4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
@Zippix the second version is from my collection.
It's the original version MangaGamer first offered - if I remember correctly?
The first version is voiced patched.
Exactly. Well, sort of. At any rate, you did marvellously, you majestic beaver!
The first one in the OP is the 2011 MG version (which, because of seiyuu company copyright issues and blabla at the time) was unvoiced, but there was a (semi-official? or something) voice patch ('patch3.xp3' indeed, as you showed behind the spoiler) for it by early 2013.
Then they did the proper "Voiced Edition" release on 2013-10-04. But since there was already the "Voice Patched" version around, I think nobody really bothered with it (piracy-wise, at least). I couldn't seem to find it anywhere, at least. Until now, that is... :)
The mentioned Reiji voice patch can only be applied onto the 2013 "Voiced Edition", so the one you added as the second version here.

On a related note, seems that the guy working on the patch over at vndb actually decided to go the other way, so porting the English onto the new 2019-12-20 Fully-Voiced HD version - which he needed many own tools to develop for, and lots of effort; so even more props to him!
And that's good news for us, ultimately. Still will be needing someone fluent in Japanese to help him out with the final product. Here's to hope!

• Love
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
^^^ That is why I decided to follow you - lol
Thanks for the updated info!

Ps - If you ever have a VN or version of a VN you need - PM me - as I might actually have it?
Cheers

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Added the - Special BGM Collection to the OP.

batrudi

Jun 6, 2019
er, guys, I'm afraid of spoilers, thus I didn't read previous posts. Now, I want to read the VN in English and hear Japanese voicing, which links wshould I follow?
Those under 'download'?
Or under 'Voiced Edition '?
it seems voiced edition has a 'EN' at the end, but I wouldn't want to hear English voicing(((

shantysailor

Dec 31, 2018
for some reason the game won't successfully maximize for me, instead it just turns black, anyone know a fix?

er, guys, I'm afraid of spoilers, thus I didn't read previous posts. Now, I want to read the VN in English and hear Japanese voicing, which links wshould I follow?
Those under 'download'?
Or under 'Voiced Edition '?
it seems voiced edition has a 'EN' at the end, but I wouldn't want to hear English voicing(((
download the top one, ignore the others as the top one comes with the patches (I just tested it, and the lines were voiced)
I'm not actually sure why the voiced one is added

Reactions: batrudi

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
On a related note, seems that the guy working on the patch over at vndb actually decided to go the other way, so porting the English onto the new 2019-12-20 Fully-Voiced HD version - which he needed many own tools to develop for, and lots of effort; so even more props to him!
And that's good news for us, ultimately. Still will be needing someone fluent in Japanese to help him out with the final product. Here's to hope!
The patch is finished. Needs the dmm version to function

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
So.. what is the difference between the new patch and the rest, aside form the dude doing the patch limiting it to his discord. :rolleyes: The vndb description is not telling me much. Imo voiced mc is not a plus either, so if i can have something with everyone BUT him voiced i would vastly prefer that.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: "The full voiced hd size edition" seems to have been made in 720p where as the old one was 800 x 600p, is this the major upside to this patch?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So.. what is the difference between the new patch and the rest, aside form the dude doing the patch limiting it to his discord. :rolleyes: The vndb description is not telling me much. Imo voiced mc is not a plus either, so if i can have something with everyone BUT him voiced i would vastly prefer that.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: "The full voiced hd size edition" seems to have been made in 720p where as the old one was 800 x 600p, is this the major upside to this patch?
Well, hate to be the one telling you, but the actual original version was exactly "something with everyone BUT him voiced", regarding the protag. xD
Dunno why you would think him having -a good VA- is a minus. Though I guess different strokes for different folks.
At any rate, there are many other minor tweaks in the new version actually ((mildly, but still) touched-up sprites, some effects, gorier CGs, some quality of life improvements etc.) apart from the switch to HD, so I would definitely recommend you to try to bear with it, and enjoy the updated version.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Dunno why you would think him having -a good VA- is a minus. Though I guess different strokes for different folks.
At any rate, there are many other minor tweaks in the new version actually ((mildly, but still) touched-up sprites, some effects, gorier CGs, some quality of life improvements etc.) apart from the switch to HD, so I would definitely recommend you to try to bear with it, and enjoy the updated version.
Thanks for getting back to me with answers.
This game seems to have a ton of potential for roleplaying and that is the primary reason i do not want to have somone else voice "my thoughts".
Your post confirms, that i do not need to bother with this patch as well, than you again!

Reactions: Zippix

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Thanks for getting back to me with answers.
This game seems to have a ton of potential for roleplaying and that is the primary reason i do not want to have somone else voice "my thoughts".
Your post confirms, that i do not need to bother with this patch as well, than you again!
Okay, I guess I can see that, still, wouldn't hurt to try, I'd argue.
Then again, I have a perfect fix for your "predicament". Why not, say, go into the options menu of this updated version, then into 'Character voice settings', and... turn the protag's voice off (leave it at 0 bars)?

Win-win.

Reactions: Fleabag

LewdJiggle

Nov 4, 2019
Haven't tested the normal version yet but the " HD FULL VOICE" has a trojan.

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

kramus69

Jun 29, 2018
Is there any way to fix the cut off text in the game Ex. during long conversation, backlog and the notes (details of certain characters & cases). I can not help but think it is taking away a bit of the immersion of the game, having to figure out whats written on the texts. Please help, I would really be appreciated.

superelmo

Respected User
Oct 8, 2017
Is there any way to fix the cut off text in the game Ex. during long conversation, backlog and the notes (details of certain characters & cases). I can not help but think it is taking away a bit of the immersion of the game, having to figure out whats written on the texts. Please help, I would really be appreciated.
The answer is in the OP:
"install NotoSans-Regular.ttf and run Launcher.exe to avoid text issues."

kramus69

Jun 29, 2018
The answer is in the OP:
"install NotoSans-Regular.ttf and run Launcher.exe to avoid text issues."
I am playing the Full Voice HD size version, there was the (Launcher.exe) and
(殻ノ少女 HD.exe) in the beginning (not knowing about the NotoSans-Regular.ttf), I first start up the Launcher.exe, the game opened but then closes and the launcher.exe disappear, and I am left with (殻ノ少女 HD.exe), which starts the game up normally, but that is when I see the cut off text.
The question is that do I have to run NotoSans-Regular.ttf in the folder and click install, then run (Launcher.exe) inorder for it to work? also I should not use (殻ノ少女 HD.exe) for startup?

(edited)
I just reinstall all the files with no save all clean, ran the NotoSans-Regular.ttf and install then start up the launcher.exe, It is still not working, once startup it closes and the (Launcher.exe) disappear and I tried
( 殻ノ少女 HD.exe), which works but the text is still cut off.

1596419095692.png

Last edited:

superelmo

Respected User
Oct 8, 2017
I just reinstall all the files with no save all clean, ran the NotoSans-Regular.ttf and install then start up the launcher.exe, It is still not working, once startup it closes and the (Launcher.exe) disappear and I tried
Your antivirus program is deleting the Launcher. I posted about it just above your first post. If that happens you'll need to add Launcher.exe as exception. If you don't want to bother with adding the Launcher as exception or trust your antivirus, then there's a new version of the patch without a Launcher. You can find it on Oneline's Discord channel. The link is here:

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes