• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others - Onhold - Love Inn [v0.1.5] [croco_nsfw]

1. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1.5

I don't know if cute is exactly the right word, but Love Inn thus far is a more chill and simplistic dating sim/management game about a delinquent working at traditional hot spring Inn (hence the name).

In no aspect is this going to be the most in-depth game you've played, but what does exist here is very quality. Visually very nice to look at, the love interests are cute, and there's just enough going on to stop it from feeling mundane without also making it an overly-complicated grind.

The dating sim side of things involves you running around and chatting with the girls to raise affection. You repeat short but cute events with them until you have enough points to trigger a story event that progresses your relationship with that girl. Relationships move rather fast, but that feels more appropriate for this I think. These aren't super deep characters, but they are still charming enough to make me like them.

The management side is very simple. You have four time slots, only one of which is ever filled up by mandatory work. You sort of set the schedule on when to handle maintenance and cleaning, which is just watching a nice animation play out to raise the related stat back up. I like the guest system but there's not much to it yet. The game still does feel early.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the sex minigame, but it's not as if it's difficult. I'd just rather just be able to focus on the scene itself. I also wish a bit more was added to those "spend time" events that you have to repeat. Even just a few dialogue lines giving us more from the girls would work.

Fun game overall. Looking forward to seeing it develop and expand a bit more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

sblot

Not much to add to other users' review, but I felt like leaving one myself because this game deserves it. The game's still in its early stages of course but it has clear potential. The art is amazing, the characters are fun and their interactions with the MC are entertaining, there's also the right amount of wholesomeness to make the story feel more organic. Dig the sprites, the always appreciated pixel art and the gameplay. One of the most promising games around!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Dodgeek

Unique game, and very well executed.

The new CGs and events are really enticing and I like the focus that was set on erotic settings for them to occur.

Can't wait for the Aya events to kick in so that we can enjoy that sweet hot tempered red-head love.

A very nice little game, keep it up!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dors4

Review as of version 0.1.4
    - Incredible art style, love the mix of 90's style anime portraits and the pixel scenes
    - Pretty good writing so far
    - Good progression with each of the girls, quick but doesn't feel forced

Overall incredibly promising game, can't wait to see what comes next.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

oahuebydao

One of the most promising games on here. There's actual craft and care taken in the construction, and it shows in the writing, the art, the mechanics, the engine and UI etc. Currently very barebones and limited content. Only current negative is the lack of signposting for the end of current available content.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

GrondTheRam

Quite barebones at the moment, and its understandable as its the early days. However, what is there is actually quite amazing. The art style is superb, and the characters seem to have plenty of potential. Great work, man! Hope to see more.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Edixo

One of the most promising new games on here. Has a very unique artstyle and a setting that's rarely seen - you play as a 90's yankee sent to a ryukan to rehabilitate. It's a fresh breath into a genre saturated with generic entries that an AI could spit out.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Nehkara

It's early days but it's clear a ton of effort has gone into starting up this project. I can't wait to see where it's going. I do love sandbox and dating sim games and this feels like it has the bones of a great one.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

PleasePleaseDontBeTaken

This game has great potential with a wonderful Art style all that really needs doing as the adding of content and the cleaning away of a few bugs and glitches. I hope it doesn't get abbandoned as its clear alot of effort has been put into it.