Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
If that was your intention then I don't understand why you would specifically talk about me and my mod and directly compare it to you and your mod. But anways, yeah I'd agree the scene has changed but I don't think for the worse. I don't understand why you would say Nexus was "forced" to add an optional donation feature though since I can't think of any logical reason why someone would think that optionally giving people money for work that they've done is a bad thing. Nexus wasn't forced to do anything.

I think he brought that up because with this mod, there is no optional. You either pay or you won't get the full version. Nexus has the full version, "but hey if you want to send money my way for my hard work, here's a link."

But this is a pirate site..

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
if the guy wants to charge for a mod, it's his prerrogative, it's mine to not pay as well...
That was the point I was making, earlier. This is not a case of a dev holding back part of the game to sell it separately as DLC. Rather, it is someone who feels their efforts are in high enough demand to make money off them. People talk about how "mods used to be offered for free," but they fail to point out that the creators of those mods had multiple reasons for making their work freely available.

While there may be reasons to avoid asking for payment, most of what has been proffered thus far comes across as, "Shame on you for trying to make me pay for something I want for free. Gimme!" Not a very persuasive argument....

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
This is a pirate site, which is why I'm free to share the Nice Things with people. If Lain wants to make a little money off his hard work, and people are willing to pay it, then good for him. He's maintaining enough different mods that people really shouldn't whine about it.

Edit: The Nice Things I mentioned. This is the full Patreon version of the 5.2 mod.

Freakyman

Dec 22, 2017
I aint complaining about people making profit off hard work but when you are personally advertising it on a pirate site it goes against the idea of a pirate site. either share the full version with a patreon link where people might donate or dont share it at all, its the same with other pirated content.

I come to places like these to find games i might enjoy but dont want to drop money on dead end games, and with the current market of patreon killing games or devs not finishing, i am not willing to take that risk. i wish all the devs the best of luck and i wish lain the best of luck with his projects.

diferender

Mar 2, 2018
@Fitzgerald
This is a pirate site, which is why I'm free to share the Nice Things with people. If Lain wants to make a little money off his hard work, and people are willing to pay it, then good for him. He's maintaining enough different mods that people really shouldn't whine about it.

Edit: The Nice Things I mentioned. This is the full Patreon version of the 5.2 mod.

Nice, thanks. Could you also share the Mythic Manor one, please? the thread if you wanna post it over there.

asrind0r

Aug 6, 2018
I downloaded the full version of the trainer to an older version of the game, put it on the old version of the game - 0.5.1 - but the mod does not work there. Why?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I downloaded the full version of the trainer to an older version of the game, put it on the old version of the game - 0.5.1 - but the mod does not work there. Why?
Probably because like you said your mixing game and mod versions, that might be fine with something simple like a incest patch but not a more complicated mod like this. why not get the .

Reactions: Maid Lain

asrind0r

Aug 6, 2018
Ponoe is not the passage of a fashion suit me too. Although there is still an option to use the saves editor and write it yourself. I think it will take less time than to wait until again a new version of the mod will be fully available to everyone.

I already put the latest version of the mod on the latest version of the game - but it is useless, passing 2 Persians from at least 8 or more is obviously not enough.

asrind0r

Aug 6, 2018
I deleted all the save game and all the contents of the log file for the checks.

Now it remains to put the game and the mod of the desired version and everything will be clear.

If it does not work, it is unlikely that anything else will help.

Mod will try to put all 3 latest versions on both later versions of the game.

By the way, why the full version of the mod 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 weigh only 10.3 megabytes, and the free version of the flash 0.5.3 - about 139 megabytes. Seeing this difference I can not understand because of what is she so big.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Mod will try to put all 3 latest versions on both later versions of the game.

By the way, why the full version of the mod 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 weigh only 10.3 megabytes, and the free version of the flash 0.5.3 - about 139 megabytes. Seeing this difference I can not understand because of what is she so big.
So first, the mod says it only works with v0.5.3, so if you're using multiple game versions don't, just use v0.5.3

Second, if you're using installing multiple versions of the mod, don't do that and only install the v0.5.3 version of the mod linked in the OP. Your game isn't going to work if you put old and new versions of the mod in your game folder.

Third, if you read the OP you can see that there's a lot of information about me adding:
  • 7 new scenes that aren't in the original game have been added by the mod.
which is why the latest version of the mod is a lot larger.

asrind0r

Aug 6, 2018
The last one is useless at the moment, 2 characters in it are a trifle. Other zakrit - not considered.

asrind0r

Aug 6, 2018
Why doesn’t the running version of the mod work on any version of the game? New while it is for a fee - garbage and not needed.

asrind0r

Aug 6, 2018
It came with your mod to 3 Cali tips, but with it it is not clear what to do, it needs to be explained in more detail. All the characters of the game in relation to the main parameter seems to have only 1 friendship. It is unclear how to swing it further 5-6, and ignoih how to swing it above 2-3.
Everything shakes easily, except lust and friendship. Lust is a trifle, but friendship is the opposite.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes