• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Completed Mushi no Kangoku [v0.71b] [Mr. 183]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Monk0028

Jan 16, 2019
man, it lags as hell... is that my computer ?
Mine too. I've no idea if it's mine as well, but it's a bit slow (in terms of the animation at least). Try the sliders in the menus, that might help you, might make it a bit worse. I am unsure which slider does what but fiddling with them makes it either smoother or a bit laggier. Let me know if it helps.

lusquinha

May 5, 2018
Mine too. I've no idea if it's mine as well, but it's a bit slow (in terms of the animation at least). Try the sliders in the menus, that might help you, might make it a bit worse. I am unsure which slider does what but fiddling with them makes it either smoother or a bit laggier. Let me know if it helps.
thanks, dude, will give it a try

lusquinha

May 5, 2018

actually, I don't know... I tried to change something, but everything in there is a little... japanese. In the game, it didn't work

Cumknuckles

Oct 10, 2018
actually, I don't know... I tried to change something, but everything in there is a little... japanese. In the game, it didn't work
One of the 1st 3 sliders is the one you want, the others might have been for the UI animation speed and text speed if I remember them right. I recall the sex animations still being kind of slow even with the speed at max but it's much more tolerable. I think at some point I uploaded a version where I had already changed the settings to be decent.

Monk0028

Jan 16, 2019
One of the 1st 3 sliders is the one you want, the others might have been for the UI animation speed and text speed if I remember them right. I recall the sex animations still being kind of slow even with the speed at max but it's much more tolerable. I think at some point I uploaded a version where I had already changed the settings to be decent.
Yeah, maybe this here. If I recall one of the sliders added some kind of weird after image effect (at least for me?) that tried to make it look like it was moving faster/rapidly during animations. I never could figure out the best Slider combination.

monomulti

Jan 13, 2018
For those with slow animation problems, if your CPU is AMD, then it could likely be related to CardWirth and your CPU. For whatever reason, CardWirth doesn't work well with AMD CPUs. Animations play slowly even on a 3rd-gen Ryzen desktop CPU. Meanwhile my 4 year old laptop with an Intel CPU runs it just fine.

As I mentioned over in ULMF, the solution I found was to run it on CardWirthPy instead. Download it and follow the same setup steps as CardWirth. It runs way more efficiently, playing the animations at the intended speed while having lower cpu usage.

Tl;dr If game lags and you have AMD CPU, search up "CardWirthPy" and follow the same setup steps.

Monk0028

Jan 16, 2019
For those with slow animation problems, if your CPU is AMD, then it could likely be related to CardWirth and your CPU. For whatever reason, CardWirth doesn't work well with AMD CPUs. Animations play slowly even on a 3rd-gen Ryzen desktop CPU. Meanwhile my 4 year old laptop with an Intel CPU runs it just fine.

As I mentioned over in ULMF, the solution I found was to run it on CardWirthPy instead. Download it and follow the same setup steps as CardWirth. It runs way more efficiently, playing the animations at the intended speed while having lower cpu usage.

Tl;dr If game lags and you have AMD CPU, search up "CardWirthPy" and follow the same setup steps.
Aye, I heard something about the CardWirthPy but could not figure it out for the life of me, mainly probably because I am dumb as a brick lol. I just didn't know that it could work for this Issue, thanks mate!

monomulti

Jan 13, 2018
Aye, I heard something about the CardWirthPy but could not figure it out for the life of me, mainly probably because I am dumb as a brick lol. I just didn't know that it could work for this Issue, thanks mate!
I can't post links yet but if you Google CardWirthPy, the first result is a link to BitBucket. On the left is a "Downloads" section. Download CardWirthPy_4.1_x64 (or x86). Extract and run.

If you get an error message with some Japanese text and "Data/Font", then go back to the BitBucket page. Go to "Source" on the left. Click on Data -> Font and click on all the fonts to download them (click "View raw"). Create the corresponding folder in the CardWirthPy folder and drop it in there.

Once you get it working, it's the same process as regular CardWirth.

Reactions: kazino and Ark-Zero

DVD43465

Jan 30, 2020
Hey can someone make a video showcasing how to install this and also how to get into the actual game? It would be greatly appreciated like seriously I've spent about 5 hours on and off trying to get it to work. I'd even be willing to send $20 via paypal! lol P.S. I would need links to all of the files I need and the translation if possible. From what I can tell all of the links from all of the sites are either broken or I'm breaking them somehow because when i click on the game in cardwith, I get a a blue screen with some text and only one option which doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

andrefkw

Nov 7, 2017
Hey can someone make a video showcasing how to install this and also how to get into the actual game? It would be greatly appreciated like seriously I've spent about 5 hours on and off trying to get it to work. I'd even be willing to send $20 via paypal! lol P.S. I would need links to all of the files I need and the translation if possible. From what I can tell all of the links from all of the sites are either broken or I'm breaking them somehow because when i click on the game in cardwith, I get a a blue screen with some text and only one option which doesn't do anything.
lol, firstly, you must install cardwirth. then copy paste "蟲の姦獄" file into game directory "Scenario"
and, try to run cardwirth with Locale Emulator, coz its japanese

Reactions: DVD43465

DVD43465

Jan 30, 2020
lol, firstly, you must install cardwirth. then copy paste "蟲の姦獄" file into game directory "Scenario"
and, try to run cardwirth with Locale Emulator, coz its japanese
A locale emulator huh? Is that why it hasn't been working?? Any idea where to get an emulator for Japanese?

P.S. Thank you

DVD43465

Jan 30, 2020
you can found it on google or this
That was it, that was all I had to do this whole time...lol. Well It would have been nice for this info to be in the installation instructions but ah well. Thank you very much kind sir, you just made someone's day!

Last edited:

DVD43465

Jan 30, 2020
That was it, that was all I had to do this whole time...lol. Well It would have been nice for this info to be in the installation instructions but ah well. Thank you very much kind sir, you just made someone's day!
Update : Well I've got the game working but the animations are super slow and take forever (unless each animation is supposed to be about 5 mins), I tried upgrading to CardwithPy but i can't get the Emulator to detect it. Any ideas?

Last edited:

andrefkw

Nov 7, 2017
Update : Well I've got the game working but the animations are super slow and take forever (unless each animation is supposed to be about 5 mins), I tried upgrading to CardwithPy but i can't get the Emulator to detect it. Any ideas?
indeed the animation are slow, i usually use Cheat Engine to speed it up xd.
well there's one external emulator, but i forgot its name

monomulti

Jan 13, 2018
indeed the animation are slow, i usually use Cheat Engine to speed it up xd.
well there's one external emulator, but i forgot its name
If it requires CE then either animations are not displaying at proper speed (AMD CPU or sliders not properly set) or you have high standards for how quick it needs to be. A section should be no longer than a minute and some are very short depending on settings.

I tried upgrading to CardwithPy but i can't get the Emulator to detect it. Any ideas?
Not sure how to fix it since I've never used an emulator. I've always had my locale set to Japanese text and I pretty much never see Japanese when it should be English. Unless you have a different reason, you could consider changing the system locale instead of emulating it.

I had also considered making a video guide for installing. But I figured that text instructions from other users + my (crappy) image guide should be enough. Sounds like you figured out the installation process itself so seems like that's the case.

Reactions: Zelme
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes