• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed My Girlfriend's Amnesia Unofficial Ren'py Port [selectivepaperclip]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Side question: is there a fan-art for this game? I think I pretty much got this character figured out, but I want to compare a little to people who may have something different

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Does anyone else see nothing but a black screen after the introduction?
Yeah same here - tried both full and compressed versions. Everything hangs after the line about having a photo of the two of you in the bedroom
What platform are y'all playing on? Windows? Linux? Mac?

If you messed with the game at all to get it to run (like running one of the Mac conversion tools on it), you need to make sure to use RenPy 6.99.14 instead of RenPy 7.x because the rpgm2renpy tool is not currently compatible with RenPy 7.x.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
-Make the location stars be more obvious, or (if possible) animated.
That's a good suggestion, I know I had trouble seeing them on the bigger maps when playing. Animating them properly might be hard because I haven't dug into how the RPGM map animation stuff works at all. I could maybe overlay them with big garish green squares or something instead but I'm hesitant to code up something weird like that just for this game.
-I understand that rollback is disabled because of weirdness of the port, but perhaps you could allow rollback 2 or 3 times to simply re-read accidentally missed text? Perhaps even allow rollback until just after the previous choice or map, so you're not rolling back any variables.
You can experiment with the mostly-working rollback feature yourself by removing these lines from /game/options.rpy
Code:
    config.hard_rollback_limit = 0
    config.rollback_enabled = False
    config.keymap['rollback'] = []
after a restart rollback should (sorta) work, though you may need to play a little bit after reloading a save before it will kick in.

It will usually only be able to roll back to the last map screen.
I've seen it do really weird things though like cause scenes to loop if you roll back too vigorously, so mousewheel at your own risk.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I've added a patch to the OP that includes the 'i' key / rpgm_game_data.json inventory fix, and fixes the issue with not being able to return to the game from the Gallery Mod map.

Reactions: bas

GodTier

Feb 8, 2018

Overview:
Version of in RenPy​

Updated: 2018-10-16
Game/Creator:
Developer: selectivepaperclip
Version: 0.7.6
Game Version: Final
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Features:

Installation:

Gallery Mod:

Turning on NTR:

I've tested through a full playthrough, but there may still be cosmetic issues and bugs.
Please report issues and I'll try to fix them!

Download:
- - - - -

by @Qleaf

• Fixes issue with the inventory (settings menu) not being accessible (use the 'i' key)
  • Fixes error when leaving the gallery mod if you have the gallery mod installed

SEE ALSO:
You sexy MotherFU**** you !!! always wanted to replay but couldn't be arsed with the rpgm side of things.
PRAISE :eazyHype:

Griseld

Mar 3, 2018
i got code 401 not implemented error.. whats wrong?
I have same problem. Using Windows10 . Message appears when i press the "i" key (or cursor keys). After applying patch, to activate it is needed to go to the dump bin outside the house. Patch is loaded in the inventory, but to activate it the "i" key need to be active....

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I have same problem. Using Windows10 . Message appears when i press the "i" key (or cursor keys). After applying patch, to activate it is needed to go to the dump bin outside the house. Patch is loaded in the inventory, but to activate it the "i" key need to be active....
I think this should only be happening if you press 'i' or one of the arrow keys while a textbox is up.

Someday I'll fix it to never give those errors, but for now I think if you just wait until no textboxes are on the screen to press 'i' things should work OK.

Reactions: Manisha90

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

My Girlfriend's Amnesia - Unofficial RenPy Version [v0.7.6 pre-patched] [selectivepaperclip] - Original Size: 1.83GB

Download PC (345MB): - - -

Note: I uploaded a crunched version earlier, but wasn't happy with the quality (totally my fault for compressing already compressed assets). So I re-downloaded the original game and used those assets, and added the v0.7.6 patch too.

giornalino

Mar 28, 2017
you need to make sure to use RenPy 6.99.14 instead of RenPy 7.x because the rpgm2renpy tool is not currently compatible with RenPy 7.x.
Oooooh. Ok, I'll give that a try. Usually, I just run the Ren'py program itself then use it to open whatever Windows version I donwloaded.

EDIT: Works! Awesome, thanks!

hotte

Mar 23, 2017
Don't know if it's a bug or just not supported, but I miss the annoying music used in the original. But nice to see, that some games werde re-released, even unofficial, in renpy.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Can someone define the NTR in this version which is set to being disabled rather than let us choose in the menu like in the original? Like can you go get a soda with the sister and the girlfriend won't have sex? Or does that option just not appear at all?

I don't really like NTR but I feel like this is a partial game and you have to jump through hoops to enable something that should be enabled by default. then like in the original you just pick the non NTR options. Pretty simple.

EDIT: Ok I see a patch has been provided, simplifying things.

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
So this is is a literal copy and paste of the game just to RenPy? Other than the dev having fun of the challenge to port it, what is the uspide of playing this over the RGPM version?

I would love to play a real re-made RenPy version of this masterpiece but as of now from comments, it seems like this is just an RPGM game in RenPy.

Ratata21

May 6, 2017

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

My Girlfriend's Amnesia - Unofficial RenPy Version [v0.7.6 pre-patched] [selectivepaperclip] - Original Size: 1.83GB

Note: I uploaded a crunched version earlier, but wasn't happy with the quality (totally my fault for compressing already compressed assets). So I re-downloaded the original game and used those assets, and added the v0.7.6 patch too.

you are a legend

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Do you think this conversion can produce a Mac port, or is that overly optimistic at the moment?

Reactions: borof95

vultron

May 19, 2018
This game is pretty good but it also made some pretty stupid decisions in my opinion the game constantly makes your decisions pointless particularly the decisions related to not cheating.

You choose not to cheat with someone and then even though you make that choice that exact scenario fucking happens anyway and you can't get out of it like fuck off with that shit. lol

Let me cheat or not cheat stop making it happen when I choose no and if you do make it happen give me a way out like god damn why would the dev think making our choices pointless was a good idea? lol

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes