VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
No offense but I just find it frustrating when everyone is complaining why devs take so much time then they start comparing to what other devs do.
Quite relatable. People like to complain. Its human nature. No harms done, as i wasn't scolding you at any rate. Seriously, i'm sexually attracted to you due to Dragon signiture :closedtongue:

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Quite relatable. People like to complain. Its human nature. No harms done, as i wasn't scolding you at any rate. Seriously, i'm sexually attracted to you due to Dragon signiture :closedtongue:
I knew you weren't I just hate having to nitpick little things then having a dev of another extremely great rendered/storyline game jump in made me go :eek:

Hahaha I'm flattered but I think all credit goes to PhillyGames and Krull for their work with the signature.

I'd rather nitpick on whether Ele goes on a depravity path or an innocent exploration path :coldsweat:

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
I didn't want to make it a comparison thread! They're all really good. No offense but I just find it frustrating when everyone is complaining why devs take so much time then they start comparing to what other devs do.
I didn'T complain about anything. Dev can release 1 update per year. I don't care at all. I didn't give John example so you guys can make it a "vs" fight. I will leave you alone since whatever i say you will understand from wrong side. Have fun, be calm. Peace!

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
ou're not serious, are you? I do not want to offend anyone and the quality of CG in High Life is extremely good, but it does not compare with JOHN. Hell, even Milf City isn't as good at pictures as JOHN. This is evidenced by the quality of the picture, attention to detail and the environment, and especially the lack of noise.
I'll give you the lack of noise and sharpness of stoper's images, but Erosion's renders have better and more varied dramatic (in the sense that it points to and enhances an emotion) lighting and coloring. JOHN feels over-saturated, and a bit kitschy, in comparison. That said, both these devs are head and shoulders above most of the pack, and they both have their strengths. If there is one strength I wish stoper could pass on to every dev here, it is the ability to create so many quality images in so little time. In that, he is undisputed.

Maybe if we can get Erosion to their second stretch goal, the entire team under the same roof may help them work faster.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I'll give you the lack of noise and sharpness of stoper's images, but Erosion's renders have better and more varied dramatic (in the sense that it points to and enhances an emotion) lighting and coloring. JOHN feels over-saturated, and a bit kitschy, in comparison. That said, both these devs are head and shoulders above most of the pack, and they both have their strengths. If there is one strength I wish stoper could pass on to every dev here, it is the ability to create so many quality images in so little time. In that, he is undisputed.

Maybe if we can get Erosion to their second stretch goal, the entire team under the same roof may help them work faster.
MrJet and I had PM conversation and we agreed it's based on personal preference (Wanted to take the conversation away from comparisons and back onto the real issues at hand. Like what type of scenarios Ele encounters).

The last thing you want to do is annoy another dev about rendering/coding/scripts.

Reactions: Enyos

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
You're not serious, are you? I do not want to offend anyone and the quality of CG in High Life is extremely good, but it does not compare with JOHN. Hell, even Milf City isn't as good at pictures as JOHN. This is evidenced by the quality of the picture, attention to detail and the environment, and especially the lack of noise. Of course, it's all just a matter of taste, but judging by the graphic component, the championship is obvious.
I've had this downloaded, but yet to try. Now I might have to play through it, although I find it hard to believe that they'll be better renders than High Life. :)
And don't sell yourself short there. The renders in your own game are pretty damn amazing. I may have fallen for Lisa the first time I saw her. :p

loooooliiii

May 27, 2018
Anyone know the model they use in this game? Probably goin' to do some fanart after I bought some better graphic later

Landerk

May 20, 2018
Love the game, enjoy playing a game with a cute, innocent, female protagonist, and having the ability to decide who she sleeps with. I wanted to say something about the bathroom scene at the club followed by the diary writing scene, I chose to help the girl in the bathroom, but in the connecting scene, she comments on feeling bad about not being able to help her, as she was in fear for herself. I would have liked to be more, maybe comforting to the girl in the bathroom after the... happening... but since I did help, not sure why that inner dialogue played out the way it did.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Love the game, enjoy playing a game with a cute, innocent, female protagonist, and having the ability to decide who she sleeps with. I wanted to say something about the bathroom scene at the club followed by the diary writing scene, I chose to help the girl in the bathroom, but in the connecting scene, she comments on feeling bad about not being able to help her, as she was in fear for herself. I would have liked to be more, maybe comforting to the girl in the bathroom after the... happening... but since I did help, not sure why that inner dialogue played out the way it did.
It's a known bug where the dev explained that this version was supposed to be updated with an updated script. Hopefully it gets fixed with the next episode.

Reactions: Landerk and Enyos

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Does anyone know what's added in the elite version? Are we missing out on anything storywise?

Also, dev reached 90 patrons now. Good for him/her:biggrin:

215303j

I chose to help the girl in the bathroom, but in the connecting scene, she comments on feeling bad about not being able to help her, as she was in fear for herself. I would have liked to be more, maybe comforting to the girl in the bathroom after the... happening... but since I did help, not sure why that inner dialogue played out the way it did.
There was a fix (user made) posted earlier in this thread.

Or:
If you'd rather use the console to just fix your current run:
enable console (with UnRen or manually), shift + O, eintervenegirlclubday1 = True
Do so before the bathroom scene ends to get the proper follow-up scenes

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
The music makes me think of the music from The Perks of Being a Wallflower movie. I like the game, not usually one for female protagonists, but it's enjoyable. Keep up the great work!

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
From now on, this is one of my favourite games. I guess it's probably going to be slow progressing plot as MC is really innocent - maybe similar as "Life with Mary" (another one of my favourites), and it doesn't really matter to me if game is good.
Please don't be Abandoned!!!

TheAnonymoose

Aug 2, 2018
Hi guys - first time posting, and happy to be putting it on a game that I really enjoyed the current version of! Can't wait for future releases. :)

I hope I'm not violating any rules or anything here - but does anyone know what simulator/engine the characters were created in? It's not going to stop me from playing, but my god I prefer this sort of style 100 times more than the Honey Select style, and would love to get the raw simulator and mess around with it. ;-)

Reactions: Enyos

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Hi guys - first time posting, and happy to be putting it on a game that I really enjoyed the current version of! Can't wait for future releases. :)

I hope I'm not violating any rules or anything here - but does anyone know what simulator/engine the characters were created in? It's not going to stop me from playing, but my god I prefer this sort of style 100 times more than the Honey Select style, and would love to get the raw simulator and mess around with it. ;-)
Welcome to the Jungle.. errr... Forums!
I believe most of these high quality rendered VN's are created in Daz3D. It's very versatile and can be modified with blender, photoshop, and autodesk.

TheAnonymoose

Aug 2, 2018
Welcome to the Jungle.. errr... Forums!
I believe most of these high quality rendered VN's are created in Daz3D. It's very versatile and can be modified with blender, photoshop, and autodesk.
Wow; I had previously only played Waifu Academy and just assumed a lot of the scenes for these VNs were done in simulators like that. If this is done in a more general renderer like Daz3D, that's even more impressive than I previously thought.

Especially this one - the graphics are bloody stunning!

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Wow; I had previously only played Waifu Academy and just assumed a lot of the scenes for these VNs were done in simulators like that. If this is done in a more general renderer like Daz3D, that's even more impressive than I previously thought.

Most renders seem to be done in Daz3D/Iray these days. The graphics and the story together are a lethal combo :extremelyhappy:

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018

Indeed! The detailing is the best I've seen, hands down. The opening scene had very photographer artistic angles and lighting, and the attention to details (signatures on the school uniforms slowly adding up) shows a serious amount of work that got put into every element.

Then there's the work put into the Ren'Py script, with the vast number of decisions that add up very quickly. Branching stories that may get opened for some, and different scenes for others. Erosion is attempting something I've never seen before, and wouldn't dare to try without a talented team to work with.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes