Ren'Py Abandoned Iris Quest [Ch. 1] [Xaljio & DAHR]

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Monkey83

Aug 14, 2017
anw when i saw v0.65... i was thinkin finaly some content but no is milking patreon behavior (i kno someone will say me or we dont support$$$ them and dont have to talk about "milking") but is true, since first demo Aug 5, 2015 - till now realy nothing new.
View attachment 2593
If you have follow his work, you will know that this is only one of the project he's working on. He have other game and artwork as well.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Just so I'm clear here, i've just downloaded a game in development since last may and all I get is an intro?

Reactions: Magneto98

Keyen

Nov 7, 2017
at this point you just sound jealous...LYK only translates... Xaljio helps with coding questions and Dahr draws miscellaneous stuff ...I read his bio.. and basically pleads people not to pledge.... but thats the whole point of the word *support* .. honestly you act like hes taking YOUR money. i dont defend xaljio because this is ridiculous.. but at least when Akabur comes out with something theres actual content EDIT akabur only draws for smersh sometimes.. thats it.
Akabur is probably the most overrated guy out there, by a fucking long shot. He did one half decent game, princess trainer, which is not that great compared to lot of games currently out there. One.

Witch trainer was a grindy shit with ONE cg over the whole game, and his third game is... a joke? Please, don't even say he is providing some content, he is milking his fans even worse than these guys with 3DCG incest games. If he worked one hour a week, he will do more works than he is currently doing.

I just can't believe this guy got over 20K$/month at some point. He is making the whole patreon scene looking bad (and his friends are even worse).

Reactions: Sole and badblonde

Epholos

Dec 15, 2017
If you have follow his work, you will know that this is only one of the project he's working on. He have other game and artwork as well. Next time if you want to say something bad about someone, as last do some homework dumb ass.
How about you check the date of the original post...

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
If you have follow his work, you will know that this is only one of the project he's working on. He have other game and artwork as well. Next time if you want to say something bad about someone, as last do some homework dumb ass.
I don't think you should be slinging insults around and requests for people to do research when it's clear you haven't done any yourself despite the fact that they are working on multiple games the progress of said games happens at such a slow pace the words Patreon milker would be a perfectly applicable term for these Devs.

Iris Quest has demo content dated back to Aug 6, 2015
Library story has demo content dated back to Sep 30, 2015

Now to verify the accuracy of the term Patreon milkers when it comes to these Devs by referencing another game.

Yandere Simulator a possibly famous game now, was originally worked on for more then 2 years by a solo Dev coding in and engine more difficult to code for then Renpy. He also did a lot of asset design by himself for a long time before his fans started helping out. His game has a whole bunch of mechanics and maps that had to be individually coded and designed.

E.g. An entire Japenese themed school with multiple room types multiple AI characters with there own daily patterns like where they go and what they do extra buildings outside the school also a home and basement for the main player and a town.

E.g. Mutiple kill mechanics.

E.g. Multiple Characters all with there own looks clothing styles and personality's.

The point being in 2 years alone the Yandere Dev had accomplished a massive amount of work compared to anything these and yes i say it again Patreon milkers have ever accomplished.

Now don't be miss-lead i actually like library story and what I have seen so far of iris quest but if there is one thing we can be damn sure of it's that these devs are milking the hell out of there games with extremely slow releases and low amounts of contents, but hell it's there game so it's there choice.

FYI: Took less then 5 minutes to do the research

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think you should be slinging insults around and requests for people to do research when it's clear you haven't done any yourself despite the fact that they are working on multiple games the progress of said games happens at such a slow pace the words Patreon milker would be a perfectly applicable term for these Devs.

Iris Quest has demo content dated back to Aug 6, 2015
Library story has demo content dated back to Sep 30, 2015

Now to verify the accuracy of the term Patreon milkers when it comes to these Devs by referencing another game.

Yandere Simulator a possibly famous game now, was originally worked on for more then 2 years by a solo Dev coding in and engine more difficult to code for then Renpy. He also did a lot of asset design by himself for a long time before his fans started helping out. His game has a whole bunch of mechanics and maps that had to be individually coded and designed.

E.g. An entire Japenese themed school with multiple room types multiple AI characters with there own daily patterns like where they go and what they do extra buildings outside the school also a home and basement for the main player and a town.

E.g. Mutiple kill mechanics.

E.g. Multiple Characters all with there own looks clothing styles and personality's.

The point being in 2 years alone the Yandere Dev had accomplished a massive amount of work compared to anything these and yes i say it again Patreon milkers have ever accomplished.

Now don't be miss-lead i actually like library story and what I have seen so far of iris quest but if there is one thing we can be damn sure of it's that these devs are milking the hell out of there games with extremely slow releases and low amounts of contents, but hell it's there game so it's there choice.

FYI: Took less then 5 minutes to do the research
I like people doing homework :))))))))

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
This is very different from the Iris Quest I played, in the sense that there's nothing to play! It's not bad, it's just that all this introductory exposition isn't as good as jumping in media res and figuring the shit out from there, both the story and gameplay. Conventional TBS/RPG mechanics aren't so difficult to figure out that they require a tutorial, even for someone with no exposure to games. Is there anyone above the age of 2 with no exposure to games?

sospecial

Aug 9, 2017
So a year ago or so I played princess trainer and loved it. Truely a good game and worthy of praise. That game was good from beginning to end and had a great story overall.

But this is kinda disappointing coming from that. I really like Iris as a character and would really like to see this done. Also the sheer amount of exposition being spouted here is a little ludicrous.

Reactions: dav121

Stev1

Jan 4, 2018
FYI people there is more content than just this intro. There is some gameplay stuff that was released a while back with a boss fight at the end

I understand their progress is slow and that is frustrating but IMO if the quality keeps up I am fine with waiting. This art style I just love so fucking much, and its got a good writing/humor style as well.

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
So many hype, Akabur., Dahr.. :) По-русски спрашиваю, вы наебываете народ, или угараете просто? :) Latst one for devs

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes