_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
House Party v0.7.1 Alpha
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\
Thanks for an updated link. I put the torrent on my seedbox, should be pretty fed for awhile. Cheers.

fasteddie

Aug 19, 2016
Yes you can do both Katherine and Rachel's path in the same playthrough.
Recommend doing Rachel first as you do not need to do the cell phone jamming sequence if you get Brittany downstairs (Katherine will stay in the study so you don't need to move her).

Only thing you can't get is a bj from Ashley after finishing with Rachel as her meter would be too low. You can however do Ashley's full path first and make a save before untying her top.
In theory, that's certainly true. However, Katherine was bugging the fuck out if I did Rachael first with version 7.0.

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
Weird, I'm getting an error when trying to launch 7.0 or 7.1

Any ideas?

Failed to initialize player:
Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions.

Last edited:

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Thanks for the link to 7.1

I still think it's bullshit that people who bought it on steam don't get access to the patreon stuff
What are the Patreon customers (who may pay as much if not many, many times more than the Steam customers) getting that Steam customers don't? Just take a look at the Patreon page and sort out what is content-related and what is not. Those Eek! suckers seem to respond to just about anybody on Discord and Steam, so if you want to be in touch with them you may not even need Patreon rewards. If you want some personalized cuddly fluffy attention from them, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are into that. The only meaningful difference is that Patreon customers get the content (and the post!) several weeks before Steam. Oh, and they pay up to 66% more than Steam customers. In a month. You should be thanking Patreon members as they are the reason 0.7.anything is available here.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Weird, I'm getting an error when trying to launch 7.0 or 7.1

Any ideas?

Failed to initialize player:
Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions.
Ahem. When was this? Prior to running the executable, prior to the splash/input and graphics settings loading, prior to starting a new game?

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
So specifically, this started after you already could run 0.7.0 or 0.7.1, and NOT upon first trying one or the other? Ruled out other, even seemingly unrelated PC updates? This is a new error to me.

In case anyone is thinking it: no, there was no protection of any sort added to the game.

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
So specifically, this started after you already could run 0.7.0 or 0.7.1, and NOT upon first trying one or the other? Ruled out other, even seemingly unrelated PC updates? This is a new error to me.

In case anyone is thinking it: no, there was no protection of any sort added to the game.
Yes ,I could not run either. upon trying either of them. Both 32 and 64bit. The last version that I could and can still run was 6.6. After getting the files from the torrent, I tried to run the game and the error shows up, but does not show up when I run 6.6. So, its a new one to me as well. Not sure if its some missing files as I only downloaded the Win32 and Win64 only as a note.

Last edited:

neon767

Aug 9, 2016
Was it a water bottle issue? Or did she get uncontrollably jealous and spasm/bug herself into a wall?

I had the same issue: it's on the part where Katherine asks you to expose yourself to everyone. If you already finished rachael's path, you get a reaction from rachael like you are undressing with her in the bedroom and it doesn't count as exposing yourself to her, and thus you can't complete that step for katherine.

fasteddie

Aug 19, 2016
Was it a water bottle issue? Or did she get uncontrollably jealous and spasm/bug herself into a wall?
So after getting Katherine into the room with the laptop and running through all of Rachael's dare spoofed texts, and getting Katherine to the point where she was 75% ready to fuck, she required you to flash all the guests before moving on. Well, that part was looping without completing. After flashing her and everybody else, I would talk to her and get no progress, but could flash her again to get her same 'Good thing you thought to flash me too' response.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Yes ,I could not run either. upon trying either of them. Both 32 and 64bit. The last version that I could and can still run was 6.6. After getting the files from the torrent, I tried to run the game and the error shows up, but does not show up when I run 6.6. So, its a new one to me as well. Not sure if its some missing files as I only downloaded the Win32 and Win64 only as a note.
Hm. Well...I can't really say for sure why. It could conceivably be an issue if you have Unity installed on the same machine and there's some sort of conflict. Could also be a Visual C++/.Net error. So fully uninstalling Unity (if that's an option) and/or making sure any MS files are updated properly could be solutions. 0.6.6 is a Steam-only version so, it is somewhat unlikely that you have Steam, use Steam and play Steam games, stay on top of Windows updates (I am assuming), AND have MS VC++ or .NET 'framework/Redistributable' component issues. I suppose some part of the unzip process could have caused an issue, but again, hard to tell.

There are some logs that are generated by the game. IDK if you have them cause of how early the game crashed, but here is what I'd need:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1:53 PM] erasmus: House Party Log Locations
Hey all, for troubleshooting purposes I just want to point out where error/output logs for House Party can be located. See below, and please have them ready if you are reporting a crash or any incident of a pop-up error you think might be related to the game. Note that the .DMP file will only be created in certain cases where the Unity Error Handler itself catches the error. This is all so we can help you resolve your issue and make the game better for everyone. Thanks in advance!

Error log (Engine/Unity related failures that may also correspond with related messages in the in-game debug log, accessed by hitting 'F5'): YOUR INSTALL PARTITION:\ or C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party\Errors.txt

Steam Apps log (program runtime errors and anything the Steam client is capable of catching): YOUR INSTALL PARTITION:\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\output_log.txt

.DMP file (only generated when you get an error that says something like "The game crashed. The crash report folder named 'DATE_ID' placed next to game executable. Send to the developer of the game!"): Will either be located in your Steam install directory as referenced above for the Apps log, near the actual executable for House Party, OR if you ran a standalone build of the game this log will be in the folder you placed that .exe in.

Also please have a screenshot or some form of capture of the in-game Debug Log (press the F5 key when playing) when the problem occurred, if possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I had the same issue: it's on the part where Katherine asks you to expose yourself to everyone. If you already finished rachael's path, you get a reaction from rachael like you are undressing with her in the bedroom and it doesn't count as exposing yourself to her, and thus you can't complete that step for katherine.
So after getting Katherine into the room with the laptop and running through all of Rachael's dare spoofed texts, and getting Katherine to the point where she was 75% ready to fuck, she required you to flash all the guests before moving on. Well, that part was looping without completing. After flashing her and everybody else, I would talk to her and get no progress, but could flash her again to get her same 'Good thing you thought to flash me too' response.
Alright I'll have to step through the latest build and see WTF might have happened.

Reactions: fasteddie

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
Hm. Well...I can't really say for sure why. It could conceivably be an issue if you have Unity installed on the same machine and there's some sort of conflict. Could also be a Visual C++/.Net error. So fully uninstalling Unity (if that's an option) and/or making sure any MS files are updated properly could be solutions. 0.6.6 is a Steam-only version so, it is somewhat unlikely that you have Steam, use Steam and play Steam games, stay on top of Windows updates (I am assuming), AND have MS VC++ or .NET 'framework/Redistributable' component issues. I suppose some part of the unzip process could have caused an issue, but again, hard to tell.
  1. I have had no zip files from the 0.7 or 0.71 torrents. These are the only two torrents I've downloaded so if I need a previous build to install these patches over, I am unaware of that.
  2. I received the error with and without unity installed.
  3. I use steam daily. So its running 24/7 and updated.
  4. Windows is up to date, sfc scan has reported no window files related issues.
  5. I have Visual C++ 2005,2008,2010,2012,2013 and 2017. Assuming that they are using an updated unity build, I should be aligned with the required Visual C++ package.
  6. I have .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.7 in which I think I'm updated on that front as well.
  7. I have no logs in the appdata/local/eek folder nor in steam as I don't own the game yet, so nothing in steam Eek Related.
Given how the error is worded and looking into it online, it is a compiling error in general. Like the exe is not updated to match the game file version. With 6.6 working just fine using the same file structure in the torrents, I assume that is what the issue is, a compile error with the exe.

-=Update=-
I went ahead and grabbed a copy from the OP's Mega link which is 7.0 and that worked just fine. Maybe there some corrupted files on the latest torrents that is causing this error. Trying to copy over any files from the 7.1 torrent to the 7.0 mega files causes the same error, including with and without overwritting the exe. So that to me points to a bad file from the torrents.

Last edited:

Adawg555

May 16, 2017
You must fill up her meter as much as you can and get her naked or the prostitute option won't be there.
I'm also having trouble with this. I have her bar as high as I think it can go and still get the "I'll talk to you later, Stephanie" option after she is naked and nothing else. Any help?

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
-=Update=-
I went ahead and grabbed a copy from the OP's Mega link which is 7.0 and that worked just fine. Maybe there some corrupted files on the latest torrents that is causing this error. Trying to copy over any files from the 7.1 torrent to the 7.0 mega files causes the same error, including with and without overwritting the exe. So that to me points to a bad file from the torrents.
Yeah, frankly this makes the most sense given the scarcity of errors we've noted popping up before the game can even run (and that weren't related to anti-virus policies, GPU/driver issues, etc.). I didn't want to go the easy route and call attention to "the method of distribution" :winkytongue:.

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
Yeah, frankly this makes the most sense given the scarcity of errors we've noted popping up before the game can even run (and that weren't related to anti-virus policies, GPU/driver issues, etc.). I didn't want to go the easy route and call attention to "the method of distribution" :winkytongue:.
*high five* dats teamwork for ya!

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
Can you load 7.0 saves and start Redemption with Rachel quest done?
unfortunately no

I'm also having trouble with this. I have her bar as high as I think it can go and still get the "I'll talk to you later, Stephanie" option after she is naked and nothing else. Any help?
Did the start quest "Redemption" and "candy man" ? You must talk to frankie about the weed beforehand and he ask you for $50 which you don't have. you must then whore yourself out to Steph for the money.

3.60 star(s) 62 Votes