• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Onhold Love Inn [v0.1.5] [croco_nsfw]

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
Alright guys, so I wasn't happy until I fixed those bugs, so here's the hotfix!

0.1.4b Public Release Hotfix

Win: - - -
Linux: - - -

BUGFIXES
  • Two events triggering when having the exact same requisites (Ume3 and Aya3). Now only triggers one.
  • Events triggering before they should if on task (Aya3 triggering before Chiharu3).
  • Characters not staying in the ryokan won't be affected by the ryokan stats either. Mood for non guest characters will reset, just in case.
  • Made a timer when events start so another one doesn't try to start so no overlapping happens. Temporal solution, but should stop a bunch of grey screen.
  • If you try to load from an autosave in the middle of an event, it won't load correctly.
BALANCE
  • Reduced the mood change affected by ryokan stats

Love the comfy graphics.
Let me praise the mc's hair style. Looks great! Thumbs up!
Thanks a lot for the nice comments guys, appreciate it. :giggle:

Reactions: Varaelyza

sasu

Jun 5, 2018
The game doesn't load, it just puts me to the debug screen and flickers (is this another AMD loss for me)

kk2oven

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2021
She :What? you're not working?
Me : Let's read manga together.
She : Yes, my opinion of you increased.
Me : Ok...
The controls hurt my hand. Always pressing shift, pressing A and F at the same time... I'd suggest an option to be able to always run and to make the action button be at the same time E, F, spacebar and enter.

I don't understand why you have to select activities for the next day. Wouldn't it be easier to have an interaction point at the reception to launch them instead?

The game is still remarkably crafted but I'm starting to lose interest. The fact that you plan to add a lot of fetishes while I only love vanilla is one. The gameplay that I think will only bore me is another. I do hope you'll find your public however. The atmosphere in the inn is so perfect it made me want to make an inn game as well if I ever get enough free time.

I didn't have any bugs BTW (even though I played the version before the bugfixes)

Reactions: croco_nsfw

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
The game doesn't load, it just puts me to the debug screen and flickers (is this another AMD loss for me)
That's weird, I' making this on a Radeon 6950 (old as shit). Are you running on a laptop? Some people were experiencing something similar, and Xinthos1 provided a solution (for nvidia tho) in this post (https://f95zone.to/threads/love-inn-v0-1-4b-croco_nsfw.161919/post-11382469).
You could try something similar but for AMD. I searched on my computer and I opened the AMD panel control, and on Games I added the .exe of this game. Then on anti-aliasing just turning it off. I don't know if that will work since I don't have the problem, but you could give it a try.
Please let me now if this works for you!

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
The controls hurt my hand. Always pressing shift, pressing A and F at the same time... I'd suggest an option to be able to always run and to make the action button be at the same time E, F, spacebar and enter.
That's a great idea, I'll add a toggle option for sure!

I don't understand why you have to select activities for the next day. Wouldn't it be easier to have an interaction point at the reception to launch them instead?
This is just something that comes from when I started prototyping the game as an adapted version of old japanese games (Welcome to Pia Carrot, Tokimeki Memorial), where you also have to choose in advance what you'll do, "locking" you out of freely choosing what to do whenever you want.

The game is still remarkably crafted but I'm starting to lose interest. The fact that you plan to add a lot of fetishes while I only love vanilla is one. The gameplay that I think will only bore me is another. I do hope you'll find your public however. The atmosphere in the inn is so perfect it made me want to make an inn game as well if I ever get enough free time.
Thank you! And I understand. I really like a lot of types of hentai and I devour doujinshi whenever I have some free time, so I wanted to make this as a "game" form of that. I get that it's not for everyone, but I wouldn't be satisfied otherwise.

And yeah the gameplay right now it's really lacking! The free play is shit (plus the way you select sex after the fact it's also really boring), and that's why my focus right now is in changing how I handle that.

And go for it! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.

I didn't have any bugs BTW (even though I played the version before the bugfixes)
That's really good to hear (y) Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• Red Heart
Reactions: kk2oven

Limeskin

Oct 15, 2020

well.. I, in the other hand got the same error (Black screen) consecutively haha, maybe the choises I took?, 'cuz I didn't change them that much in each attempt and it repeated de bug each time, the only time I didn't got the bug (so why im writting this), was that my Clean. and Maint. lvls were at max and 2 events switched order, each time I got the bug those 2 events were 1st Misaki and Kenichi appeared for the first time and the 2nd was when Chiharu and Keiko talked outside of the MC room, just in the moment that event finished I got the black screen bug, this time I did not got the bug and the mayor difference was the order on those events and the Clean/Mant. lvls... and the fact that I am so insecure in my choises that I do too much Save/Rewrite/Load...

Hope all of it can help on the bug fixing.
And srry if something I wrote here didn't make much sense, my native language is not English.

F*ck, I got that error again just as I thogh I got rid of it, in the moment I got to meet Ume for the first time and it ended I got it again...
guess the save/rewrite/load part wasn't the problem or either the clean/maint. one, maybe it has something to do with the order of events?

Last edited:
  • Sad

Limeskin

Oct 15, 2020
well.. I, in the other hand got the same error (Black screen) consecutively haha, maybe the choises I took?, 'cuz I didn't change them that much in each attempt and it repeated de bug each time, the only time I didn't got the bug (so why im writting this), was that my Clean. and Maint. lvls were at max and 2 events switched order, each time I got the bug those 2 events were 1st Misaki and Kenichi appeared for the first time and the 2nd was when Chiharu and Keiko talked outside of the MC room, just in the moment that event finished I got the black screen bug, this time I did not got the bug and the mayor difference was the order on those events and the Clean/Mant. lvls... and the fact that I am so insecure in my choises that I do too much Save/Rewrite/Load...

Hope all of it can help on the bug fixing.
And srry if something I wrote here didn't make much sense, my native language is not English.

F*ck, I got that error again just as I thogh I got rid of it, in the moment I got to meet Ume for the first time and it ended I got it again...
guess the save/rewrite/load part wasn't the problem or either the clean/maint. one, maybe it has something to do with the order of events?
This time I focused on interacting with just one girl (of course cant avoid them on cinematic/event), to see if the problem is on events "overlapping", and this time I got past the Ume part getting right into Keiko asking about something (trying to avoid "spoiler"), my guess is that if there is more than one event "planned to be played" right after the one already in progress is over, the bug occurs because the game can't decide which one to run first.

Limeskin

Oct 15, 2020
This time I focused on interacting with just one girl (of course cant avoid them on cinematic/event), to see if the problem is on events "overlapping", and this time I got past the Ume part getting right into Keiko asking about something (trying to avoid "spoiler"), my guess is that if there is more than one event "planned to be played" right after the one already in progress is over, the bug occurs because the game can't decide which one to run first.
Now I'm convinced, I interacted with Aya a little bit later (The bathroom event) and the next day right after I finished cleaning boom¡ black screen, I loaded a save from just before and avoided her and the next day after cleaning I met Mugi, so it was probably what I mentioned before, 2 events / cinematics that are going to load and the game doesn't decide which one to put first.

perhaps making a hierarchy or a "date" order so that events that are played at the same time can "decide" which one comes first, maybe that will do the trick.

And yes, the option of being able to decide what to do the next day is quite useful, since in several occasions if some consecutive events happen it doesn't give me a chance to change what I'm going to do the next day, it just sends me to sleep immediately.

But taking into account what is already "designed" that we have to mark or let Keiko know what we will do the next day to avoid inconveniences, it could be done that the next day the mc gets up slightly earlier to make such a change and that there is a chance to oversleep reducing the "favorability" of Keiko, or on the contrary to give the option of "go to sleep? "/ "not yet", giving the chance and at the same time opening a "night mode" to the possibilities of the game, such as being able to use "stress" as a penalty if the player overdoes the night activities, if it is decided that there will be night activities haha

Last edited:

sasu

Jun 5, 2018
That's weird, I' making this on a Radeon 6950 (old as shit). Are you running on a laptop? Some people were experiencing something similar, and Xinthos1 provided a solution (for nvidia tho) in this post (https://f95zone.to/threads/love-inn-v0-1-4b-croco_nsfw.161919/post-11382469).
You could try something similar but for AMD. I searched on my computer and I opened the AMD panel control, and on Games I added the .exe of this game. Then on anti-aliasing just turning it off. I don't know if that will work since I don't have the problem, but you could give it a try.
Please let me now if this works for you!
Yes I am on the laptop (3750h and Radeon 5500m), I applied it by changing on the global and the app itself and it still puts me into the same situation.

• Thinking Face

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
Now I'm convinced, I interacted with Aya a little bit later (The bathroom event) and the next day right after I finished cleaning boom¡ black screen, I loaded a save from just before and avoided her and the next day after cleaning I met Mugi, so it was probably what I mentioned before, 2 events / cinematics that are going to load and the game doesn't decide which one to put first.

perhaps making a hierarchy or a "date" order so that events that are played at the same time can "decide" which one comes first, maybe that will do the trick.

And yes, the option of being able to decide what to do the next day is quite useful, since in several occasions if some consecutive events happen it doesn't give me a chance to change what I'm going to do the next day, it just sends me to sleep immediately.

But taking into account what is already "designed" that we have to mark or let Keiko know what we will do the next day to avoid inconveniences, it could be done that the next day the mc gets up slightly earlier to make such a change and that there is a chance to oversleep reducing the "favorability" of Keiko, or on the contrary to give the option of "go to sleep? "/ "not yet", giving the chance and at the same time opening a "night mode" to the possibilities of the game, such as being able to use "stress" as a penalty if the player overdoes the night activities, if it is decided that there will be night activities haha
Hey friend, first of all, thanks a lot for your detailed report, and sorry it keeps happening. I'm glad you enjoy it enough to keep pushing past the (really annoying) bugs. Just to make sure, you are playing the 0.1.4b right? The hotfix I uploaded yesterday after the public 0.1.4.

I see your point tho, and I though I fixed it for the hotfix! Like the priority order. Could you please send me the logs? I make a .txt that saves a lot of info internally of what's happening, so I could see specifically what's going on. If you are on Windows, search for %appdata% in the Windows search function, and then go to /godot/app_userdata/LOVE_INN. You can send it to me in private message if you'd like.

Also adding a mini penalty to changing schedules last minute is also a good idea :unsure: I need to revamp the whole going to sleep thing, since right now if you go to sleep on your own vs going to the onsen -> force sleep, gives the same rest, which doesn't make any sense! So I'll tweak that for sure!

Sorry it kept happening, hope I can fix it soon.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Limeskin

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
Yes I am on the laptop (3750h and Radeon 5500m), I applied it by changing on the global and the app itself and it still puts me into the same situation.
I'm guessing your drivers are up to date? That's weird. Could you send me in private also the logs please? I want to know if the game starts internally, or if it's a thing with the game engine (not even executing a line of code). You said it flickers. Does it show the Godot logo?

Reactions: sasu

Limeskin

Oct 15, 2020
Hey friend, first of all, thanks a lot for your detailed report, and sorry it keeps happening. I'm glad you enjoy it enough to keep pushing past the (really annoying) bugs. Just to make sure, you are playing the 0.1.4b right? The hotfix I uploaded yesterday after the public 0.1.4.

I see your point tho, and I though I fixed it for the hotfix! Like the priority order. Could you please send me the logs? I make a .txt that saves a lot of info internally of what's happening, so I could see specifically what's going on. If you are on Windows, search for %appdata% in the Windows search function, and then go to /godot/app_userdata/LOVE_INN. You can send it to me in private message if you'd like.

Also adding a mini penalty to changing schedules last minute is also a good idea :unsure: I need to revamp the whole going to sleep thing, since right now if you go to sleep on your own vs going to the onsen -> force sleep, gives the same rest, which doesn't make any sense! So I'll tweak that for sure!

Sorry it kept happening, hope I can fix it soon.
Im not sure if I was playing on the 0.4.1b 'cuz one of the things I did to trying to avoid that bug was deleting the archives (the appdata ones too) and downloading the game again to avoid bugs (I readed somewhere above that if u do a secuence of Loading a save, going to title, and then starting a new game could cause problems), so srry if the logs I upload are short on that sense, 'cuz those are from probably just one Run.

Anyway, I will do another run on the 0.1.4b (I downloaded the game yesterday around 7PM [GTM -5] and I think that wasn't the 0.4.1b), that way I can confirm if the bug still persist and also give u the logs of an entire run doing "my" way of bugging things haha

Limeskin

Oct 15, 2020
tryed playing on the 0.1.4b and man... u not only solved de black screen bug u also did some "balance" changes, I saw that, the clean/maint. gauges before felt "weird" and I mean like they didn't go down in my previous runs, like they were bugged or just designed to go down very slow, and that just felt like (I won't clean/do maint. so my stress goes up, the gauges don't even lower, and the money its not that important for now), that felt a lil as a waste of in-game resources but now feels much better, like u really are working there haha

returning to the subject of the black screen bug, I got 2 consecutive cinematics / events and all worked just fine, now Im wondering how will it work with 3 events at the same time?, last time managed to pull that but it was on the previous version (0.1.4)

• Star-struck

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
tryed playing on the 0.1.4b and man... u not only solved de black screen bug u also did some "balance" changes, I saw that, the clean/maint. gauges before felt "weird" and I mean like they didn't go down in my previous runs, like they were bugged or just designed to go down very slow, and that just felt like (I won't clean/do maint. so my stress goes up, the gauges don't even lower, and the money its not that important for now), that felt a lil as a waste of in-game resources but now feels much better, like u really are working there haha

returning to the subject of the black screen bug, I got 2 consecutive cinematics / events and all worked just fine, now Im wondering how will it work with 3 events at the same time?, last time managed to pull that but it was on the previous version (0.1.4)
Hahaha I'm really glad it worked out fine with the updated version!! (y) I was stressing a bit trying to catch any problems testing, thinking I got something wrong. Just in case for the future, on the bottom right in the title screen I include which version you are playing (plus it's also on the name of the game folder).

Right now, no matter how many events are supposed to happen at a determined time and place, it will only pick one of them, so no need to worry about it!
If another bug comes up, please don't hesitate to report it again! It's really important to me that the game can be run without problems, so we can all have a pleasant experience.

Thanks for playing, hope you enjoy future content :D

• Red Heart

Limeskin

Oct 15, 2020
Hahaha I'm really glad it worked out fine with the updated version!! (y) I was stressing a bit trying to catch any problems testing, thinking I got something wrong. Just in case for the future, on the bottom right in the title screen I include which version you are playing (plus it's also on the name of the game folder).

Right now, no matter how many events are supposed to happen at a determined time and place, it will only pick one of them, so no need to worry about it!
If another bug comes up, please don't hesitate to report it again! It's really important to me that the game can be run without problems, so we can all have a pleasant experience.

Thanks for playing, hope you enjoy future content :D
well.. dont want to be a pain in the ass talking again about the clean/maint. lvls but I... guess it really is a bug, the lvls of clean/maint. from one point haven't changed, and I'm not working at all.. first it lowered just fine, like I needed to work at least once daily, but just as I got both of the gauges at max it didn't changed on a long time.. maybe like 3 to 4 days?, idk for sure but it feels weird

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
well.. dont want to be a pain in the ass talking again about the clean/maint. lvls but I... guess it really is a bug, the lvls of clean/maint. from one point haven't changed, and I'm not working at all.. first it lowered just fine, like I needed to work at least once daily, but just as I got both of the gauges at max it didn't changed on a long time.. maybe like 3 to 4 days?, idk for sure but it feels weird
Fucking hell I just checked and maintenance doesn't go down, it tries to lower clean instead. :ROFLMAO:
Also the chance for stats to go down, is 40% each right now (and then pick a random number from 0 to 3, so chances for stats to go down are low).

Since stats before didn't go down I wanted to see how people felt about it before going in "too strong". I agree that it's a little low right now, so I'll bump it a bit. Just wanting to see the line when it stats getting grindy.

I'll wait a couple of days to see if more bugs pop up and then release a hotfix (y) Thanks for the report!!

• Haha

Limeskin

Oct 15, 2020
Fucking hell I just checked and maintenance doesn't go down, it tries to lower clean instead. :ROFLMAO:
Also the chance for stats to go down, is 40% each right now (and then pick a random number from 0 to 3, so chances for stats to go down are low).

Since stats before didn't go down I wanted to see how people felt about it before going in "too strong". I agree that it's a little low right now, so I'll bump it a bit. Just wanting to see the line when it stats getting grindy.

I'll wait a couple of days to see if more bugs pop up and then release a hotfix (y) Thanks for the report!!
no problem man glad to be of help, and yeah u're on a good rythm with it, not too slow not to grindy I have played some games that could be really good if the grind wasn't "that powerful" haha

so yeah, take ur time on that, I like how the game is going

• Red Heart
4.90 star(s) 9 Votes