• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
:whistle: Good that you admit it.
I would say try it and if its to hard for your old paws delete it. The renders and the story are worth a look for sure.
well..ya havent lead me astray(in the past 5 minutes) so i'll try it
this will require the making..and consumption of 4 grilled cheese sandwiches though...to overcome my dexterity issues...naturally.

• Haha
Reactions: ontach

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I've actually gotten this idea when playing Doki Doki Literature. There is a renpy and steam version and both uses the username as the default name. As a matter of fact, some steam game defaults to your username when creating profiles. But anyway, I can't really decided on a default name, most VNs I play that doesnt have a default name I just use ASD. sigh I'll think of something to remedy this.
Just look up a list of male names. Preferably nothing too common but not overtly "unique" either.
or maybe just a male name you're particularly fond of

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
Thank you for all the feedback. ATM, I am fixing the rollback mechanic to make it easier. Implementing a keypress to instantly rollback to where you are suppose to. I am still testing this under the hood to check if it breaks variables and saves. This is a bit tricky because it's a jump, it doesn't reset variables to their previous state unlike a rollback.

On another note, I just finished the class scene where the last QTE mechanic is introduced. I will try to push through the weekend to try to finish the out of campus lunch scene. This is where the use of QTE and your power will be showcased. If all goes well, this will be the "ready" build, as it were.

Regarding Elise model, she is the Cathy model converted to G8. I did modifications to her skin tone and her face and body shape. I wanted her to look more "normal". Good on some angles, ugly on some. Just like most women in the world, I guess. This for when other women are introduced, especially Elise's friends, that are more attractive than her. And with Elise's good-natured personality, this makes cheating both rewarding and guilt-ridden.

Megnold

Aug 14, 2018
Game really interesting, looking forward it
and what is MC default name? just asking someone tell me

Ithilion

Dec 25, 2018
Interesting setting. Several minor typos here and there. Minigames could potentially become tedious. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok. The first thing that gets me angry ... Why do I have to click for each sentence? :mad:
Please change that - or offer an option to change that. I start reading from the beginning every time I click bc in general then you get a new "page".

And yes Elise is quite ugly. Her red eyes and her face in general - at least in that first close up. When she changes face expression it is getting better. But she feels off. Dont really know what my problem with her look is. Maybe because she looks really sick and that is something most ppl dont like. It is one of our evolutionary protections to avoid ill people :)

I stopped after the introduction of the school buildings.

Dude, that is a massive exposition dump. And why? Just introduce the buildings when they are need and we cross them. The player gets nothing of that. Up to that point we already had a lot of explanation - and not really smooth exposition.

Up to that point we have exposition, some mechanic explanation and a conversation with a stoned and ill looking girl. Not the perfect start for my taste.

I think you can streamline that a lot. Improve her look a bit, and reduce that exposition and/or move it further back and distribute it better. For example, use the info for the school buildings when we first approach them.

very useful video about the problems of exposition :)

I will try it again in a later version ^^

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Burn this game and it's Quick Time Events to the ground. Then nuke it from orbit to be sure.

Reactions: Hyped

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I didn't see anything wrong with the game the QT's were not that bad she looked alright to me but I did change her name to Ginger.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
noooo it ended so quicly :(
awesome start btw. loved the interactions. really unique game. i just know im gonna love this:love:
all the best to the dev. great work!

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
Alpha Build 2 released. Updated OP. Enjoy and please give any negative feedback so I can address it if possible.

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
Alpha Build 2 released. Updated OP. Enjoy and please give any negative feedback so I can address it if possible.
i had problems in the minigame when it came to spam the letter F since in ren'py that letter is associated to the toggle fullscreen command, so i had to change the config file to go past that point.

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
i had problems in the minigame when it came to spam the letter F since in ren'py that letter is associated to the toggle fullscreen command, so i had to change the config file to go past that point.
This stems from using an old save. A lot of functions were changed, the first Alpha still used letter F as part of QTE. This build has scrapped it. Try starting a new save and see if the issue still occurs.

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes