ontach

Apr 8, 2018
It's Ren'Py - which means you can do Python stuff in it, like the example from (the official Ren'Py developers forums).

Code:
label start:

python:

import os

user = os.environ.get('username')

"Hello there, [user]."
This does not imply that the game is doing anything nefarious. If someone cares enough and asks nicely I will download, decompile and check for anything icky in the code (like any calls to python networking stack).
Actually, in Windows at least, it is even easier. Just look at the path of any file in your downloads/ documents/ pictures ... folders.
C:\Users\<username>\Downloads

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
as a fancier of wild coloured hair(except BLUE DAMMIT) the splash image got me checking..so now reading the thread ..some of you think the game is up to shenanigans..others think its fine...should i wait 2-3 more pages of comments before this is figured out?..lol

Reactions: botc76

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
this game should not be here.. it is reading information off your computer as soon as you open it...
The fact that the game literally offers the real name you have attached to your computer as the default name for your character in-game got me a little bit suspicious...
Lots of programs will read information from your computer. Many can't/won't run without using other programs or files (i.e. information) that you had on your computer beforehand. The bigger issue is if there is a command to transmit that information to another device without asking for your permission. Something like requiring an active internet connection to play the game would be a red flag that generally warrants using caution and looking further into things.

DOM76210

Dec 19, 2017
The graphics were amazing for this game, but the mini-games and having to scroll back multiple times was a pain in the ass. I really think the author can come up with better.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
The graphics were amazing for this game, but the mini-games and having to scroll back multiple times was a pain in the ass. I really think the author can come up with better.
On my laptop, there is no scroll wheel, obviously. Page Up is Function key + Up arrow.

Reactions: DOM76210

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
Dev here.

The fact that the game literally offers the real name you have attached to your computer as the default name for your character in-game got me a little bit suspicious...
Okay, that may seem suspicious but <username> is actually not a "private" info for programs inside your computer. Every program installed knows your <username>. For windows, all renpy games have their save folders located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy. This can be read easily by any program. Here is the python code to read the username:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here is the Renpy Forums discussion about it.

I can remove this if people find it creepy. The reason this was added is because I'm too lazy to come with names for VNs I play, so I decided why not just use the username as default and get it over with.

redprimate

Sep 22, 2018
Dev here.

Okay, that may seem suspicious but <username> is actually not a "private" info for programs inside your computer. Every program installed knows your <username>. For windows, all renpy games have their save folders located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy. This can be read easily by any program. Here is the python code to read the username:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here is the Renpy Forums discussion about it.
It really is weird to see many people being so afraid of username being offered as default name in a renpy game but i suggest that you just give another default name instead in future patches,it's not like everyone has their name as username anyway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Reality Mode

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
It really is weird to see many people being so afraid of username being offered as default name in a renpy game but i suggest that you just give another default name instead in future patches,it's not like everyone has their name as username anyway.
I've actually gotten this idea when playing Doki Doki Literature. There is a renpy and steam version and both uses the username as the default name. As a matter of fact, some steam game defaults to your username when creating profiles. But anyway, I can't really decided on a default name, most VNs I play that doesnt have a default name I just use ASD. sigh I'll think of something to remedy this.

Sayora

Oct 17, 2017
What i suppose to do with rollback ? i tried and noting happen exept increase/decrease click counter or this is some kind of stupid joke ?

Reactions: Irish687

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Interesting VN that tries a different approach to gameplay and storytelling. Too early to say how good or bad it will be.

THE GOOD:
- Interesting setting.
- Good writing.
- Decent renders
- Making rollback into a feature is an interesting move.
- QT events. Can be fun, can be annoying, hard to say now.
- MC's analytical mind. His "powers" are not too overpowered thankfully.

THE BAD:
- Player choices - There are none really. It seems it's just whether you miss the clickable or not.
- Elise - Now, this just a very subjective thing, but I just don't find her face attractive, particularly her eyes are strange. Otherwise, she is well written, and I will give her a chance, but I'm interested in other options now.

THE UGLY:
- UI (especially for QT events) could use some work.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
What i suppose to do with rollback ? i tried and noting happen exept increase/decrease click counter or this is some kind of stupid joke ?
same problem. what to do with roll back?
You need to rollback (mouse scroll up) to the beginning of the scene. Then find the clickable when the "radar" in upper corner shows a big yellow dot.

genever

Oct 28, 2018
I fully agree with Alikamari here.

- Looks very interesting.
- Elise is not the hottest one but that doesn't bother me much. She seems to be a nice character.

We will see what future brings.

Reactions: Akamari

gka7

Oct 29, 2018
a yellow dot appears in radar when i give her my phone number. i click there, continue game but still stuck when it asks to rollback

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes