Photographer's Delight - WIP Game Discussion

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
haha, cool.. will have to check out your game :D
By all means, please do. We're working on the last parts of a mini-VN Origin Story for our heroine right now which should be out this week (and will likely be on here not too soon after) so you'll have to wait a little I'm afraid. But there will be plenty of shots of the name on the restaurant in it that you can see a lot better... that is if you can take your eyes off the girls.

Anyway, we're not here to talk about my game actually, but the thread's game. So back to that... Barsotti is very nice, does it have a meaning to it when translated? I'm curious.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
By all means, please do. We're working on the last parts of a mini-VN Origin Story for our heroine right now which should be out this week (and will likely be on here not too soon after) so you'll have to wait a little I'm afraid. But there will be plenty of shots of the name on the restaurant in it that you can see a lot better... that is if you can take your eyes off the girls.

Anyway, we're not here to talk about my game actually, but the thread's game. So back to that... Barsotti is very nice, does it have a meaning to it when translated? I'm curious.
alright :D , will keep an eye out for it

BARSOTTI Italian
Meaning uncertain, possibly derived from the Germanic word baro "man, warrior, servant".
that's nice, if not for the MC/Daughters maybe for a side character?

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
You don't say? My villain's first name is Salvatore... he runs and owns the restaurant chain Salvatore's Deli. It's a little hard to see in the dark but you can read the name on the shop sign on the left side of the street. Apologies for the large image insert all of a sudden.
@Vincidon if we do a villain or antagonist (not really something i'd want to do atm though) maybe this guy would work

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
@Vincidon if we do a villain or antagonist (not really something i'd want to do atm though) maybe this guy would work
maybe, and yea a good story needs a villain imo.. will work on it later probably, not something i was thinking about

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
one of these

edit: or maybe

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
one of these

edit: or maybe

possibly one of the models, college professor, college dean, boss of the girls part-time job?
fashion designer that was working on trying to fuck the MC but now the girls are in the way?

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
If you're doing a villain, might I suggest a female antagonist? Maybe a professional rival or boss trying to mess with the daughters to get to the father.
possibly one of the models, college professor, college dean, boss of the girls part-time job?
fashion designer that was working on trying to fuck the MC but now the girls are in the way?
model, designer or rival photographer sounds good to me

Reactions: DarthSeduction

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
also.. just thought of 'Patreon' .. if we had to use them for support, the daughters could easily be from other countries boarding at the MC's guest house for college.. don't like the idea of patreon though, so.... and i like the 'half-sister' idea

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
also.. just thought of 'Patreon' .. if we had to use them for support, the daughters could easily be from other countries boarding at the MC's guest house for college.. don't like the idea of patreon though, so.... and i like the 'half-sister' idea
maybe they are the daughters of a model that trusts the MC enough to send her daughters (still half-sisters) to live with you. IF we have to use patreon.

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
Thinking of villains, what do you think of that ntr stuff? Would be lesbian ntr though... Though since they are family.. If the oldest gets a girlfriend in college Idk if I'd count it as ntr

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Thinking of villains, what do you think of that ntr stuff? Would be lesbian ntr though... Though since they are family.. If the oldest gets a girlfriend in college Idk if I'd count it as ntr
I'm probably unique in this sense, but to me if it is cheating for the girl to be with a guy, then it is cheating for the girl to be with a girl. I don't take kindly to double standards. The idea is to write it as such. It's entirely possible to write your MC as if he was jealous of a woman getting too close to his girl. What usually happens though is the MC is written with only one goal, sex. As a result he doesn't care if his daughter fucks a girl, because that girl is another opportunity for sex. Strangely enough, the game who gets closest to actual NTR with a girl is the game who has the worst NTR character of all time, Big Brother. Alice's Girlfriend acts a good foil for Max for a while anyways, though I think this was a side effect of Dark Silver using grind to replace quality writing.

Now, personally, there's another way to go, and this is my favorite, as it's something I'm introducing as a concept in most of my games. That is making the rules that exist for your MC mirror the rules that exist for the ladies. If the MC is allowed to fuck around, then so too should the ladies in the game. Yes, jealousy is a real thing and there are plenty of hyper masculine hypocrites who think they should be able to cheat but try to claim ownership of their woman's sexuality, but I don't think we as writers should perpetuate that social idea. Liberate your characters. If MC isn't monogamous, then explore polyamory, explore swinging culture, hell, maybe even slut shame the male MC for a change.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm probably unique in this sense, but to me if it is cheating for the girl to be with a guy, then it is cheating for the girl to be with a girl. I don't take kindly to double standards. The idea is to write it as such. It's entirely possible to write your MC as if he was jealous of a woman getting too close to his girl. What usually happens though is the MC is written with only one goal, sex. As a result he doesn't care if his daughter fucks a girl, because that girl is another opportunity for sex. Strangely enough, the game who gets closest to actual NTR with a girl is the game who has the worst NTR character of all time, Big Brother. Alice's Girlfriend acts a good foil for Max for a while anyways, though I think this was a side effect of Dark Silver using grind to replace quality writing.

Now, personally, there's another way to go, and this is my favorite, as it's something I'm introducing as a concept in most of my games. That is making the rules that exist for your MC mirror the rules that exist for the ladies. If the MC is allowed to fuck around, then so too should the ladies in the game. Yes, jealousy is a real thing and there are plenty of hyper masculine hypocrites who think they should be able to cheat but try to claim ownership of their woman's sexuality, but I don't think we as writers should perpetuate that social idea. Liberate your characters. If MC isn't monogamous, then explore polyamory, explore swinging culture, hell, maybe even slut shame the male MC for a change.
Sorry to double post, but a good example of a male MC worrying about the intentions of a female intrusion into his life is actually My Girlfriends Amnesia. It isn't my favorite game to play (should have been made in Ren'Py, not RPGm) but its writing does a great job of creating a male MC who's threatened by his girlfriend's sister. So if you're going to go this route, maybe give that game a look.