• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Others - Order of the White Rose [Ch. 12] [NephiLongbottom]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JohnF95zone

v0.4.5.1 Chapter 9 ( played on Linux )

Overall, this Kinetic VN is well made, it has barebone features that are good for performance and light on resources but sufficient for pleasant experience. I hope more features will be added in future. Current features includes but not limited to Save, Load, Quick Save, Quick Load, and Scene Selections.

Storywise, it is good enough, and the only way to enjoy it is if the player doesn't take it too seriously and let loose for the most part of it:LOL:. It has high level of absurdity ( humor, lewds, characters ):p. The MC, Shura is quite likeable, at least nothing stands out to hate him for IMO. Supernatural, superpower and magic elements are usually being used as plot devices for lewds and/or pushing the characters out of their comfort zones, but there are also the mystery aspects of it, especially surrounding Shura. Personally, I tried to keep up with the story but then I realized it was futile because the story is secondary to the lewds, so I just enjoy the lewds instead:ROFLMAO:. I mean, it is a Kinetic VN, in the end it doesn't really matter if I get the story or not:p.

+ 'Renders' are really good as per Honey Select standard.
    + Same with animations, which are also smooth and hawt.
    + The female models are hawt.
    + Female variations: Elf, Witch, Human, Succubus, Demon, Monster Girls etc.
    + Good English.
    + Simple intuitive UI.
    + 'Modular' game install, separate base game and contents, which I like very much due to efficient updates.
    - No musics or sounds.

Looking forward to Shura's next misadventure.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

pachinko jones

Very surprising game. I'm largely copying my review from the original version, with some updated tweaks, as this version is a solid improvement.

A lot of the models look the same and have maxed-body-slider-itis, which normally puts me off. There are no choices, no standard save states, and the story is ridiculous.

But I'll be damned, it all just works, and it's just dang fun. The scenarios are so over-the-top and campy that it works, and the giga-boob models fit that theme. And as the story has progressed, I've found myself in Shura's shoes, hoping for more and more Silvia scenes, especially where one or both of them is a little uncomfortable with the scenario at first. Also I've thought about it, and for a linear story, this is actually a better system than the standard Ren'Py saves. No more having 17 saves and not remembering which is which, being able to just jump instantly to the scene I want is great. And while I typically prefer sandbox or multi-choice games, having a linear experience every once in a while is a nice change of pace, especially when so many other games make too many branching narratives and then give up when they realize how much extra work they created for themselves.

Also for this kind of game, the writing is really solid, with actual decent jokes throughout. Shura complaining about the pockets and then Meera instantly commenting on them, for example, cracked me up.

For newcomers: the first chapter is maybe the weakest story-wise (just a personal opinion but I liked the original framing a little more), so give it another chapter or so if it doesn't pull you in right away.

But anyways yeah I'm writing this review because I keep habitually checking the site to see if new chapters have been added, so if that behavior doesn't qualify a game for 5 stars, idk what does.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

FFTW

This game is definitely an interesting experiment, with more positives than negatives.

The art is definitely a standout. It is really well made and beautiful. The writing is good too. The story is enjoyable and it contains a nice mixture of serious scenes, humorous scenes, and H scenes.

Honestly, the main negative is the engine this game was designed in. For some reason it was not made in Renpy but in another engine called Godot. That means that you pretty much don't get any of renpy's options (dialog history, settings menu, etc). Heck, you don't even get to save your game. Now, there is an option to jump straight to any scene you want, but that won't help you much if you get busy for a bit and forget where exactly you were in the game (Edit: A save system has been implemented. There are still issues with the saves, but hopefully they will be fixed with future updates. The engine still lacks lots of Renpy's features and settings though). The engine issues (and the fact that the game doesn't have any music or sounds at all, which could very well be another issue of the engine) are the main reason that I deducted a point.

Still, the engine issues can be tolerated (though I definitely hope that the dev will fix some of them in the future) and as a game it is pretty enjoyable and recommended :).

PS: For anyone who is confused by the many download options, you should download the "Main Game" and all of the "Packs", then extract the "Main Game" folder, go to the "packs" folder inside it, and put all of the pack files you downloaded in it. Then whenever a new chapter pack comes out you just need to download the "Main Game" (if its number changed) and the new chapter pack and move the rest of the packs you already have to the new main game's packs folder. I know it is a bit confusing, just another quirk of this weird engine.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Lerd0

review for version 0.4.0

The game is super duper painfully meh, the renders be meh, sex scenes are kinda nice tho, but most of the other content is quite lacking. the humorous scenes are hit or miss. I really liked the previous abandoned game more..

good luck to the developer