Ren'Py - Abandoned - Iris Quest [Ch. 1] [Xaljio & DAHR]

1. 3.00 star(s)

xesaie

Amazing art and terrible game design;

This game looks really good, and if you're into cartoony art (both the sexy bits and in general) this is a great game.

On the other hand, the game is entirely dull to play. There's combat and it's looooooong and dragged out.

Combined with the small amount of content and the glacial update rate, we're left with a huge lost potential game -- but one still worth getting if you're into cartoony 2d art.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

user_69

this has been in development for so long and there's barely anything to show for it. the art is great and it seems like there's potential here, but its not there yet. I cant even get past the first real battle with the imps. It seems pretty much impossible. The combat really needs some reworking to make this even slightly playable.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Pantera1320

Chapter 1 is a great intro full of the classic Princess Trainer style art, references and humor. The several mini games throughout it are fun additions to that format. The one complaint I have is not enough Iris but I understand this is the setup for the rest of the game. I had just about given up on this game ever being released so I hope the following chapters don't take nearly as long as the 1st.
    Edit: Not sure this one will ever get finished. :(
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Wellthisisinteresting

The release of chapter 1 is amazing! Fun gameplay and you can skip the fight if you want, I really like the choices and options! Art is great and characters fun and sexy too, this game has huge potential and I really hope we get to see more like this chapter.

9/10 from me for chapter 1!
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Genji

How long it take again for the production?Its been 2 years.And we only start chapter 1.

Pro:
    -Art and Beautiful slave girls.If you are into rape,slave and prostitution (future)this game is for you.
    -Sex scene

Cons:
    -It take too long for an update.
    -Few sex scene.
    -Too Grindy.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

lurkmaster

While it is a bit barebones, the release of chapter 1 has me optimistic. I think the game beautifully captures the wonder of Akabur's Princess Trainer with a nice personal twist from the creators (whom btw arent working with akabur on this game, but have his permission and blessings to do so from what I hear). Is it always fap-worthy? No, but the few fap-worthy moments are truly top notch and the art is really good. Has development taken ages? Yes, but now that they have started their chapter-wise development, updates should be more regular. Cautiously optimistic to see all my childhood cartoon princesses be thoroughly enslaved and trained in the light-hearted manner of this "Akaburesque" genre's storytelling.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

rgevake

This game has had so little progress during its 2 years of development that it can as well be tagged "abandoned".

The akabur style art is awesome, the writing is pretty good but then again, it has under 10 minutes of gameplay (without the pointless fights), being a "demo" for far too long and we probably shouldn't expect it to get any considerable updates.

It's still worth playing for what little content it has though!

Update. The developers are releasing this game in chapters which are standalone executable minigames. At the moment of updating this review, download link on the first page only includes Rapunzel chapter and not the other one that I've also played that is Iris and Genie adventure through a dusty town.
    So dig further if you're interested.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

HoleInOne

Great game over all, given its a demo (v0.81). Art is amazing, core game loop works, all and all very good.
    pros:
    * amazing art. Truely amazing.
    * Core game play that works, which is more than i can say about most ero indie games.
    * Quirky and funny. Most games these days are just clones, and even though this game is obviously borrows from akabur games, it has its own tone.

Cons:
    * To short. But its a demo, so what can you expect. I personally would love more of the slave route with maybe ballgags and cuffs as clothing items.
    * Difficulty scaling- final boss was hella easy, but i had to repeat one of the fights leading up to it 3 times. Multiple enemies are way harder that one vig enemy.
    * Linux version doesn't work. Had to use wine on the WIN file to play. Hope you get that fixed of the next release.

English was fine. One combat move was in russian. Overall i love how yo treat the audiance with recpect and the way you take suggestions. Good job!
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

Very short, can be completed in ten minutes, not even really a game! The art is absolutely gorgeous and I love what I'm seeing so far like Elsa from Frozen, hopefully they actually go through with it and have her in the game - but as of right now, this demo is not worth your time. Its a fun novelty but not worth a download.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Intro...

This appears to be a Parody game that pokes fun at a lot of different Disney animation film character...

The visuals are 2D and look very much like the same art style as actual Disney animation... Which takes some good artists to be that accurate while still being unique and creative... The backdrops are the same...

The English script looked pretty flawless, as I didn't run into any spelling/grammar errors... The plot isn't really revealed all that much in this demo... You get a lot more out of the optional skip introduction part, showing the history behind this game (a prior game by the same developers dealing with the same parody style)... What little plot this game shows, hints at it being a female protagonist who is scouring the universe for slave girls... And all this game demo really does is show some backstory, a tiny bit of lead in, and the game's combat system... And that is all you really get from it...

Overall, the game shows some creativity and interesting game play concepts, along with a funny backstory... But you don't really get much more out of it, then that... It shows some promise, for being a possibly funny parody of Disney animation, but we'll have to wait and see what the future holds... I found more humor in the visuals of this one, then the text so far, but it's still just starting out the gate... Will I revisit this one? Most likely, down the road a little bit, once it gets some more playable content...
  11. 4.00 star(s)

rhev

Very short, and no actual gameplay to speak of. This is admittedly the [intro] that is supposed to showcase the art and the style of the game as well as some of the mechanics that will take place in the game as it's being created.

So with that in mind it does a pretty good job of showcasing the vision for the game. But it's still basically a very short demo. So I couldn't give it 5 stars.