Ren'Py Abandoned Iris Quest [Ch. 1] [Xaljio & DAHR]

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
If Akabur doesn´t want people continue funding him, he can just stop the pledges for his profile for a while, as MrDots has done this month since there will be no update for his game "Dating my Daugther".
why should he stop ? he clearly say on his patreon that you can do whatever you want and its just a tip jar....

he have absolutly no reason at all to stop, even if he stop working on his game. peoples can do whatever they want, he clearly mention it

Reactions: Julius and Balub

sebastiang2

Oct 28, 2017
Fixed OP, Updated Tags, Added Samples/Cover, Updated Game.
You could also add links to Iris Quest Demo and Shantae minigame as they have totally different content:
Demo:
patreon com/posts/iris-quest-demo-3110838
In game password: little party

Shantae minigame:
mega nz/#!GIAzAYoB!cCKYDMDySiwzXTkmxaSUQKjG6LBbud1blM0yMYkd0Lc
Sorry for direct link, but it's only available for patreons: patreon com/posts/55-iris-quest-4418458

Thanks

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
why should he stop ? he clearly say on his patreon that you can do whatever you want and its just a tip jar....

he have absolutly no reason at all to stop, even if he stop working on his game. peoples can do whatever they want, he clearly mention it
I was answering a previous comment of an user that said that Akabur had asked his patrons to stop funding him. If he wants it, he could just stop the pledges.

Anyway, I think a dev proves to be way more serious and profesional if stops the pledges when he's not releasing updates even if it's not his fault, as MrDots has done.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I was answering a previous comment of an user that said that Akabur had asked his patrons to stop funding him. If he wants it, he could just stop the pledges.

Anyway, I think a dev proves to be way more serious and profesional if stops the pledges when he's not releasing updates even if it's not his fault, as MrDots has done.
yup
look at Mortze.. he definitly stopped anything on his patreon to join with Tlaero... still, if you look his patreon, they are still some peoples who pay for him. even if he clearly say that he will no post anything anymore on there, he let it open and some peoples pay him -_-

i dont know if the dev is a shark, or if peoples love to swim in dangerous water...

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Alot of stuff stolen from AKABUR and to be honest that guy doesnt deserve that someone else is using his artwork with not even mentioning him.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
I have no idea what some people are talking about here. They have thanked him, hell they even mention him at the end of the Demo.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Just to clear up a misconception that seems to be perculating on this thread, the character, Iris, in Akabur's game, Princess Trainer, isn't Akabur's work. She was developed and drawn by DAHR - link to his Patreon is in the OP. DAHR and Akabur worked together on Princess Trainer but from what I understand the majority of the work is Akabur's. If I remember correctly, there was a falling apart between DAHR and Akabur, but the two aren't bitter about it, at least publicly, and Akabur is all good with this game and the content. Just wanted to shed some light on the peeps who are upset thinking that the artwork is 'stolen'.

Reactions: PharahBackside

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
I have no idea what some people are talking about here. They have thanked him, hell they even mention him at the end of the Demo.
I just was curious... play a little... Yup... And from begining they mentioned him....

Anyway those russians knows each other... ;)

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
yup
look at Mortze.. he definitly stopped anything on his patreon to join with Tlaero... still, if you look his patreon, they are still some peoples who pay for him. even if he clearly say that he will no post anything anymore on there, he let it open and some peoples pay him :noexpression:

i dont know if the dev is a shark, or if peoples love to swim in dangerous water...
Yeah... I don´t get it either. But I suppose that some people just forget they are paying every month since it´s just a few bucks.

Reactions: unevenrm

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
coconuts сказал(а):
yup
look at Mortze.. he definitly stopped anything on his patreon to join with Tlaero... still, if you look his patreon, they are still some peoples who pay for him. even if he clearly say that he will no post anything anymore on there, he let it open and some peoples pay him :noexpression:

Hehe.... 100% second one part in last paragraph of yours.... :) BDSM-lovers

Sep 24, 2017
Alot of stuff stolen from AKABUR and to be honest that guy doesnt deserve that someone else is using his artwork with not even mentioning him.
Maybe its Dahr's artwork... he draw a lot for Akabur's games...as long you don't know the truth you should not judge.

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
If I understand correctly, 2 trainers were out... and third was in dev... And Witch trainer was drawn by Akabur, but Dahr was there also.... Anyway sorry for offtop

Sep 24, 2017

I wouldn't stop it either... but on the other side we should't complain about developers who do nothing or just release a 0.00001 demo. As long patreons support (ex-)devs which do not realease content or almost no content... other will try to jump on the same train!

rykdragon

May 3, 2017
How many years past from first release 4-5-6? I didnt remember. And still intro.:tf: Lets wait another 6 years may be we will see half of the game.

Reactions: dav121
3.50 star(s) 11 Votes