Ren'Py Abandoned Iris Quest [Ch. 1] [Xaljio & DAHR]

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes
Sep 24, 2017
Have a good time. Meanwhile, we’re going to resume working on the first full game episode for you. After taking a small break, of course.
LOL ^^

A break? Some people release such content in a month without a break...but hey its not their fault... really if the patreons are stupid enough to pay for nothing, why should the developers refuse the money? They learned from the BEST Akabur... ;D

jamesbubble

Jun 15, 2017
LOL ^^

A break? Some people release such content in a month without a break...but hey its not their fault... really if the patreons are stupid enough to pay for nothing, why should the developers refuse the money? They learned from the BEST Akabur... ;D
Yeah but Akaburs stuff is at least worth it plus hes alone... Xaljio has a "small but capable team"....despite that this intro is just sad.... dont compare them.. its just rude.

Huey

Jan 1, 2018
Not to excuse Xaljio at all....but it does seem from the content he has been working more on Library Story than Iris Quest lately. So i dont know if he just has a hard time juggling the two projects since there is also a high demand for LS as well.

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
I hope this does not mean you have to wait several more years to see something of the complete game

Sep 24, 2017
Yeah but Akaburs stuff is at least worth it plus hes alone... Xaljio has a "small but capable team"....despite that this intro is just sad.... dont compare them.. its just rude.
Its not rude its the truth... Akabur had help, Dahr, Xaljio and a LYK.D9. And with Smersh he did an other project for which Smersh made his own patreon. Read his patreon he mention them all. All off them are working together and getting their own patreon money for the same project... ok they are claiming that they are doing own stuff... but it looks all like the same things Akabur made or some old stuff revival... AND why is Akaburs stuff worth the money he got? He made good games, BUT he got 20k per month for several years. When I compare the stuff other released in shorter time... I say yes he got TO MUCH money so...
I just see the facts and don`t follow the Akabur is good hype!!!

Btw Akabur is still getting almost 5k per month...for what??? Man people have to much money to spend...

Reactions: Sole and Argox

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Not to excuse Xaljio at all....but it does seem from the content he has been working more on Library Story than Iris Quest lately. So i dont know if he just has a hard time juggling the two projects since there is also a high demand for LS as well.
So basically we'll get a release schedule like LS. Years for little content, and what there is can be a mess.

jamesbubble

Jun 15, 2017
Its not rude its the truth... Akabur had help, Dahr, Xaljio and a LYK.D9. And with Smersh he did an other project for which Smersh made his own patreon. Read his patreon he mention them all. All off them are working together and getting their own patreon money for the same project... ok they are claiming that they are doing own stuff... but it looks all like the same things Akabur made or some old stuff revival... AND why is Akaburs stuff worth the money he got? He made good games, BUT he got 20k per month for several years. When I compare the stuff other released in shorter time... I say yes he got TO MUCH money so...

Btw Akabur is still getting almost 5k per month...for what??? Man people have to much money to spend...
at this point you just sound jealous...LYK only translates... Xaljio helps with coding questions and Dahr draws miscellaneous stuff ...I read his bio.. and basically pleads people not to pledge.... but thats the whole point of the word *support* .. honestly you act like hes taking YOUR money. i dont defend xaljio because this is ridiculous.. but at least when Akabur comes out with something theres actual content EDIT akabur only draws for smersh sometimes.. thats it.

Sep 24, 2017
Why should I be jealous? Fact is he wasn`t working alone, and fact is that compared to others his work isn`t worth the money!
But I also said:
"but hey its not their fault... really if the patreons are stupid enough to pay for nothing, why should the developers refuse the money? They learned from the BEST Akabur... ;D"
I would also take the money without the need to do anything for it...
And yes if Akabur realeases anything there is content, but how long did he need to realease it?
You think you are the only one who read anything about Akabur and claiming that I am jealous should prove me wrong...
The only good thing is that Akabur said that he don`t care about pledges, but what is wrong with the statement that his friends learned from him? They are asking for pledges for there work and do nothing, because they think what works for Akabur works for them...
I know that Akabur draws for smersh... where did I say anything else??? Maybe you should not only read Akaburs bio... you should also read posts to which you reply.
The Broken Heart Bordello was an old Akabur project which smersh revived with the permission from Akabur, they are real life friends:
"A good friend of mine who I'm working with on another project at the moment called "Broken Heart Bordello"."
Akabur says they are working together...NO thats it!
You don't need to like my opinion but don't try to prove me wrong with wild accusations!

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Really? 2 years of work for what...3-4 minutes of "game"? Speechless...
Come on now. Credit where credit's due: Xalijo first posted about Iris Quest on December 29th, 2014. That means this game has been in development for at least three years.

Seriously though, I don't think that we have much to complain about as long as we're not actually paying for this game. Given that Akabur and co generally do actually put out the stuff they make (not that it's always the quality we want, see the most recent Space Channel release), I assume that there will eventually be some kind of full Iris Quest release.

That being said, if you're funding this particular project and expect to see a playable and complete game by the end of the calendar year, I've got some bad news for you...

Reactions: jamesbubble

jamesbubble

Jun 15, 2017
Why should I be jealous? Fact is he wasn`t working alone, and fact is that compared to others his work isn`t worth the money!
But I also said:
"but hey its not their fault... really if the patreons are stupid enough to pay for nothing, why should the developers refuse the money? They learned from the BEST Akabur... ;D"
I would also take the money without the need to do anything for it...
And yes if Akabur realeases anything there is content, but how long did he need to realease it?
You think you are the only one who read anything about Akabur and claiming that I am jealous should prove me wrong...
The only good thing is that Akabur said that he don`t care about pledges, but what is wrong with the statement that his friends learned from him? They are asking for pledges for there work and do nothing, because they think what works for Akabur works for them...
I know that Akabur draws for smersh... where did I say anything else??? Maybe you should not only read Akaburs bio... you should also read posts to which you reply.
The Broken Heart Bordello was an old Akabur project which smersh revived with the permission from Akabur, they are real life friends:
"A good friend of mine who I'm working with on another project at the moment called "Broken Heart Bordello"."
Akabur says they are working together...NO thats it!
You don't need to like my opinion but don't try to prove me wrong with wild accusations!
This comment I can respect... because you saying "its not worth the money" is an opinion, I cant dog on you for that.. also Ive said before I DO NOT defend Akaburs FRIENDS.. they do take money and basically give little to nothing in return. and yeah it takes Akabur a long time... but if were comparing creators.. YummyTiger is worse than all of them combined. Im content with Akabur... if youre not thats fine.. I just found it weird your main thing in your defense was how much money he makes rather than your other statement of how it takes him a long time to make something. Anyway Ima stop commenting about this... this isnt a place for beef.

Sep 24, 2017
Im content with Akabur... if youre not thats fine.. I just found it weird your main thing in your defense was how much money he makes rather than your other statement of how it takes him a long time to make something.
My main point was that I can't understand the patreons who support developers who do almost nothing... the amount of money is not important as long the released content its worth the money. Akabur has many fans that is why he makes a lot of money, but the released content isn't worth so much money. His friends are trying to making money with his popularity...
I have no beef with you, I just say what I think... so we can agree that we disagree ;)

Reactions: Argox

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
It Not a spin off some games are based from akubas But artwork wise some rip akbar some do thare own but the dev of this game is collaborating with deker and akbar

Zer0z

Jun 29, 2017

I think Akabur specifically asked people to stop funding him on patreon.

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
I think Akabur specifically asked people to stop funding him on patreon.
If Akabur doesn´t want people continue funding him, he can just stop the pledges for his profile for a while, as MrDots has done this month since there will be no update for his game "Dating my Daugther".

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
If Akabur doesn´t want people continue funding him, he can just stop the pledges for his profile for a while, as MrDots has done this month since there will be no update for his game "Dating my Daugther".
Awwww... No updates for DMD? Sad

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes