VN Ren'Py Completed My Girlfriend's Amnesia Unofficial Ren'py Port [selectivepaperclip]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

arrhan

Apr 14, 2017
I press start and the game gives me this

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 253, in script
    $ in_interaction = game_state.do_next_thing(mapdest, keyed_common_event)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 253, in <module>
    $ in_interaction = game_state.do_next_thing(mapdest, keyed_common_event)
  File "game/game_state.rpy", line 850, in do_next_thing
    new_event = this_event.do_next_thing()
  File "game/game_event.rpy", line 740, in do_next_thing
    game_state.show_map(True)
  File "game/game_state.rpy", line 1108, in show_map
    background_image = self.map.background_image()
  File "game/game_map.rpy", line 239, in background_image
    self.generate_background_image()
  File "game/game_map.rpy", line 261, in generate_background_image
    bg.save()
  File "game/game_map.rpy", line 136, in save
    pygame_sdl2.image.save(surf, self.cache_file)
error: Couldn't open D:/myName/(...)/my-girlfriends-amnesia-0.7.5-pc/rpgmcache/maps/v1/Map001.png
And after pressing ignore 2x, the game states this error:

"Code 401 not implemented, plz fix"
I had this error too and I guess it's because of non-english letters in the file path.
Try moving the whole game to a different folder with simple filepath with no diacritics (D:/Games/ should work), so that the path doesn't contain special non-english letters. It should work then.

apocalipze

May 25, 2017
thank you so much @selectivepaperclip for this. most people don't like the walking around aspect of RPGM, for me is the uncontrollable sex scene, even if i don't like the scene i have to stay and watch the whole goddamn thing and they loop for a long goddamn time. so again, thank you for the ren'py version of the game :FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: selectivepaperclip

openSquadw4

Jan 8, 2018
The official game was finished in March this year. The game is a mixture of both VN and RPG, incidentally the new DLC for the game will be and has been confirmed as Ren'py as the Dev used it for his latest game and prefers it.
something new , i like it ..

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
Thank you for this version!!
I enjoyed the original (RPGM one). But the engine is painful to use for this type of game. Renpy is way better.
i think rpgmaker is fine the first time but once you come back later and either removed the game dont have a save for other reasons or simply wanna replay it becomes a chore so great to see this :p

Reactions: Kappuru Games

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Played until the start of day 4, no issues so far.

Couple of suggestions;
-Make the location stars be more obvious, or (if possible) animated.
-I understand that rollback is disabled because of weirdness of the port, but perhaps you could allow rollback 2 or 3 times to simply re-read accidentally missed text? Perhaps even allow rollback until just after the previous choice or map, so you're not rolling back any variables.

stronkie

Jan 29, 2018
I downloaded it , tried at , some the ugly RPGM layout working walking thing. Quit and deinstalled it

No need for an RenPy version like this. Pfft. This is the same as the uglyness of RPGM shit. I want to have that lovely renpy screen clicking game. Not this crap

Lietam

Dec 8, 2017
holy shit! I never finished this game cause the engine ran like ass.
Thanks for doing this

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I had this error too and I guess it's because of non-english letters in the file path.
Try moving the whole game to a different folder with simple filepath with no diacritics (D:/Games/ should work), so that the path doesn't contain special non-english letters. It should work then.
Hmmm, I see. I'll try, thanks

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes