Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@Steve70
I'm not sure what you mean, what OP says that? The Harem Hotel pdf walkthrough on Runey's patreon is $20. My in-game walkthrough mod on my patreon is $5 (also comes with all my other mods).

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean...
I was confusing the two.

Putting a mod behind a paywall is just pathetic.
Capitalism is not "pathetic." If someone is smart enough to make money by filling a demand in the Market, more power to him. If the thing he is selling is a product he made, even better. The key to success, however, is to not charge more for the product or service than the Market will bear.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Putting a mod behind a paywall is just pathetic.
Well you're obviously in the minority with that opinion because some of the biggest adult patreon creators are mod makers:

Reactions: john_snow8

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
Well you're obviously in the minority with that opinion because some of the biggest adult patreon creators are mod makers:

Oh wow, I could go into details and lecture you about the differences between the aforementioned modmakers and you, but I rather not, if you know wickedwoohoo and sacrificial's work and policy you would know that their work is not behind a paywall. Not just because it would be against the base game's EULA but putting a pricetag on a modification for a game is not ethical.

Here I could lecture you about a Steam and Bethesda fiasco that happened recently, but I don't see the point.

It's just sad, that you bring up 2 big names, and you don't even know what you are talking about. :D

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Oh wow, I could go into details and lecture you about the differences between the aforementioned modmakers and you, but I rather not, if you know wickedwoohoo and sacrificial's work and policy you would know that their work is not behind a paywall. Not just because it would be against the base game's EULA but putting a pricetag on a modification for a game is not ethical.

Here I could lecture you about a Steam and Bethesda fiasco that happened recently, but I don't see the point.

It's just sad, that you bring up 2 big names, and you don't even know what you are talking about. :D
Well if you agree that their work is not behind a paywall then that means you agree that my work is not either, so thanks for proving my point. If you want the full mod for v0.4.3 you can download it right now, it's in the download links. The v0.5 mod will be free for you eventually too. So you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Even though reading you whine is amusing, I'm not going to bother responding to you anymore since you don't know what you're talking about. Feel free to write me another paragraph though. ;)

Reactions: john_snow8

Raiko1

May 30, 2018
I find it kind of ridiculous that some people are getting all bent out of shape that someone could charge for a mod. I personally am not gonna pay for a mod but that is also the extent of my give a shit about it. If you don't want to pay just move on.

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
I find it kind of ridiculous that some people are getting all bent out of shape that someone could charge for a mod. I personally am not gonna pay for a mod but that is also the extent of my give a shit about it. If you don't want to pay just move on.
I agree. People get bent about the stupidest things. I really appreciate the amount of time and effort Lain put into this, Made a huge difference in the enjoyability of a very good , but grindy game. (It is still very grindy.)
So many thanks to Lain for all his hard work from the Red Pyrate, I for one would not have continued the grind without his excellent mods to take away the pain of the grind.
RED

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I've been working on too many other mods that I forgot to make the demo version, sorry.

This link doesn't work, which is a shame. Thank you anyways for your work, and please ignore the assholes who hate on you for providing mods for a small fee. While I personally don't agree with that as it's not in the general spirit of the modding community, everyone needs to make a living, and it's your content to decide how it's made accessible.

EDIT: Hah, you just posted
There was a bug with the fast travel system and I'm updating the mod with a couple new features so there will be a new download soon, sorry!
at the same time I posted my post.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@victor2730 @Virulenz @Amariithynar

(for real this time =P)

I'd definitely recommend using the demo version of the mod even if you don't want the full version. It still adds some useful stuff to the game. Sorry it took so long!

v0.5-1 Changelog:
- *New - Added a guide for the pin-up outfits and added schedules for the girls.
- *New - Removed the fast travel since it was causing bugs with saves, sorry! :c
- Added the new content from v0.5 to the walkthrough.
- The mod menu is now accessible from the quick menu at the bottom of the screen, so you can now open it while talking to someone.
- The "Max all stats" cheat includes the new stats added in v0.5 and Autumn's and Violet's stats have been added to the cheat as well.

Dars

Apr 14, 2018
Question, do I remove the old mod 0.5 or overwrite it with the new one ?

brab123

Nov 22, 2018

na he is right, your mod is nothing compared to those

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
na he is right, your mod is nothing compared to those
I never compared my mod to either of those. You're complaining about things that I never even said lol.
And I'm not sure if you're aware, but those mods are for the Sims and aren't even remotely related to any kinds of mods that I make.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes