• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed My Girlfriend's Amnesia Unofficial Ren'py Port [selectivepaperclip]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

magus448

May 22, 2018
The game claims you can disable NTR, but you really can't. :/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, what's the point of a choice to skip it of it happens anyway? I think some scenes' dialog could be changed up a little after the scene if you skipped.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Though I have no idea how much work that would be since I only just got past the first skip scene and found the dialog the same after skipped or not.

Reactions: phreadom

Mikeleg

Sep 10, 2018
Will there be a further updates to this game? It says final on the download page but ends on quite a cliffhanger.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Tried to enjoy this game since it had a great premise but the dev made spectacularly stupid narrative decisions constantly making player choices utterly pointless particularly the loyalty choices are made totally pointless the only real choices in this game are cheat or get forced to cheat.

Why is it so damn hard to make a game where when you choose loyalty it actually happens? Why is this such a monumental task for devs?

"You could be a gentleman and treat her right, you can play it safe by not pushing too much in one direction or you could be a jerk and take advantage of her. That’s all up to you." <-- This right here is a lie the game doesn't play like this at all.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Why is it so damn hard to make a game where when you choose loyalty it actually happens? Why is this such a monumental task for devs?
Have you tried? Making a game is fucking difficult. These guys don't have EA or Bethesda behind them, and they aren't veteran game makers-most of them just started it as a hobby and are learning as they go along. They rely on crowd sourced funding to just get by. Maybe cut them a little slack.

Constructive criticism is fine-not liking the game is fine. But maybe show a little understanding as well. And if you are actually paying for the game, use their Patreon to complain loudly.

saintriley

Mar 31, 2018
Hey, First post here so be gentle. I Read this entire thread thoroughly regarding my question before asking. I Played the game, Enjoyed it! I hit some roadbumps regarding the NTR. Im not a fan of it but I'm also a completist. I have to go down every path and get all the scenes and achievements when it comes to games.

I read the original post, I installed the patch where I can open up the inventory by hitting "I" and going into the setting I turn on the NTR, I Still get the message that NTR is off. I tried it on previous saves, and on makin a new game from scratch. I hit this issue I believe on day 4 or 3 when I have to choose between comforting the sister or sitting with the Girlfriend. Is there a place in the coding I can go in and manually turn on the NTR by changing its default setting from OFF to ON. I'm not sure what else I can do, I tried the patch, followed the instructions. Im not looking for the gallery photos so I don't believe I need to go through this "get items out of a bin" thing. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure why the patch isn't working for me.

Reactions: jamesbond007

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Is there a place in the coding I can go in and manually turn on the NTR by changing its default setting from OFF to ON.
The NTR configuration in the settings menu triggered with the 'i' key just toggles switch #242 (which is named 'NTRNTRNTRNTRNTRNTRNTR' in the RPGM code). You can see the current state of the switch in the console with
Code:
game_state.switches.value(242)
which should print either 'True' or 'False'.

I haven't actually played through the game with the NTR flag on to see these scenes, so it's possible there's some other bug with the engine or thing that needs to be implemented for it to work. Or there's multiple flags that need to be true for the scenes to show. I can do some more testing later!

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
Its hard enough to find games around here without spelling and grammar issues in every scene. What youre talking about requires a lot of branching and writing for every different scenario. No small task. A lot of devs on this site got started by playing games themselves and wanting to try it. But since you seem to think you can do better, when does your game come out?

Reactions: UncleVT

TheKid1

Aug 15, 2016
Is there a way to add hearts if you want to see the sister content WITHOUT losing all your heard work for the day?

Like console codes or something?

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Is there a way to add hearts if you want to see the sister content WITHOUT losing all your heard work for the day?
If you install the Gallery Mod in the OP there's a room you can access through the inventory that lets you set the GF's hearts.

Alternatively, you can set the GF's hearts in the console by setting variable 1 to something between -7 and 7 (don't set it outside that range or the game will be weird)
Code:
game_state.variables.set_value(1, 7)
Variable 2 is called 'SisVariable' that I assume represent's someting about the twin's affection but I don't really know what it does.
You can print out all the variables in the console like this:
Code:
game_state.variables.print_values()

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
-Make the location stars be more obvious, or (if possible) animated.
I've added a new patch version (0.7.7) to the OP that should make the stars and some other map sprites animated.

It also fixes the issue where pressing arrow keys or 'i' during a dialog gave a "Command 401 not supported" error

Reactions: phreadom and bas

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Nice work, i already finished the rpgm one so wont try this one, great game. Good job again, hopefully more will get remade in renpy.

magus448

May 22, 2018
Don't get a perfect score on one night (neutral ending) and gf is willing the cheat on you with her sister. smh

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
I petered out on the original in large part due to RPGM, even though it was quite a good game otherwise. Thank you for bringing some relief to those of us who dislike RPGM so very, very much. :)

edit: aaand I just noticed linked in the OP. You're a champ!

swifty21

Jun 28, 2017
Hey, can anyone help me? i'm getting all those errors with every RPGM remake...anything i can do to resolve this?
Thanks

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Meh, the whole point of renpy is not have to walk around...
Eh?

Ren'py is just an engine, it doesn't have any point other than to be used as a platform to build on. You making up your own definition of a games engine doesn't make it so.

It's a port over of an existing game, it still needs to trigger the events or it would just be a scene viewer with no story.

Reactions: Danjuro83 and kkai

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Mac version, with the gallery mod (1.21) and the 0.7.7 update installed:

Testing - I've started this up and played around a bit, but I haven't gone very far.

Reactions: Segnbora

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Mac version, just launching the program:
That's just text; you can copy/paste it instead of taking a screenshot.

Where is the app located? It's trying to create the map directory, but it can't because it's in a really odd location (/private/var/folders/rl/<something long and icky>/).

Reactions: adman and Segnbora
3.90 star(s) 8 Votes