• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Abandoned Jack Hall Revenge [v0.4.0] [Praline]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Maverick43

Dec 29, 2017
Excellent game:)
Just the sauna event with is very buggy (many variables arn't declared, by example saunaTalk, saunaTalkE, etc)

And after that all the week02.rpy begin to be unplayable (too many errors because too many uninitialized variables due to the bugged sauna event)

I'm waiting a fix.

Reactions: Woolfie

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
ok..second image..with buff dame has me humminahummina...my fellow ren'py aficionados..is this a worthy download? is the incest forced or are their other dames to pursue? talk to me my cult of wessonality!!!

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
ok..second image..with buff dame has me humminahummina...my fellow ren'py aficionados..is this a worthy download? is the incest forced or are their other dames to pursue? talk to me my cult of wessonality!!!
I'm pretty sure you can avoid the cousin and aunt sexually. (Don't take my word for that) Your therapist and partner can be pursued.

Worth? Maybe in a few updates. I think Praline is getting there with the coding and renderings.

Reactions: ThunderRob

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
I'm pretty sure you can avoid the cousin and aunt sexually. (Don't take my word for that) Your therapist and partner can be pursued.

Worth? Maybe in a few updates. I think Praline is getting there with the coding and renderings.
will try it then.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
ok..playing it @Praline whenever jack talks to his cousin he greets or addresses her as cousin and she the same..you really need to change that just to give it a more realistic flow..change it to "hi Liz" and "hi Jack" and right off the bat it'll look more natural...its a minor thing but would make a big difference...because the only people that greet each other as "hi cousin" are the Amish :p

Reactions: botc76 and Woolfie

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
here is a updated, and proofreaded section on the introduction. let me know how you like it. already working on the rest of them.

Reactions: Woolfie

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
updated week00, found a error when trying to start, after double checking it, found i caused a unexpected error when i was editing dialog. now fixed. but if you have any other issues please post it please.

Woolfie

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I've almost read all.
So far it is great, you 've done a fantastic job : I thank you
I'll try to build the new version begin of next week, I've some images I want to improve

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
Little update folks i will be waiting for the developer to correct and update some scenes before continuing with the proofreading as we noticed some scene's weren't playing like they should and so forth.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's difficult to say. The story is alright, the renders are so-so, but the main problem I have is that it is buggy as hell.
For example, last time I played it random parts would just random story parts would just repeat again and again, along with new content, and that there is content that is supposed to repeat (due to slight grind issues), doesn't make it easier to know what is supposed to happen.
There were also several loops you had to be careful not to enter. I haven't played it for a while, but the recent posts don't lead me to think it has become much better on the bug front.

As for the incest, well, you don't have to pursue aunt and cousin, if a cousin really counts as incest for you, after all in most of Western Europe you can even marry your cousin. There is your cop partner and your therapist as well, so there are other options.

Edit: And you already played it,,,, late reply be damned. ;)

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017

Overview:
You are Jack Hall, a young cop from Sun City fresh out of the academy. You've been through hard time. Your parents have been killed and your aunt and uncle too. You have choose to go overseas in an army unit. After 5 years you're back in town seeking revenge.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2019-01-30
Release Date: 2019-01-30
Developer/Publisher: Praline
Censorship: No
Version: 0.3.5
Language: English/French
Genre:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Save older than 0.3.5 will not work

Download:
WIN:
- -
MAC: - -

View attachment 88863 View attachment 114965 View attachment 114966 View attachment 147615 View attachment 147616 View attachment 147617
Love the game but why dose it have same dates for release and updates confusing thaught it was a remake

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I don´t know if this is a bug or not I hope you know you can talk all time to Alice to week 2 and never looked on the case !!!

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'week02/auntwe20a.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'week02/auntwe20a.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "loop.rpyc", line 159, in script call
  File "week02.rpyc", line 608, in script
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 495, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Downloads\JackHallRevenge-035-pc\JackHallRevenge-0.3.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'week02/auntwe20a.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Jack Hall Revenge 0.3.5
Wed Jan 30 17:00:07 2019

Jayjayj

Aug 15, 2017
So is there a fix for the sauna scene? You're at the pool with aunt and cuz then just a bunch of errors and it skips ahead to the nex Monday.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes