by timers/ triggers are frens. Fixing up those materials slots.

Also with hair, groom is bad for performance really have to be aggressive with the reduction on strand count/lods and decimate the verts. You can get really good hair that's rigged and just apply spring bones to the strands and it looks great while also not costing 60 fps for most users.But if groom is something that must be used. Add a toggle in the option menu to simulate groom phsyics on / off.

If you dont plan on having deformation of body meshes during sex to be simulated, you can always use spring bones as well for the breast/glutes/butt. Low cost option vs simulated physics.

anyway keep it up always great to see unreal engine content!
Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like the idea of Unreal Engine adult games :giggle:. As for the 5.1 version, I'm still using it because of performance advantages versus 5.2. The last one still has some optimisation problems, at least for me. Same project, 25-30% framerate reduction in the editor. Not to mention constant crashes. So, I've left it for now. I open the project from time to time to see if things improve.

As for naninte... Well, I've just discovered that some of the jungle assets did not have it on. Now, it jumped from 25-29 fps on High in the editor, to 48-50, on Cinematic so... Big one here. I still have, in some parts, a stuttering issue when rotating the camera and I can't find a way to get rid of it... Any suggestions would be useful.

Groom was decimated by 10 by now, for both strands and curves, without any visual loss and also gave a big boost in performance. Wonder if I can make duplicates for lower strands count and feed it, along with the physics toggle, into the Options menu. :unsure: That would help alot performance on lower end configs.

Last but not least, although it's a little more time consuming, body simulations are implemented via morph targets. I've managed to find a good way to transfer them via Blender. Bones are a little trickier, but I'll try this approach on other meshes. Thank you. And, also, noted and will implement a smoother transition for events. I too feel like someone hits me with a truck and pushes me in front of the dialogue partner :ROFLMAO:.

Thank you again and I hope you'll like this week's update. :)

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
In case you were wondering what we've been up to lately :giggle: :

The world definitely looks pretty. Can I ask what hardware did you run this on? And not to be a hater but creating a high-quality world from free assets and actual FUN gameplay are 2 very different things. something about makeup on a pig or polishing a turd don't remember how the saying goes.

Fireblade185

Jan 4, 2018
The world definitely looks pretty. Can I ask what hardware did you run this on? And not to be a hater but creating a high-quality world from free assets and actual FUN gameplay are 2 very different things. something about makeup on a pig or polishing a turd don't remember how the saying goes.
Well, fun gameplay is easy... Dialogue, nice renders... Creating an interesting world is harder. It's hard to get that feeling of scale just from still images. I could turn the thing upside down and make it a Renpy clone, rendered în 4k, where you can click to advance the story, but it would be just cheap. As for the hardware, it was tested on a RTX 3060.

SimpleTimes

Jan 26, 2021
Unreal sells itself as some mystical can-do-anything tool, but when you take it off that pedestal you should be able to see that for every "feature" is a outweighing flaw.
Both Engines can be used to make nice looking games, and there are enough examples of that on this Website, the limiting factor is usually between the Keyboard and the Chair.

The world definitely looks pretty
yea kudos to epic for that...

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ProjectBounded-EP1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: WakamoSato

Fireblade185

Jan 4, 2018
Does anyone know where i can find the assets of the house in the preview?
It depends if you want the house or the assets inside. The assets are from two monthly free packs released by Epic Games, Modern House and Garden Pack. As for the house... Well, you can't find it. It's designed and made by me in Blender...

Reactions: Goblina Lover
1.00 star(s) 2 Votes