Photographer's Delight - WIP Game Discussion

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
Sadly he asked.. They said to ask on the games threads.. I asked on the art assets thread as well.. Hopefully we can find something will search around Daz3D.com but will take a while probably.. Also looking for some View of Family, My Cute Cousin, Parental Love and Babysitter assets.. Got an asset list from Perverteer of Sisterly Lust though.. Will be looking into Rachel and Riley atm for side characters.. Also @Vincidon had luck on the hub and got some photo studio related assets for his other idea, might incorporate some into this game so as to focus on one game over multiple

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Ok guys, I had some additional thoughts on this today. I get you are at the visual design stage right now but it never hurts to think on the narrative side at any given point... in fact it should be considered at all times. Anyway, this is what I was thinking...

I was going to basically re-iterate my previous comments on keeping the names fresh but focusing on the surnames in this instance and this got me thinking. I was going to say don't just go for "Johnson", "Thompson" or "Smith"... or any of those common surnames and then I thought, do the girls all share the same surname? Do they even know of each other? That then lead me on to a scenario that came to mind and I figured I might as well pitch it to you. If you already have this stuff worked out, then don't mind this post, but I don't think I saw it on the initial discussion of the concept.

So the scenario is as follows: The 3 girls all wind up in the same school and in some fashion they end up meeting socially or via common classes, whatever it is you can sort that out. They remark that its unlikely / odd to find 3 girls of the same age and from different backgrounds / ethnicities that share the same name (here a slightly unusual surname will even help you), let alone 3 who are missing their Dad. That topic eventually leads on to the discussion of how they even have some physical similarities and possibly even odd habits in common. By now they all are led the conclusion that they may share a father given the "eerie amount of things they have in common", helped along by the fact that one of them may already be aware of the possibility her Dad has another family from what her mother might have told her over the years (I doubt they all have the same level of lack of knowledge about their Dad). They can all work together from that point to find their Dad and hence the game begins.

I feel this kind of set up has a plausibility about it that is grounded and also makes the premise of the revolve around the pro-activeness of the girls. They each have an identifiable goal (something most character around her lack) of wanting to learn about their Dad and new sisters, even if their motivations for why varies. He doesn't just show up in their lives and they continue to live like nothing happened. The wedge that the game can play off of is how each one wants to interact with their Dad (I assume the MC) which is again based off of their underlying motivations. The player can explore and exploit those cracks in their union if that's the type of game your looking to make, or he can help unify them into a new family style unit, again if that's the kind of game you want.

Ok... that's about it, I've said my piece. I hope it helps with the game concept even if you don't use the idea specifically. Have at it guys... I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
So the scenario is as follows: The 3 girls all wind up in the same school and in some fashion they end up meeting socially or via common classes, whatever it is you can sort that out. They remark that its unlikely / odd to find 3 girls of the same age and from different backgrounds / ethnicities that share the same name (here a slightly unusual surname will even help you), let alone 3 who are missing their Dad.
that would work.
can make it even more interesting, the father used to travel for work ( military,sales or pilot/flight attendant )
that way all 3 kids could be born in a different city/state/country .
and he could have given all mothers the same keepsake ( pilot wings ? nametag ? )

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
that would work.
can make it even more interesting, the father used to travel for work ( military,sales or pilot/flight attendant )
and he could have given all mothers the same keepsake ( pilot wings ? nametag ? )
That could definitly work and would help explain why they would have little knowledge of their father to begin with. Nowadays it's not hard to find somebody from the same general community even with only a little information, thanks to social sites. I would caution thought that if they do come from various and distant countries you'll need to up the ante on how they come together. It would be a lot less believable that they all end up in the same place when they are a world a part to begin with, assuming the father didn't have a role (which will skew the premise a bit) in it or some other specific reason causes the to come together. To the same point, if they all wind up in the same college because it is a world renowned place to study, the girls have to be equally able to pass any entry barrier to the school, otherwise they would be out of place. "No dummies in Harvard" kind of thing, you get me?

Edit: You know, if the Dad really did set up the situation so the girls would meet and possible seek him out, and if you wanted to be really tongue-in-cheek, you culd call the game "The Apparent Trap", just for the laugh

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Ok guys, I had some additional thoughts on this today. I get you are at the visual design stage right now but it never hurts to think on the narrative side at any given point... in fact it should be considered at all times. Anyway, this is what I was thinking...

I was going to basically re-iterate my previous comments on keeping the names fresh but focusing on the surnames in this instance and this got me thinking. I was going to say don't just go for "Johnson", "Thompson" or "Smith"... or any of those common surnames and then I thought, do the girls all share the same surname? Do they even know of each other? That then lead me on to a scenario that came to mind and I figured I might as well pitch it to you. If you already have this stuff worked out, then don't mind this post, but I don't think I saw it on the initial discussion of the concept.

So the scenario is as follows: The 3 girls all wind up in the same school and in some fashion they end up meeting socially or via common classes, whatever it is you can sort that out. They remark that its unlikely / odd to find 3 girls of the same age and from different backgrounds / ethnicities that share the same name (here a slightly unusual surname will even help you), let alone 3 who are missing their Dad. That topic eventually leads on to the discussion of how they even have some physical similarities and possibly even odd habits in common. By now they all are led the conclusion that they may share a father given the "eerie amount of things they have in common", helped along by the fact that one of them may already be aware of the possibility her Dad has another family from what her mother might have told her over the years (I doubt they all have the same level of lack of knowledge about their Dad). They can all work together from that point to find their Dad and hence the game begins.

I feel this kind of set up has a plausibility about it that is grounded and also makes the premise of the revolve around the pro-activeness of the girls. They each have an identifiable goal (something most character around her lack) of wanting to learn about their Dad and new sisters, even if their motivations for why varies. He doesn't just show up in their lives and they continue to live like nothing happened. The wedge that the game can play off of is how each one wants to interact with their Dad (I assume the MC) which is again based off of their underlying motivations. The player can explore and exploit those cracks in their union if that's the type of game your looking to make, or he can help unify them into a new family style unit, again if that's the kind of game you want.

Ok... that's about it, I've said my piece. I hope it helps with the game concept even if you don't use the idea specifically. Have at it guys... I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with
I'm telling you guys right now if you don't do what he's suggesting I will.

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
I would caution thought that if they do come from various and distant countries you'll need to up the ante on how they come together.
they could all have applied for the same (academic/athletics ?) scholarship.
and since the last names ( + first innitial ? ) are the same, there is a little mix up at the school and all 3 of them get in .
it will also cause an issue since all 3 ladies get the same room assigned,and that is how they could meet for the first time.

and if you wanted to be really tongue-in-cheek, you culd call the game "The Apparent Trap", just for the laugh
that made me chuckle ( the original with Hayley Mills )

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
they could all have applied for the same (academic/athletics ?) scholarship.
and since the last names ( + first innitial ? ) are the same, there is a little mix up at the school and all 3 of them get in .
it will also cause an issue since all 3 ladies get the same room assigned,and that is how they could meet for the first time.

that made me chuckle ( the original with Hayley Mills )
That would be a good implementation, sure. Especially if one of the girls is particularly brainy and passes the entrance exams well enough so they jump at accepting her and by extension the others. It's also good to consider as you did that the less intelligent girls might try get in on the back of athletic or other ability. Good stuff.

Yeah, it made me chuckle too... I do like a good pun. Use it if you like.

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018

love the idea :D that works imo
was thinking of giving them all their mother's last names since the MC didn't marry either of the women not plausible imo for them to have his last name

as i said in the OP
During pregnancy and the daughters early years the MC had loose contact with all of them... Till the daughters entered middle school, then the MC lost contact with them.. After some years (after they all turned 18) the three daughters (all are half-sisters) show up at the MC's house or apartment.. They tell him they moved states so there mothers decided to stop contacting him...
so the girls sort of know who there dad is, but doesn't mean they know eachother.. so your idea still works, i'll work on adding it in :D
thinking during the game there could be flashbacks to them meeting each other in school and the like

that would work.
was thinking of going partial off of one of @Vincidon 's idea's and the Dad/MC can be some kind of traveling Studio Photographer, and the keepsake could be one of his ?cameras, or maybe a photo book? maybe and the girls all meet in photography class in high school and that's part of what they have in common..

Edit: the MC could know studio models, fashion models, etc..

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
was thinking of giving them all their mother's last names since the MC didn't marry either of the women not plausible imo for them to have his last name
The photography angle works well. I would agree that they would more likely have their mother's surnames since they are all estranged with their Dad, which is why I was working under that assumption before I came to the idea I mentioned. However I would disagree that it is implausible they would have the same surname. In a converse example, I have a different last name from my mother despite her being married to my Dad over a decade when I was born and they are still together. She simply never changed her name when she was married. Believe me when I say it caused her some very serious legal trouble at the time she had her children simple because their names didn't match... and all this happened in a very developed European country not too long ago. I can easily see them having the same surname name as their Dad, even if it's not the most likely scenario, out of pure convenience / societal pressures / the feelings of the mother etc-etc . Still, it's up yourself on the final call.

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
so........ they will all first look for him, then get to know him all big shocks and surprises.
time to catch up till they slowly fall in love,and fight eachother for him, in the end deciding to share him, they all get 2 days ,and he gets 1 day off to recover ?

I have a different last name from my mother despite her being married to my Dad over a decade when I was born and they are still together. She simply never changed her name when she was married.
my parents never married,she was adament i get his last name, and i have older half brothers from another father,they have their fathers name.
it does depends a lot on the mother i guess :)

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018

as i said in the OP

so the girls sort of know who there dad is, but doesn't mean they know eachother.. so your idea still works, i'll work on adding it in :D
thinking during the game there could be flashbacks to them meeting each other in school and the like

was thinking of going partial off of one of @Vincidon 's idea's and the Dad/MC can be some kind of traveling Studio Photographer, and the keepsake could be one of his ?cameras, or maybe a photo book? maybe and the girls all meet in photography class in high school and that's part of what they have in common..

Edit: the MC could know studio models, fashion models, etc..
was thinking something like Basile (or something italian) for the MC's and the Daughters surname actually..
'loose contact' meaning that the mother's let the MC see the daughters once or twice in three-four months, so the girls only slightly remember what he looks like in a way.. and what is job was at the time
yes, will be using the photography idea :D

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
the photographer route works for seduction,and he still has the original photos of their mothers.
which the girls some day could find .
this could go anywhere !

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
my parents never married,she was adament i get his last name, and i have older half brothers from another father,they have their fathers name.
it does depends a lot on the mother i guess :)

was thinking something like Basile (or something italian) for the MC's and the Daughters surname actually.
That's quite nice and cetainly unique. I also have an Italian-American character who's last name is "Bellocchio" meaning "beautiful eyes". Italian names always have a certain endearing ring to them, no?

the photographer route works for seduction,and he still has the original photos of their mothers.
which the girls some day could find .
this could go anywhere !
I can already see scenes of him getting them to re-create the shots he has of their mothers, much too the same end result. Very nice. I do like it

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
That's quite nice and cetainly unique. I also have an Italian-American character who's last name is "Bellocchio" meaning "beautiful eyes". Italian names always have a certain endearing ring to them, no?

I can already see scenes of him getting them to re-create the shots he has of their mothers, much too the same end result. Very nice. I do like it
my last name is Salvatore.. i agree they do have an endearing ring :D

was thinking something like that, they might get the idea of wanting a photo shoot from their dad after maybe they all spy on a non-explicit photo shoot... then later that same model (or another model) comes back for an explicit shoot and depending on previous choices they might not all spy this time.. and depending on choices again one, two or all will try to get an explicit shoot done
underlined since VN/Multiple Routes has been done alot.. not sure if that's where we should go.. i love that type of game though

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
my last name is Salvatore.. i agree they do have an endearing ring :D
You don't say? My villain's first name is Salvatore... he runs and owns the restaurant chain Salvatore's Deli. It's a little hard to see in the dark but you can read the name on the shop sign on the left side of the street. Apologies for the large image insert all of a sudden.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
You don't say? My villain's first name is Salvatore... he runs and owns the restaurant chain Salvatore's Deli. It's a little hard to see in the dark but you can read the name on the shop sign on the left side of the street. Apologies for the large image insert all of a sudden.

haha, cool.. will have to check out your game :D

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
was thinking something like Basile (or something italian) for the MC's and the Daughters surname actually..
'loose contact' meaning that the mother's let the MC see the daughters once or twice in three-four months, so the girls only slightly remember what he looks like in a way.. and what is job was at the time
yes, will be using the photography idea :D
what about 'Barsotti'?