VN Others Order of the White Rose [Ch. 12] [NephiLongbottom]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
Yeah, I'm gonna be honest, I was interested but when I saw I need to download each chapter separately, I lost all interest. 12 separate downloads? That's ridiculous. What is this, flash games from 20 years ago? You need to consolidate and combine these episodes to have a chance to ever make more than $50 a month. Literally no one wants to download all this. You're already at a disadvantage using an obscure engine aside from unity, rpgm, or renpy.
Uhm... I actually have a job. So getting that $50 a month that you're saying is not really a priority. This game is a hobby.
I also like this obscure engine, cause I built the game from scratch using it and development was much simpler than when I was using unity.

WHY ARE THE CONTENT PACKS SEPARATED FROM THE MAIN GAME?
- I know it's much easier to just have everything in one download, but the reason they are separated is for future chapters.
* This way when a new chapter comes out you only need to download the latest chapter pack.
* If there are bug fixes in the main game, you only need to download the updated main game.
* If there are dialogue updates; like typos and grammar corrections for older chapters, you only need to download the updated main game.

- Right now there are only 12 chapters (13 including the special) available for public, that's around 5.16GB. If a new chapter comes out, you only need to download the new one instead of re-downloading chapters that you already have.

- If you're new, you can just take it a chapter at a time.

- It also lessens the work for me, the developer. For f95zone, the files have to be uploaded to three different file sharing sites.
* If I packed everything in one, that would be around 5.16GB (right now) that I have to upload to three different sites.
* If I have to make even VERY MINOR updates to the game, that would mean that I have to re-upload the 5.16GB to those three different site again.
* Imagine if we're already at chapter 14: That would be around 6.46 GB that I would have to re-upload, to three different sites, if have I had to make some very minor grammar corrections for... let's say chapter 1.
* I don't own premium accounts for these file sharing sites. So uploading gigabytes of data takes me forever to finish.

WHY NOT RENPY?
- Can I do the separate chapter pack model in renpy? I don't think so, I'm not sure.
- For learning. I want to use a game engine that I can also build other types of games with. If in the future I would want to do 3D stuff then I'm already set.
- My game is a kenetic novel. It's not a traditional visual novel where you read walls, and walls of text while staring at the same image of a smiling or frowning character. I'd get a lot of overhead for features that I don't really need if I use an engine dedicated only for making visual novels.

WHY NOT UNITY?
- I used it in an old version of the game. And I didn't like it.
- It was slow to develop in. Just booting unity is slow.
- There are a lot of overhead libraries.
- Adding the features that I like requires me to do a lot of workaround.
- The features that my game have is so much simpler, and easier to do in this obscure engine (Godot).

WHY NOT RPGM?
- The game is a kenetic novel, not an rpg.

You may think that these are excuses but these are actually valid reasons for me to continue making the game. It's also important to see things from the developer's perspective. If you think it's too much trouble for you, that's fine, don't download it. Don't do stuff that you don't like.

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
Uhm... I actually have a job. So getting that $50 a month that you're saying is not really a priority. This game is a hobby.
I also like this obscure engine, cause I built the game from scratch using it and development was much simpler than when I was using unity.

- I know it's much easier to just have everything in one download, but the reason they are separated is for future chapters.
* This way when a new chapter comes out you only need to download the latest chapter pack.
* If there are bug fixes in the main game, you only need to download the updated main game.
* If there are dialogue updates; like typos and grammar corrections for older chapters, you only need to download the updated main game.

- Right now there are only 12 chapters (13 including the special) available for public, that's around 5.16GB. If a new chapter comes out, you only need to download the new one instead of re-downloading chapters that you already have.

- It also lessens the work for me, the developer. For f95zone, the files have to be uploaded to three different file sharing sites.
* If I packed everything in one, that would be around 5.16GB (right now) that I have to upload to three different sites.
* If I have to make even VERY MINOR updates to the game, that would mean that I have to re-upload the 5.16GB to those three different site again.
* Imagine if we're already at chapter 14: That would be around 6.46 GB that I would have to re-upload, to three different sites, if have I had to make some very minor grammar corrections for... let's say chapter 1.
* I don't own premium accounts for these file sharing sites. So uploading gigabytes of data takes me forever to finish.

WHY NOT RENPY?
- Can I do the separate chapter pack model in renpy? I don't think so, I'm not sure.
- For learning. I want to use a game engine that I can also build other types of games with. If in the future I would want to do 3D stuff then I'm already set.
- My game is a kenetic novel. It's not a traditional visual novel where you read walls, and walls of text while staring at the same image of a smiling or frowning character. I'd get a lot of overhead for features that I don't really need if I use an engine dedicated only for making visual novels.

WHY NOT UNITY?
- The features that my game have is so much simpler, and easier to do in this obscure engine (Godot).

WHY NOT RPGM?

You may think that these are excuses but these are actually valid reasons for me to continue making the game. It's also important to see things from the developer's perspective. If you think it's too much trouble for you, that's fine, don't download it. Don't do stuff that you don't like.
I mean, get defensive all you want, I'm just telling you how it is and why I chose not to play your game despite being interested after looking at the overview and images on the OP. Not trying to offend you, but I'm pretty sure most people will agree with me. People are not going to want to download 13 different things to play your game. If you're fine with that and just doing this as a hobby, more power to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: NephiLongbottom

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
I mean, get defensive all you want, I'm just telling you how it is and why I chose not to play your game despite being interested after looking at the overview and images on the OP. Not trying to offend you, but I'm pretty sure most people will agree with me. People are not going to want to download 13 different things to play your game. If you're fine with that and just doing this as a hobby, more power to you, I wish you the best, really.
Defensive? Sure thing buddy :LOL:
I merely stated the reasons why they're separated. If you don't agree, it's okay. It just means it's not for you. And that's fine with me because some people do agree. That's just how life is. I'm not forcing anyone to play the game. Just do what you do. More power to you as well, and I mean that.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
WHY NOT RENPY?
Yes, you can make separate chapters in renpy. There is a reason to why renpy is the most popular engine for vns and kinetic novels. It's the best engine for that work. But you do you.

• Red Heart

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
Yes, you can make separate chapters in renpy. There is a reason to why renpy is the most popular engine for vns and kinetic novels. It's the best engine for that work. But you do you.
I think the second line on why I'm not using renpy might have been omitted on your quote, which is also an important reason why I'm using godot:

Reactions: Griev and Ragnar

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
NephiLongbottom

Thank you for the work you do! It's appreciated.

I like that I only need to download the newest update, put it in the existing gamefolder and that's it.

It's smart and comfortable, saves time and bandwith.

So you do you. :)

Have a good one!

If you only need to download the most recent "chapter pack", why is there 13 different links on the OP? Just remove the old links so people don't get confused. Anyone will look at that and assume they have to download each individual chapter.

You sound like you're a shill. Like, this is the most blatant shill I've ever seen on this website. Last post way back in 2022? C'mon...

Last edited:
Reactions: makcim334

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think the second line on why I'm not using renpy might have been omitted on your quote, which is also an important reason why I'm using godot:
I deleted that part because I wasn't adressing that from yoir post. Like I said if you want to use some engine to learn while you do your game that's your choice.
Anyway, I'm more interested in the models you do than in the engine side of things. It would be better in renpy? Idk but it would be more popular among players because thats the go to engine for vns.

• Red Heart

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017

WHY NOT RENPY?

WHY NOT UNITY?

WHY NOT RPGM?

I am fine with Downlaoding seperate parts at a slow pace as I am playing several games and VN's here . I also have have to eat and sleep and shit sometimes but it appears that several posters here dont. Ignore them!!! I think they might be anally retentive aliens!!!!

• Red Heart

RENSHISENSAI

Mar 30, 2019

WHY NOT RENPY?

WHY NOT UNITY?

WHY NOT RPGM?

I got a question, i use winra to play the storys but for some resion it wont let me transfer the chapters in to the main game file, keeps telling me only winra or zip!!! so how do i get round this so I can tryout your game/story?
Meny Thanks
Ren

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
I got a question, i use winra to play the storys but for some resion it wont let me transfer the chapters in to the main game file, keeps telling me only winra or zip!!! so how do i get round this so I can tryout your game/story?
Meny Thanks
Ren
Hi here's an edited instructions from the OP:

SEPARATE DOWNLOAD METHOD:
1. Download this file , then use or winrar (sorry not sure if it supports 7zip files), to extract the contents.

The main game does not contain any chapter content yet. Chapter contents are downloaded separately. The main game folder will contain a folder named "packs" where downloaded chapter packs are placed.

2. Download , , ,and so on... The downloads contain files named "chapter01.pck", "chapter02.pck", etc.

3. Place "chapter01.pck, "chapter02.pck", "chapter03.pck", "chapter04.pck" in the "packs" folder of the main game.

4. Run "Project SS.exe" in main game folder to play.

5. Press F1 during game play to show the Help Panel. It shows the controls for the game, and how you can easily navigate between the scenes of the game.

If you don't want to do the separate download method, you may want to consider this:
OrderOfTheWhiteRose-0.4.5.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use this thread or join us on !
, Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Red Heart
Reactions: yilkin

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
I deleted that part because I wasn't adressing that from yoir post. Like I said if you want to use some engine to learn while you do your game that's your choice.
Anyway, I'm more interested in the models you do than in the engine side of things. It would be better in renpy? Idk but it would be more popular among players because thats the go to engine for vns.
Cool! Will check it out and consider it on the next game I'll work on. Thanks!

Reactions: Ragnar

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Any idea why I don't have Chapter 1 appearing when I load up the game? It's in the packs folder. Am I missing something?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
If you don't want to do the separate download method, you may want to consider this:
Just swapped the torrent for this one, with added CH12 pack
OrderOfTheWhiteRose-0.4.5.1CH12
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes