VN Ren'Py Completed My Girlfriend's Amnesia Unofficial Ren'py Port [selectivepaperclip]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
In a subdirectory of my Documents folder, which is where I run almost all my Renpy games. Specifically, the actual app resides here:

/Users/[myusername]/Documents/v/my-girlfriends-amnesia.app/Contents/MacOS

Is this like the Chloe games in which I need to run it from my Desktop?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
In a subdirectory of my Documents folder, which is where I run almost all my Renpy games. Specifically, the actual app resides here:

/Users/[myusername]/Documents/v/my-girlfriends-amnesia.app/Contents/MacOS

Is this like the Chloe games in which I need to run it from my Desktop?
I think so. The few hits on this error I've been able to find say it's because it's in the Documents folder. I'm running it from a folder on my desktop, and it works fine.

I would expect it to try to create the rpgm cache in /Users/[myusername]/Documents/v/my-girlfriends-amnesia.app/Contents/MacOS/autorun/rpgmcache, but it's doing it in /private/var/folders/******/my-girlfriends-amnesia.app/Contents/MacOS/autorun/rpgmcache

Reactions: Segnbora

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I just moved it to the Deskop and now it's launching. Thanks so much for your help. I know you're overwhelmed by tech support at the moment, so I appreciate it.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I just moved it to the Deskop and now it's launching. Thanks so much for your help. I know you're overwhelmed by tech support at the moment, so I appreciate it.
You're welcome!

I'm overwhelmed by reading all the threads I subscribe to! :) @selectivepaperclip has put a ton of work into these. Making them run on the Mac is fairly simple - just throw in the necessary patches, put them in the Ren'Py SDK (latest 6.99) and build the Mac distributions. Then, of course play. Er, test! Yeah, test! :closedtongue:

Reactions: Segnbora

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018
NTR is a necessity for this game, great question. I put a note at the bottom hopefully will clear that up.
@selectivepaperclip -
I've been refraining from saying something, but I'm a bit of a stickler for titles and designations and such. I've seen quite a few "official ports" coming out recently which is awesome. I hope this trend continues. The back-and-forth and lunkiness for RPGM games reminds me of the days playing on my Atari 2600. But there are tons of great creative out there no doubt.
Anyways, I appreciate your works and don't want to sound too critical but I think there should some standardizations to set expectations what submitters mean by Renpy unofficial ports. Put it blunty, I was a bit shocked to see the overhead interactions look like they were copied and pasted into the REnpy framework. I've never seen this in a port, which is a good thing cuz the one thing that I think Renpy fixes with RPGM. I wish I had more time to read all the rules and regulations for f95zone, but I got too many games to play. Please understand that I am not criticizing your works so much but the title of the submission. I really don't think it should called "an unofficial port" as your works is different from every port I have seen. My goal is really to optimize the user experience on f95zone. Again, thank you for your works.
da buzz killer

How add NTR:

Make sure to install the 0.7.7 patch below.
You should be able to use the 'i' key to access the 'Settings' menu from the inventory, which has the NTR setting.

Lecastel

Aug 15, 2018
@selectivepaperclip hey man thanks for the renpy port,but can you make an android port for this?i just want to repeat it with gentleman and jerk route..the one with the66 wont work with me cuz ive got an android 5.1,his port made using 8.0 oreo.

rev33

Jun 6, 2017
Damn, the NTR in this game is really good to my liking. Thank you for porting this game to renpy.
And please recommend me another game with good NTR.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Eh?

Ren'py is just an engine, it doesn't have any point other than to be used as a platform to build on. You making up your own definition of a games engine doesn't make it so.

It's a port over of an existing game, it still needs to trigger the events or it would just be a scene viewer with no story.
Well there's that Anna game which had plenty of walking which is removed in the Ren'py remake.

I personally will wait for the official ren'py remake.

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
Well there's that Anna game which had plenty of walking which is removed in the Ren'py remake.

I personally will wait for the official ren'py remake.
You will be waiting forever then as the Dev is never going to remake the game in Ren'py, The walking around is necessary in this game as kink scenes were found whilst walking.

Reactions: UncleVT

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
You still have to navigate to points on the game map, but it's presented as clickable areas the MC navigates to instantly instead of requiring you to navigate the character around with the arrow keys and wait for them to get from point A to point B.

For example, this is what one of the map screens looks like:
View attachment 163705

I still think this is an improvement over RPGM because you get some of the RenPy features like being able to speed through text and save anywhere. Additionally, available hotspots are always highlighted on the map so you don't need to go booping your RPGM man around on all the shelves and dressers etc to see what's important (less important for this game than for others).

I recognize this isn't the ideal interface, but replacing the map parts with something else to join scenes together would be a lot more manual work.
I'm actually glad that was asked. That explains things a lot better. I remember looking for say..the bar and it took me forever. Oh I think it was the convenience store. So it's nice you just click the location now.

You will be waiting forever then as the Dev is never going to remake the game in Ren'py, The walking around is necessary in this game as kink scenes were found whilst walking.
@SolarEclipsed So I take it he was in communication the uploader then?

Still that's a good point. I questioned coming of age getting a Ren'py remake on the Elena remake page as it's too non linear. But keeping the walking, I guess it's possible.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Still that's a good point. I questioned coming of age getting a Ren'py remake on the Elena remake page as it's too non linear. But keeping the walking, I guess it's possible.
The game referred to in the link is the MGA DLC which will add on to the good boyfriend route's ending. It will be in Ren'Py, as is the dev's latest game, .

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017

I am a $30 a month patreon and that is for the DLC of the game or part 2 if you like he is not remaking the initial game in Ren'py but the second part
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
where the new version will pick up from

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
You can experiment with the mostly-working rollback feature yourself by removing these lines from /game/options.rpy
Looks like rolling back removes whatever scene is displaying and shows the map, with the scene's text overtop. Not really ideal.. but I guess it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Oh.. it stopped doing that after I played a little.. I see what you mean now. Thanks!

thmcjr

May 18, 2018
It's deliberately disabled because it doesn't play nice with all the craziness I'm doing in Python that makes this port work. I could try bringing it back now that I've fixed some of the problems that were causing it to break, but I wasn't sure how many people actually use it.Does "not working" mean they rolled back too far, or they crashed completely?

If you've got an example of a situation where this happens reliably I'd love to track it down.
The Primary thing I use the back button for in Ren'py is if I accidentally pick the wrong option. I do that sometimes, and my biggest complaint on RPGM games, and why I usually avoid them, is that selecting the wrong button by accident means I have to go back to my last save in order to fix it. If it'll break the game, then obviously leave it broken, I just wasn't sure why it didn't work.

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes