VN Ren'Py Completed My Girlfriend's Amnesia Unofficial Ren'py Port [selectivepaperclip]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I press start and the game gives me this

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 253, in script
    $ in_interaction = game_state.do_next_thing(mapdest, keyed_common_event)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 253, in <module>
    $ in_interaction = game_state.do_next_thing(mapdest, keyed_common_event)
  File "game/game_state.rpy", line 850, in do_next_thing
    new_event = this_event.do_next_thing()
  File "game/game_event.rpy", line 740, in do_next_thing
    game_state.show_map(True)
  File "game/game_state.rpy", line 1108, in show_map
    background_image = self.map.background_image()
  File "game/game_map.rpy", line 239, in background_image
    self.generate_background_image()
  File "game/game_map.rpy", line 261, in generate_background_image
    bg.save()
  File "game/game_map.rpy", line 136, in save
    pygame_sdl2.image.save(surf, self.cache_file)
error: Couldn't open D:/myName/(...)/my-girlfriends-amnesia-0.7.5-pc/rpgmcache/maps/v1/Map001.png
And after pressing ignore 2x, the game states this error:

"Code 401 not implemented, plz fix"

Reactions: Mortyson

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
Guys just FYI, The walkthrough was made with the RPGM version, so it may not be compatible with it! So fair warning!

Reactions: woody

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Guys just FYI, The walkthrough was made with the RPGM version, so it may not be compatible with it! So fair warning!
The options are still the same on this new version, nothing has changed in that respect.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
The options are still the same on this new version, nothing has changed in that respect.
I haven’t played it yet, so I dont know who it’s setup etc. so people don’t eat me up alive :p

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
selectivepaperclip likes to work on engines, translating content from one engine to another.
this guy gets me, thanks for getting it
Buggy as hell. Not worth yet.
I'd be happy to fix whatever bugs you encounter if you can give me steps to reproduce the issue. I got through the game successfully at one point but there are probably ways to get stuck and I'd like to iron all that out.
I used your walkthrough to playtest it so it should work, the 'good' path at least. I didn't change the content, so anything that goes off script is probably a bug with the game.
Gotta say I was hoping when I saw this that all the RPGM "walking" around was completely removed, not just changed to destination hotspots.
Understandable. Ideally they would be replaced with choices like "go to library" but that would require doing a lot more custom code to join the scenes together. It's attainable, but I might not be the one to do it.

nZk

「」
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
the hero F95 needs but not the one we deserve...or however that batman quote goes.

Thanks for the renpy ver!

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
you could do something like this with the artifact series from ICCreations
now I will wait for my sister mia remply version
I have these both in a more-or-less working state with this approach, I just need to iron out a couple more bugs and usability issues. Maybe in a couple weeks?!

jughead004

Donor
Sep 19, 2017
The only thing that was holding back that masterpiece. And while RPGM is good for specific kind of games, this one is def better in Ren'Py

woody

Jan 31, 2017
a very good rpgm game made even better on renpy whats not to like,thnx for remaking this selectivepaperclip much appreciated

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
is it possible to integrate the mod that a user made for this game that allows us to replay any scene? it would make this remake perfect, I think the user name is kuraiken.

but to access the mod you need to enter the item menu and use an item that teleports the player to the gallery replay realm

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
would it be possible for us to apply the gallery/scene replay mod to your remake
to access the mod you needed to enter the item menu and use an item that teleported the player to the gallery replay realm
Thanks for reminding me about this mod, I meant to check it out before publishing the RenPy version but forgot :)
The fix for the inventory isn't too hard, you'll want to edit rpgm_game_data.json so it adds the enable_inventory_key flag. Try replacing the existing file with this:

Code:
{
	"short_name": "my-girlfriends-amnesia",
	"long_name": "My Girlfriend's Amnesia",
	"enable_inventory_key": true,
	"hide_unreachable_events": true
}
After you restart the game the 'i' key should work.

Unfortunately trying to leave the cheat room will get you stuck, so the game variable modification features are kindof useless until I make a fix for that. But otherwise all the gallery features should work. I haven't clicked through them all, let me know if anything else weird happens.

I'll add this info the OP as well.

Reactions: gestved
3.90 star(s) 8 Votes